38 replies to this topic

#1 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

One of the big talking points - after the cast, plots, effects etc. - in a Bond film is the product placement. From Dr. No (Smirnoff, Red Stripe and Pan Am) to Skyfall (Macallan whisky, Heineken, Sony, VW Beetles etc) - the Bond films' budget is helped a lot by partnerships with big brands eager to be associated with the spy known for his love of the very best.

Which Brands have been confirmed/rumoured for SPECTRE? So far I believe:-

Confirmed

Rumoured

• Fiat
  • Tom Ford
  • Crockett & Jones

I can add more as more information is released - have you seen anything I've missed?

#2 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

I believe Tom Ford and N.Peal and Crockett & Jones

#3 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

I believe Tom Ford and N.Peal and Crockett & Jones

Confirmed or rumoured? Do you have any links? I know that he wore them in Skyfall - and at the SPECTRE press conference - but do we have anything that states they're going to be used in the film? 

#4 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

http://www.jamesbond...s-bond-24-press

Tom Ford was rumored. But they said to someone that they have produced suits for SPECTRE.

Same thing for C&G.

N.Peal is official

#5 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

http://www.jamesbond...s-bond-24-press

Tom Ford was rumored. But they said to someone that they have produced suits for SPECTRE.

Same thing for C&G.

N.Peal is official

Thanks - updated

#6 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

A first look at the Belvdere branding and advertising.

bv_007_silver%20saber.jpg

bv-ecmb-300.jpg

#7 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

Little things like this are great. It confirms that a new Bond film is being made, along with everything else that comes with it.

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

British sheepskin boots from Celtic & Co will be worn in some of the colder locations.

#9 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

I wonder what Omega he´ll wear? Where´s Dell Deaton these days? Maybe be the new (reissued) Seamster? Sure looks cool

http://www.omegawatc...-master-coaxial

#10 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

I wonder what Omega he´ll wear? Where´s Dell Deaton these days? Maybe be the new (reissued) Seamster? Sure looks cool

I'm not a fan. I don't like watches that have been purposefully designed with an "aged" look. If you ditched the "aged" lume it would be sharp.

#11 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm not a fan. I don't like watches that have been purposefully designed with an "aged" look.

Well, in all fairness, they just kept the color scheme in that regard. But I do prefer my own Planet Ocean circa QOS. I´ts new but it´s also classic, even retro in some ways. The new Aqua Terra is also very similar to Fleming´s original Rolex, so, who knows? And maybe he´ll wear two, just like in SF. Deaton is the man to ask ;)

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

A first look at the Belvdere branding and advertising.

bv_007_silver%20saber.jpg

bv-ecmb-300.jpg

Oh god damn. 

#13 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

Gives me the chills even just looking at the bottle. Cool, literally. 

#14 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Bond ought to have a pocket watch, the fob chain could turn into a nasty weapon. In OHMSS it's even mentioned he got himself a golden one to better look the Bray part. I'd actually prefer that to the somewhat vulgar wristwatches. Anybody wears those today...

#15 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Anybody wears those today...

Everybody wore them in Fleming's day, too.

#16 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Can't argue that.

#17 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

On a related note: I wonder why they didn't go with that gold-flaked vodka, that would have made a great drink for the villain.

#18 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Bond ought to have a pocket watch, the fob chain could turn into a nasty weapon. In OHMSS it's even mentioned he got himself a golden one to better look the Bray part. I'd actually prefer that to the somewhat vulgar wristwatches. Anybody wears those today...

Pocket watches are rather uncomfortable to wear these days. Works with a three piece suit, when you have a vest with a pocket. But nowadays, one doesn't wear those at all times, like in the days of old. Pocket watches are just not made for trouser pockets. Not good for the watch, and the chain is not good for the pocket edges. Used one for quite some time, switched back to wristwatch.

#19 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'd actually prefer that to the somewhat vulgar wristwatches. Anybody wears those today...

It could be worse. At least they haven't got Bond just checking the time on his phone yet. ;)

#20 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Pocket watches are just not made for trouser pockets. Not good for the watch, and the chain is not good for the pocket edges. Used one for quite some time, switched back to wristwatch.

Definitely not practical. But where else could cinema's magic help to overcome the mundane hurdles of reality better than in 007's adventures?

No, of course far too quirky and eccentric for Bond. And yet...

#21 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'd actually prefer that to the somewhat vulgar wristwatches. Anybody wears those today...

It could be worse. At least they haven't got Bond just checking the time on his phone yet. ;)

Sacrilege!!! 

#22 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

With the next Sony smartphone again being marketed in the  movie. I wonder here in the U.S. will AT&T once again have the Sony Smartphone to choose for it costumers will renewing their 2 year plan with them.

I was very happy they had the TL and got for it free with a new 2 year plan with them again. But at Best Buy, since it did not cost anything their with the plan. At that time all the AT&T stores did not have the phones anymore to choose from in late May or early June of 2013.

#23 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

007 Vodka, I want it!

#24 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

Yes, finally a Polish accent in the franchise!  ;)

Definitely much better choice than Smirnoff, in my opinion. 

#25 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

I have only just seen what prices this Belvedere stuff calls up, steep, to say the least. I can see how high-end single malts survive in this niche. And I recently I learned about gin arriving in the same class. But vodka???

Edited by Dustin, 18 December 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#26 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Agreed, Dustin. There are vodkas and vodkas, of course, but some prices are way overdone. Even those luxury ones. 

#27 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Well, it's horses for courses I suppose...

#28 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

You know what, hear me out - I liked when the Bond franchise sponsored things like Smirnoff and Heineken because I could afford those. I am a large headed man of limited means who frequently loses his fight with the desire to have the same things James Bond does, and it's way easier for me to spring for a silk knit tie and a few Red Stripes than it is, say, a Tom Ford suit. :P

I say this mostly in jest, of course, but I will admit these partnerships perhaps make a touch more sense than before. Smirnoff is the sort of vodka you see at college parties, not the desk of a 00 Secton worker.

And, as always, I'm unreasonably excited to see what model Omega he'll be wearing. I have to say I didn't like his Skyfall watch too much, but maybe I'm biased as a Seamaster owner.

#29 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Smirnoff is the sort of vodka you see at college parties, not the desk of a 00 Secton worker.

The red label, maybe, but I'd be surprised to see these Smirnoff's at college parties...

smirnoff-blue-gr.jpg800x800_Smirnoff%20Black.pngsmirnoff-silver-label-1299706549.jpg

#30 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Oh, absolutely - but I think part of it may be that (at least in the States) when most people think Smirnoff they picture the red bottle - or worse yet, Smirnoff Ice. :D

Hypocritically enough I was still totally okay with Heineken appearing in Skyfall and that isn't exactly the top-shelf-iest beer in the world, so I'm probably a bad guy to ask!