32 replies to this topic

#31 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

That Dalton/SPECTRE trailer just makes me a little sad.

I'm still not over having the rug pulled out from under me - I was SO looking forward to Dalton's 3rd Bond movie back in the early 90's.  We were robbed...

Having said that, Dalton would have been great in SPECTRE.  He would have been the perfect fit for that movie.  Dalton really was the proto-Craig, only with more of the class that Moore brought to the character.

Great trailer...

#32 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

That Dalton/SPECTRE trailer just makes me a little sad.

I'm still not over having the rug pulled out from under me - I was SO looking forward to Dalton's 3rd Bond movie back in the early 90's.  We were robbed...

Having said that, Dalton would have been great in SPECTRE.  He would have been the perfect fit for that movie.  Dalton really was the proto-Craig, only with more of the class that Moore brought to the character.

Great trailer...

Ah, the infamous lost The Property of a Lady script.  As it stands, Dalton has a nice body of work.  He and Lazenby, due to their short runs, are the only Bond actors that don't have a weak film among them (LTK is very Bondian, just hampered by a limited budget.  No made for TV movie has tanker truck chases and barefoot waterskiing plane stunts.  Those were brilliant set pieces!)

Dalton's third could have been great, but what if it wasn't?  Would have liked to have seen that chase on the Great Wall of china though.

#33 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

I can't believe I haven't commented on this after viewing twice. This makes me want a third film like a majority of people here. Dalton's two films were ahead of the curve and for me, outshine the Bronsan era. I like Bronsan's portrayal, but only in small doses. 

Damn, if only Timothy stayed! Even if for just one more. It would have been worth watching.