77 replies to this topic

#1 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Has anyone a clue when this might be? The Skyfall domain names were registered a month before production started, and it's almost a month before this one does.
Getting antsy for some actual news.

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

What will you do with this news when it happens?

#3 mdileo007

mdileo007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

Don't know when it will be announced, hopefully on Dec. 6.

However, lets remember that TND, DAD and QOS were all several weeks into filming before a title was announced.  Obviously, if they have a title now, we'll get it no later than December 6.  But if they don't, and are still throwing around ideas, it could be sometime late December or even January before it is announced.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

It won't be for a while.  Earliest will be at the press conference they usually do to kick off production on the film. 

#5 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

It wouldn't´ surprise me if it were BOND 24 even during the shooting.  Happened before.

#6 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

We all knew QoS early, it leaked the same way that Skyfall did - domain name registration. It was made official at the kick off press conference which was held about 10 days into filming.

DAD was very late in the day, they'd been filming for over 3 months, if I remember rightly.

This time, I have a feeling they will carry on in the same vain as Skyfall -  A press conference a few days before the official start of shoot (some time in the first week of December), with the title announced and the cast confirmed.

#7 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

We'll get the title soon enough and it will leak probably before the PC. I recall MGW started the Skyfall announcement with "and now the most poorly kept secret in London" or something like that.

Just a month to go.

#8 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

I'm also thinking we'll know around the time of the press conference. We'll get a leak and everyone will whine about it because the name is horrible, but ultimately come to accept it when it's officially announced as the title.

#9 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Implode probably ;-)

Thanks guys....... I'm hoping for the domain registration leak to happen again lol

#10 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm also thinking we'll know around the time of the press conference. We'll get a leak and everyone will whine about it because the name is horrible, but ultimately come to accept it when it's officially announced as the title.

Really? When I read that Skyfall was the title for Bond 23 I loved it. Subtle, simplistic, plot related, and classy. A classic Bond title,

#11 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

I usually have a Bond movie title announcement party to celebrate where me and all my friends dress up as previous Bond titles.

One year I dressed up as an Octopussy....

#12 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

We'll get the title soon enough and it will leak probably before the PC. I recall MGW started the Skyfall announcement with "and now the most poorly kept secret in London" or something like that.

Yes, he said it - and the title really was (accidentally?) revealed when the domains were secured.  There even was an article in The Hollywood Reporter about it, weeks before the press conference.

#13 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

I get the impression that Skyfall was leaked deliberately. QoS got out the same way, but that was only a few days in advance - not enough time for the mainstream media to get their hands on it.

It was just being talked about on forums such as this one.

But Skyfall was a full month early and it had filtered through everywhere, yet it got out in the first place via the same 'mistake' - registered domain names. Subsequently, everyone was used to the idea. 

I remember the whole QoS conference being utterly overshadowed by bamboozlement, ridicule and general negativity concerning the title from the press. 

#14 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Yes, as if they never heard the words "quantum" or "solace". 

The question is: has there been a domain secured for BOND 24?  If so, why hasn´t it been leaked this time?

#15 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

Yes, he said it - and the title really was (accidentally?) revealed when the domains were secured.  There even was an article in The Hollywood Reporter about it, weeks before the press conference.

Yes, as if they never heard the words "quantum" or "solace". 

The question is: has there been a domain secured for BOND 24?  If so, why hasn´t it been leaked this time?

You gave the answer in that first post before you asked the question in that second one :D

I suspect that Eon is capable to learn from old mistakes.

#16 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

I guess they're learning and will register the domain just a few days before announcement.

#17 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:17 PM

They didn't learn from the very same 'mistake' on QoS, which suggests that the leaks are not really that accidental. 

#18 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Well..EON lost the race with Star Wars to announce the new film's title first... The Force Awakens will be the official title of Episode VII.. C'mon, EON give us your best with Bond 24's title.. :P

#19 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

They didn't learn from the very same 'mistake' on QoS, which suggests that the leaks are not really that accidental. 

We found out about QOS just by typing in quantumofsolace.com and being redirected to Sony. The altered that bit for SF.

#20 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

We found out about QOS just by typing in quantumofsolace.com and being redirected to Sony. The altered that bit for SF.

I, too, suspect that the leaks aren't really accidental. They're simply unavoidable, because skilled people are able to find out about registered domain or brand names. It's only important that nobody knows about the title before those names are registered. Knowing about the title after that doesn't harm the film one single bit. All the fuss about the title announcement is just done to create attention.

Was quite easy to find out about QoS. AFAIK, we knew before that i wold be an unused Fleming title. One just had to try the remaining ones, and a result had to turn up sooner or later. Wasn't that easy for Skyfall. It only leaked because someone got a tip (which doesn't that it wasn't intentional)...

#21 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Yep, we're all getting like the audience at a concert when the band is an hour or more late going on stage...*slow clap begins..* We...want..some..news!! We...want...some.. news!! We...want..some...news!! :P

#22 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:53 AM

http://www.risico.com/

Well, that ain't it.

#23 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:00 AM

http://www.risico.com/

Well, that ain't it.

http://www.propertyofalady.ca Not this. :)

#24 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

Typed in http://www.risico-movie.com and got this. Got my hopes up, but it's probably nothing.

a0cKhgI.png

#25 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

Typed in http://www.risico-movie.com and got this. Got my hopes up, but it's probably nothing.

You get the same United Domains placeholder page if you enter http://jamesbond-risico.com - interesting, but probably nothing. 

From what i've been able to find out, It seems both domains were registered 2 years ago by the same person and were renewed yesterday, 6th November.

EDIT United Domains is also holding http://risicothefilm.com for the same person - this domain was also renewed yesterday.

The person in question lives in Portugal. 

#26 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

Interesting - yes. Shows us that B24 definitely won't be named Risco.

Some clever Portguese guy registered the domains (via a German based company) well before the Skyfall title announcement, hoping to make a bit of money in case Eon picks the name for the next Bond movie. Now renewed it, for the same reasons. The only thing he does is preventing the next Bond movie from being named Risico.

The company Sony and Eon employed for that kind of work has been in this business for ages ("internet ages", that is). They know all the tricks (guess they invented some of them).

#27 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Yes, I agree. This most likely puts Risico out of the picture. 

As I remember it, in the case of Skyfall, a number of websites all got an e-mail tip off at about the same time, on the same day.

This told them what to look for and where, making the job much easier. There were lots of links to "who is" on Domain Tools. 

#28 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Maybe EON already has the title embedded out there somewhere in a domain name but is using Q's polymorphic engine to mutate the arrangement of letters...just daring us to try and crack the code.."Security through obscurity!" :P

#29 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

If we have any suspicions, is there any way to find out whether or not a particular domain name is in use  / has been purchased?

Dave

#30 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

If we have any suspicions, is there any way to find out whether or not a particular domain name is in use  / has been purchased?

Dave

Yes, you can search on sites like this: http://whois.domaintools.com