263 replies to this topic

#31 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

Now I have Tom Petty stuck in my head... curses Dove!

#32 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:58 AM

Patience is not an easy thing to endure when it's a Bond film ;)

Any other film, it's tolerable (Though I was going insane as the wait for The Dark Knight grew nigh lol). But when It's Bond, we all just go anxious. I guess that's what makes this franchise feel all the more special.

#33 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

Luigi Doesn't Like Fettuccine

#34 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Sony Pictures have had their computers hacked with the hackers threatening to reveal their secrets.

Could the title of the new Bond film be one such secret? 

http://deadline.com/...age-1201295288/

#35 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well it's the 25th of November, so they're a tad late on releasing their info and secrets.

#36 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'm not sure I'd have guessed "Skyfall" from that film's acronym, "S". So, who knows?

#37 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

IMO, one week left for the Press Conference. 

#38 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

A known member of another forum is stating he has a contact who swears the film will be called

Spoiler
 Gargantuan pinch of salt here, gentlemen. On the same note: I´d love it if it were true. Very marketable, wether you´re a die hard fan or not, very translatable, very devious sounding. But then again, I really am taking this with a large pinch of salt. Just a net rumor. The guy also states there will be a press conference on the 4th. Who knows at this point? (Alguma notícia, Marketto?) Cheers.

#39 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

A known member of another forum is stating he has a contact who swears the film will be called

Spoiler
 Gargantuan pinch of salt here, gentlemen. On the same note: I´d love it if it were true. Cheers.

Which forum is that, Univex?  

#40 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Spoiler
 Gargantuan pinch of salt here, gentlemen. On the same note: I´d love it if it were true. Cheers.

Which forum is that, Univex?  

Mi6. Not the most accurate antrum, I´d say. Fans like us all. And we know what´s that like. But the guy is an old member, I think.., I´m not certain because I don´t go there very often. At this point, I only trust Marketto or Baz with info.

#41 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

Interesting if true. It's effectiveness from a brand perspective changes, IMO, depending on whether it's treated as the word or the acronym - and the word, per se, is technically spelled wrong.

Spectre? Or SPECTRE? Or S.P.E.C.T.R.E?

As a title, I'm partial to the last one.

#42 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

Just realized we´re on the spoiler section of the forums so no need for tags. Silly me.

And you raise an interesting question Matt. No idea how they´d handle that.

The guy in question has just doubted his own rumor in said forums, so I´d day that if he´s not willing to believe his own source, we don´t have to either. 

#43 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

Not sure I like 'Spectre', if that's their choice. But fingers crossed we find out the real title this week. 

#44 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

I think SPECTRE would be great, an excellent title. Wouldn't you only write S.P.E.C.T.R.E. (with dots) if you were supposed to spell it out? Strictly speaking, there is no need for the fullstop between the S and the P anyway. 

For example, you'd write I.B.M. and spell it out when you say it. But Bupa (which stands for the British United Provident Association) is written without dots and is said as a word. 

#45 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

How about "Spectre Of Death"? "Death Is a Spectre"? "The Spectre Of Defeat"? (Connery used that line in TB) I'm not offering these in all seriousness - if the producers are being cagy about, er, "you know who" being in Bond 24 it's not likely they'll tip their hand by using the name of his outfit as the title. But, you never know. My guess is it will be an unused title from the Fleming canon or something Messrs Purvis & Wade have a hair pulling session about.

(That said, if the actual title doesn't work for the theme tune, you could always fit that seven letter word into it instead! Might not mean a thing to present day film goers but us fans would get it straight away! ;) )

#46 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

Alguma notícia, Marketto? Cheers.

Not that I know. It's the same surprise for me. I'm not buying it at the moment, but...we never know. This week is going to be massive.

#47 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

SPECTRE would be a pretty lame title.  Way too on the nose and it would smack of a certain amount of laziness.  Even if they're going to be uninspired in their selection of the film's villain by going back to the past for someone (and an organization) that we've seen over and over again in the franchise, they could still manage to come up with something a bit more inspired than SPECTRE for the title.

#48 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

I already saw this title announced in Variety in 1985. It was to be Kevin McClory's follow up to NSNA.

Just because EON now holds all the rights to Ernst and his organization doesn't mean they intend to immediately resurrect McClory's planned franchise.

On the other hand, I said the same thing when MGM acquired the rights to CR in 2003...

#49 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

While it's certainly interesting, I don't buy it.

#50 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

if it is true that "spectre" is the title then this should indicate Blofeld return? 

#51 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

They can't really call it "Spectre" and still be straightfaced-coy about whether or not Waltz (or another actor) is playing Blofeld. That'd be practically akin to calling Skyfall "She's Moneypenny."

#52 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, no matter how they spell it, I'm not a fan of 'Spectre'. There has to be something better than that.

#53 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

I stand behind a proposed title I mentioned on another thread - I think calling the film Special Executive would rock.

#54 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

it is possible that spectre is a fake just to hide the real title? 

#55 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

I stand behind a proposed title I mentioned on another thread - I think calling the film Special Executive would rock.

I think that what makes the words 'Special Executive' entertaining as part of the acronym SPECTRE, is that something so businesslike sounding is connected with concepts such as terrorism. revenge and extortion. Just saying 'Special Executive' outside that context has no ironic twist. It may as well be the title of a documentary about high finance and corporate takeovers. 

#56 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

I don't think Special Executive has that Bondian flair of past titles. Somehow it's too straightforward and bland. 

#57 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yes, not a fan of SPECTRE. That would be two one-word titles starting with the letter S in a row. And I do not care for repetition. 

Although I can totally see it being used. 

#58 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

While it's certainly interesting, I don't buy it.

Nor do I. SPECTRE is too bland of a title and would be giving WAAAAY too much away.

#59 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

I guess the main problem with SPECTRE is that the majority would not know the word ("revoke" anyone?) and would not know about Blofeld´s connection to it either.

They will have to choose a title that a world wide audience will be able to understand... and say at the B.O.

#60 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Yes, not a fan of SPECTRE. That would be two one-word titles starting with the letter S in a row. And I do not care for repetition. 

The Man With the Golden Gun

and

The Spy Who Loved Me

?