22 replies to this topic

#1 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

Thought I'd kick start this - Sony are presenting tonight (19:30 CET) at CineEurope in Barcelona. Sony Spain confirmed to @Archivo_007 that there will be new footage, and Naomie Harris is set to present it.

Hoping this new footage is a new trailer that I have to say it's about time for...

Edited by antovolk, 24 June 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Can't wait :D

#3 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Sounds exciting! Though I should probably not get my hopes up that this footage will make it online for those of us who cannot attend CineEurope, to see.

#4 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

Archivo 007 reporting for duty...

The facts: Sony confirmed us that some "footage" of SPECTRE was going to be screened on CineEurope 2015 in Barcelona, today, the 24th.

Sony invited Archivo 007 to attend.

When we went to collect the tickets... our Sony contact told us (in a chaotic situation with thousands calling him and talking to him) that we can't go (apparently others couldn't... press?) due to an "embargo" from London. He told us that he was very sorry and in debt with us  B)  , but no more explanation was given...

We'll keep you informed!

#5 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Wow, what a letdown. 

#6 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

They showed something.

http://www.hollywood...-spectre-805006

#7 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

Hmm.. The Hollywood Reporter apparently thinks that Naomi Watts is playing Moneypenny... Really wish the author of this had proofread before publishing it.. Lol..

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

They showed something.

http://www.hollywood...-spectre-805006

Introduced by Naomie Watts apparently ;)

(Beaten to the punch again!)

Edited by Vauxhall, 25 June 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#9 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

Embargoes usually hint at issues that production companies want hidden. I can't imagine that is the case here, but that is the message that some might take from this.

#10 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

I disagree - embargoes usually are enforced to keep us internet guys from spoiling everything too soon.

#11 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

Embargoes usually hint at issues that production companies want hidden. I can't imagine that is the case here, but that is the message that some might take from this.

They show something to the press, that they want hidden...!??  Wot?

#12 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

The impression I'm getting is that no press apart from THR was allowed in - hence Archivo 007 having their invites revoked and stuff. Only the theatre owners for whom this show is for anyway were allowed in.

Also if that footage did indeed show all the major cast...sounds like a trailer to me - mind you it could be an extended trailer that won't ever be released and THR do for some reason say "unfinished"...

And yes, embargoes on previews like this are to prevent spoilers.

Edited by antovolk, 25 June 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#13 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hmm.. The Hollywood Reporter apparently thinks that Naomi Watts is playing Moneypenny... Really wish the author of this had proofread before publishing it.. Lol..

Funny that Archivo 007 wasn't allowed to see it, but these NaomiWatts-guys did :blink: :angry: :rolleyes:

By the way, we already knew that Naomie Harris was in Barcelona...

Gu5mGi.jpg

https://instagram.co...by=babskymakeup

#14 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

Not certain if THR was allowed in at all. The article could as well be based entirely on second hand information. If they were allowed in as the only news outlet, it would be just more than a bit unfair, and I'm not certain if other media would simply accept this. But I guess we'll read similar reports from others, soon.

So it's the question: why is "regular" press allowed in and fan sites aren't. Can imagine their (wrongful) thinking: "real" journalists are pros, their job depends on acting according to some rules (and if they don't, there's still an editor in chief and a publisher etc. who can fix it). Fan sites are oddballs. There's no bosses, they can't be controlled and they publish everything they get their hands on (to whom it may concern: We don't. And be glad that we don't.) If we allow them in, everything will be all over the internet in no time and spoil the movie for the whole world.

We can go and play nice for fifteen years (okay, maybe not always in the early years), do free promotional work, submit statements that we won't report anything that's based on the Sonyleaks affair, and, and, and...

"Money isn't as valuable to our organization as knowing who to trust." Lesson not learned.

#15 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

For fan sites tbh they are oddballs, but believe it or not some studios do work with them more closely (Lionsgate with Hunger Games for example).

There are a couple of foreign film exhibition related outlets such as kinometro.ru that I'm tracking to see if there's more info. They probably were allowed in.

#16 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Well, we will get a full trailer in the upcoming weeks which will contain lots of new footage.  To get more this early is, at least for me, not even desirable.

ThereĀ“s such a thing as peaking too early.

#17 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

It would be very interesting to know WHO was in that room.  So far, the ONLY report coming out is from THR, and no other agencies.  Are the other press attendees having elongated editorial sessions? (Cough-cough).  And where is the usual bombardment of twitter feedback?  Again, as I said, I don't think that the reason our friend Archivo 007 was kept out had anything to do with quality, but many critics like to jump on these little factoids and make mountains out of molehills. Much like American politics love to find anything to make their point.  I've witnessed it for over 50 years of following the industry. My suspicion is the content of what was shown "might" have revealed something they didn't want those of us in the know to see.  Just a guess, mind you. 

#18 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Apparently, it was a trailer. This guy saw the thing and replied to me on Instagram.

4kfwcUr.png

#19 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Perhaps wishful thinking on their parts. 

#20 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

Apparently, it was a trailer. This guy saw the thing and replied to me on Instagram.

4kfwcUr.png

Interesting.  Wonder if they showed something longer than the trailer that included points they want kept hushed for the moment - or if they just want the trailer to blow us away without any prior knowledge?

#21 antovolk

antovolk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Missed this yesterday: more thoughts on the new trailer that debuted at CineEurope from Russian film industry portal KinoMetro (http://www.kinometro...e-2015-sony-008)

They also showed a new trailer at the presentation, which is still as secretive and as intriguing as the teaser. One thing that caught the eye was the relatively low amount of action compared to, for instance, the Mission Impossible trailer

#22 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

The trailer has been classified!!!

http://bbfc.co.uk/re...e-filmtrailer-0

#23 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander