64 replies to this topic

#61 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

Wasn't that rigor mortis? Not sure any more, too long ago that I had any Latin phrases handy...

#62 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

Shame it's not Roger Mooretis.

#63 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

Wasn't that rigor mortis? Not sure any more, too long ago that I had any Latin phrases handy...

Ah, you're correct - sorry, just woken up and didn't bother checking the spelling

#64 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

Not to worry, happens to me all day long...

#65 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

Amid all the chatter about the forthcoming Bond film, I'd almost forgotten there's a new Bond book out a couple of months before Spectre's release.

Must say I find the title amusing - a play on Rigor Mortis. I like the idea of the return of Pussy Galore. I've read a report about the book this morning in the online Guardian newspaper - apparently Pussy is Horowitz's favourite Bond woman and he's jumped at the chance of adding more than just "original source material" into his new book. Another Bond woman is in the book as well - named, I think, Jeopardy Lane (sounds like a sidekick of Pussy's) and an oriental megalomaniac named "Sin". And there's an American rocket test flight involved (I wonder if, as the story is set in 1957, Horowitz will try and tie in real life events such as the failure of the US Vanguard space rocket to get off the ground after Sputnik 1?). And I'm not breaking any confidences - all I've just typed is referred to in the Guardian's online report.

So we have - the return of an old favourite Bond girl, an oriental villain with a monosyllabic name and US rockets in peril. Set in 1957 - two weeks after the events of Goldfinger. The aftermath of one novel, and a nod in the direction of its immediate predecessor? We'll see in September!