7 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

No, not instead of BOND 24 - but also as a project for Sony, EON plans to bring the Edward Snowden story to the big screen.

I hope that won´t affect plans for BOND 25.  To get a Bond film only every three or four years is too disheartening for me.

http://www.denofgeek...y-to-the-screen

Edited by SecretAgentFan, 28 May 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#2 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

Edward Snowden: 5 Actors Who Could Play the NSA Leaker

http://ca.eonline.co...-the-nsa-leaker

#3 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hopefully this won't affect Bond 24, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did.  They'll probably use this as something to do while they give Mendes time off between Bond 24 and Bond 25 to do his theater projects or another film.

Regardless, I think this film is a bad idea.  It's still a developing story that could change after production is already underway.  I think EON would be smart to wait several more years and then revisit the idea when there's been some distance between the film and the events that inspired it.

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hopefully this won't affect Bond 24, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did.  They'll probably use this as something to do while they give Mendes time off between Bond 24 and Bond 25 to do his theater projects or another film.

Regardless, I think this film is a bad idea.  It's still a developing story that could change after production is already underway.  I think EON would be smart to wait several more years and then revisit the idea when there's been some distance between the film and the events that inspired it.

Good points. I admire Mr Snowden for he has done to alert the public about the abuse of power by the Man but he may end up at the bottom of the black sea with cement loafers...or in Levenworth... while they're filming...The 2012 NDAA allows the CIA to capture or kill americans anywhere without due process(isn't Hope and Change™ lovely?) Good idea but I wish they'd stick to cranking out good 007 films every 2 years at a minimum.

#5 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Agreed absolutely.  I haven´t seen "The Fifth Estate" - but that "current topic" did not work out at all at the B.O. either.  Maybe this project will become one of many EON has announced but will stay in development hell.

#6 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Has Eon ever made a non-Bond film? apart from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I can't recall any.

#7 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Only "Call Me Bwana".

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" was made by Warfield Productions.

#8 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

Maybe this project will become one of many EON has announced but will stay in development hell.

My thoughts exactly.