495 replies to this topic

#331 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

Looks more like a pronounced widow's peak, than anything intentional.

You can see it more here, with longer hair...
Dave+Bautista+Guardians+Galaxy+Premieres

Yes, you're probably right. But they may have cut it to emphasise that.

Here he is with close cropped hair at Pinewood last month. I think they've let the hair in the middle of his head grow a little longer than the rest, to show that widow's peak more.

8723057-large.jpg

#332 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Wonderful pics!! See the three of them standing out there with the beautiful, sunny alps in the background makes think of John Barry's cue, "Journey To Blofeld's Hideaway" from OHMSS..It just has that "step-outside-and-breath in-the-lovely-clean-mountain-air" feeling to it.. :)

#333 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

Posted some photos in high resolution on the James Bond Brasil Facebook page.

You can check here: https://www.facebook...221066884577265

:)

#334 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

can't help but think of OHMSS seeing those picture's

#335 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

You can see a green screen in the reflection of Craig's sunglasses.

Edited by dirtymind, 07 January 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#336 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

I really can't wait to see all of this unfold on screen in a handful of months...

This location and the striking dynamic between Daniel and Dave alone has jump-started my excitement. 

Is it November yet?

#337 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

First pics from the shooting in Sölden. 

iDjcE8C.jpg

#338 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

247A095F00000578-2900166-Making_their_mo

247A0E3B00000578-2900166-image-a-50_1420

#339 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

So is it safe to assume the gondola does not play a prominent role in the film itself? Seems like it's just for the crew. Very fancy though.

#340 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

So is it safe to assume the gondola does not play a prominent role in the film itself? Seems like it's just for the crew. Very fancy though.

Maybe not this particular one, but Austrian reports hint that the cablecar will be used.

Also, the Sölden mayor said in an interview that an airfield has been built in Längenfeld (5 or 6 kilometers north of Sölden) especially for the movie, and that they'll shoot a plane crash there...

#341 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

Yes, the cable cars are used in the film. 

#342 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

Excellent! :)

#343 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

From what I've picked up on various social media, there was indeed filming at Sölden today, but they managed to keep the set very very tightly locked down. No mean feat to keep the paparazzi out in this day and age, although I suppose sealing off the top of an Alp is as good as any!

#344 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

" The whole bloody alp??!! Rediculous!! " - Campbell Lol!!

#345 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

Shooting goes on in Sölden today. It started snowing atound 10AM, which will go on for the rest of the day.

The whole bloody alp indeed. Short video here (in German), describing the situation:

http://www.stern.de/...us-2164946.html

Not very much new information here, most people don't seem to be too disappointed about the closing, but instead look forward to new film.

Eon's location scouts were looking specificly for "ultra modern architecture on top of a mountain", that's why the IceQ was chosen.

#346 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Funny report from Obertilliach: http://www.prosieben...g-in-tirol-clip

Some members of the Swiss James Bond Club play some scenes in front of the houses while the reporter asks himself "Why do they do that? No idea." ;)

Besides, they really seem to have some problems with no snow. The snow cannons are working endless, importing of snow from the forests… I heard they even had to move some scenes to another location because they will not be able to shoot it at Obertilliach.

#347 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

Funny report from Obertilliach: http://www.prosieben...g-in-tirol-clip

Some members of the Swiss James Bond Club play some scenes in front of the houses while the reporter asks himself "Why do they do that? No idea." ;)

Besides, they really seem to have some problems with no snow. The snow cannons are working endless, importing of snow from the forests… I heard they even had to move some scenes to another location because they will not be able to shoot it at Obertilliach.

Hahaha, really nice one. Gotta love the rabbit.  :D 

And I like the fact that I know two people in that video. 

Even though the whole piece has got a slightly mocking tone in general, there are some interesting bits in it. 

"Why do they do that?" - Because those reporters asked them to do it...

#348 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

A few more recent articles/photos from Austrian and German media:

http://www.kleinezei....do&selChannel=

http://www.kleinezei...e.intern.portal

71E2C2DD-7FB2-482A-85A9-1D720B236090_v0_

Video report about filming disrupting skiing in Soelden: 

http://www.kleinezei....do&selChannel=

SWR3 liveblog: http://www.swr3.de/i...uf7g/index.html

Photo of Craig heading to/from the set (from SWR3):

054b589a-ae45-479d-a351-64daead5a4cf.jpg

More photos of Craig and Bautista heading to or from the set, so presumably dressed in character:

http://www.gettyimag...rase=&sort=best

Edited by Vauxhall, 11 January 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#349 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

More photos of Craig and Bautista heading to or from the set, so presumably dressed in character:

http://www.gettyimag...rase=&sort=best

My god, he (Bautista) looks huge in those photos. 

--

The IceQ location is going to look fantastic on film and classic Bond!

#350 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:43 PM

Rumor from this report: The IceQ restaurant will be used as some kind of hospital (don't tell me it's a clinic specialized on allergies – we had that before...) and the Mittelstation (middle station) will be used as a bar.

Recommended: http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.de/

German blog written in English. Godd summaries of German/Austrian media reports, but some own research as well.

#351 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

Rumor from this report: The IceQ restaurant will be used as some kind of hospital (don't tell me it's a clinic specialized on allergies – we had that before...) and the Mittelstation (middle station) will be used as a bar.

Recommended: http://thebondbulletin.blogspot.de/

German blog written in English. Godd summaries of German/Austrian media reports, but some own research as well.

Very OHMSS... 

#352 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

Just a tiny bit of speculation: both Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes were at the Golden Globes last night.  Interesting to think that they both are on a private jet back to the set (not Austria necessarily, of course).

Waltz was having a full head of hair.  ;)

#353 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

Just a tiny bit of speculation: both Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes were at the Golden Globes last night.  Interesting to think that they both are on a private jet back to the set (not Austria necessarily, of course).

Implying something?

#354 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

I sincerely hope his character does have hair!

Also, I don't believe Fiennes or Waltz will be filming on location in Austria, so I suppose no real problem with them jetting off for the weekend.

#355 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Just pefect.

#356 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

What if the "plane crash" isn't anywhere near as big as you guys think it will be? How's this for a theory. Both Sam Mendes and Daniel Craig have expressed their love for LALD. What if the crash is nothing more than a small plane - say a snow plane - crashing into a barn? Say a henchman loses control. Rumors are this film will have lots more comic relief than the other Craig Bond films. Or better yet, Bond himself flies through a barn door - a nod to TLD and OCT. Perhaps Bond is chasing someone and they go around the barn, but Bond flies/drives through it because he's Bond and doesn't care or have the patience to go around it. Perhaps the crash is something as simple as a car smashing into one of those small snow planes - another nod to LALD - or even a plane smashing into a car.

Quite a let down from what you guys are predicting/theorizing.

EDIT: Or perhaps the snow plane has its wings sheared off either before or as it goes through the cabin a la LALD. If so, paging Mrs Bell, paging Mrs Bell.

Like many, I've read the... ahem, "rumors" about the plot. Oddly, though, I've not seen any mention of the plane crash sequence. Assuming that the plane crash rumors are correct, any predictions of how it fits into the plot?

Looking into it all, I suspect this will be something after the main credits and not the PTS. In a way, sort of like FYEO. The St. George's being established but then sank. The Hitchcock "McGuffin" if you will. An event that leads to the big picture. An accident or on purpose? Either way, a good lead in to the meat of the plot.

Fine point with that old friend. Going with my above theory, perhaps Bond is sent out to the scene to check out the crash and then some mayhem ensues which leads the story on. Remember that in the Fleming's Bond is often sent off to do some basic detective work, but then it opens the proverbial "can of worms". Something to chew on for the time being at least.

I see the possibility of a mid-film action set piece or a possible climax (a la Goldfinger). Bond (and possibly Waltz) on the plane, stuff happens causing plane to crash, Waltz character either dies or gets away (everything up to this point can be filmed with interiors at Pinewood), Bond escapes and is seen salvaging or searching for survivors after the fact. Just an idea.

That's not a bad notion either BillyBob. I can see it, but I sort of think that the plane crash might be something early on or leading into the third act as you suggested. *fingers crossed*  ;)

#357 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

Waltz stated in an interview in December that his first day of shooting will be in February or March.

So his look from the Globes hints at nothing, because he isn't working on SPECTRE for at least another month.

#358 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:48 AM

Waltz stated in an interview in December that his first day of shooting will be in February or March.

So his look from the Globes hints at nothing, because he isn't working on SPECTRE for at least another month.

Oh?  I didn´t know that.  Thanks!

#359 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

Waltz keeping his hair is still probably a safe bet, in my estimation.

#360 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Working relationships are what´s important in this business (and probably in every other business too).  You can be the greatest writer who ever walked the earth - but if you are a nuisance and/or can´t deliver what the boss wants, you´re out.

Filmmaking is teamwork.  And Purvis & Wade obviously have a fantastic relationship with EON.  So why would EON want to change that?  

They will probably have one flavor of the month-guy do a draft or a re-write - but as long as P & W want it, the job´s theirs.