84 replies to this topic

#31 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

I guess it really is only a reheated rumor.

But let´s just enjoy speculation for a moment...

- Sam Mendes did complain that there was barely enough time for post-production on SKYFALL

- Maybe he wanted to have more time - or maybe certain actors he wants can only be available earlier, so...

- BOND 24 starts production not in the fall but in the summer...

- Which is why Craig dropped out of "The Whole Truth"...

- And Penelope Cruz, indeed, is cast.  Along with Ejiofor.

Also, I could imagine that the production start for BOND 24 gets moved to summer because... the release date will be pushed to summer 2015 as well?  Because, let´s face it, SKYFALL did huge numbers because it could play well into the Christmas season.  In 2015, however, the Christmas season will be owned by STAR WARS VII.  And even if one thought that there might be room for Bond as well... Christmas 2015 also is the release date of another action-adventure-blockbuster, the new installment of "Mission Impossible".

So...

#32 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Isn't Cruz busy making Pirates 5 later this year and into next year? Even if not, it still sounds more like rumour confusion...

#33 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

Isn't Cruz busy making Pirates 5 later this year and into next year? Even if not, it still sounds more like rumour confusion...

I'm pretty sure she won't be in the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - which makes me upset - she might do a cameo, but that's it.

Plus, so far the movie hasn't been greenlighted by Disney, and it won't come out before 2016. Therefore, Cruz could definitely make Bond 24.

EDIT: Found it! http://au.ibtimes.co...tm#.U0fGQPl_t8E

Penelope Cruz's character will not make a comeback in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales." 

Edited by Walecs, 11 April 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#34 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I guess it really is only a reheated rumor.

But let´s just enjoy speculation for a moment...

- Sam Mendes did complain that there was barely enough time for post-production on SKYFALL

- Maybe he wanted to have more time - or maybe certain actors he wants can only be available earlier, so...

- BOND 24 starts production not in the fall but in the summer...

- Which is why Craig dropped out of "The Whole Truth"...

- And Penelope Cruz, indeed, is cast.  Along with Ejiofor.

Also, I could imagine that the production start for BOND 24 gets moved to summer because... the release date will be pushed to summer 2015 as well?  Because, let´s face it, SKYFALL did huge numbers because it could play well into the Christmas season.  In 2015, however, the Christmas season will be owned by STAR WARS VII.  And even if one thought that there might be room for Bond as well... Christmas 2015 also is the release date of another action-adventure-blockbuster, the new installment of "Mission Impossible".

So...

Very nice theory - it would be a lovely surprise!

I'm pretty sure she won't be in the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - which makes me upset - she might do a cameo, but that's it.

Plus, so far the movie hasn't been greenlighted by Disney, and it won't come out before 2016. Therefore, Cruz could definitely make Bond 24.

EDIT: Found it! http://au.ibtimes.co...tm#.U0fGQPl_t8E

Penelope Cruz's character will not make a comeback in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales." 

Ah, sad to hear it. Thanks for the link. I wasn't very keen on her character from Pirates 4, but the post-credits sting had loads of promise. Still, those plot leaks are pretty exciting! I'm looking to it even more than I thought I would...

P.S. Cruz is the right age for Craig and a good actress. The idea of Craig's Bond going up against the Bardem family is amusing :P

Edited by RMc, 11 April 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

I don't see them moving Bond 24 up to the summer to avoid Star Wars: Episode VII.  By the time that the new Star Wars hits theaters next year, Bond 24 will have already been in US theaters for 5-6 weeks, after its big moneymaking weekends have already passed.  Skyfall was pulling in between 6.5 and 4.8 million during comparable weekends to the one that Star Wars: Episode VII would be filling up during Bond 24's life cycle at the US box office. 

I just don't see EON moving off of an early November release to avoid a confrontation with a mid-to-late December release, especially by making a move into the always crowded summer field, where there would be more than one film vying for the attention of audiences.

#36 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

time for a female henchman who would fight Bond! 

#37 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Disa Östrand looks like she would be a great femme fatale/ henchwoman. 

Disa-805x1207.jpg

d7712806b99b50e32dbac3f55ca31c1d.jpg

Edited by GalaSilva, 16 April 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#38 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Well we know the "brief" love interest will die. And as I've seen in some post, the British woman will be a MI6 agent.

#39 havok_007

havok_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

I know she's cast as wonder woman, but I wanna see Gal Gadot at some stage. I think shes got bond girl written all over her.

#40 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Exciting times coming off the success of SF and with a new writer John Logan working on the script. All the characters are in play now and it will be interesting to see how they are all managed. I don't think I need to see Bond end on a happy note in Bond 24 if Bond 25 is truly Craig's last save the 'girl in Bonds arms' happy ending for then. 

#41 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

Perhaps the British actress will be playing another MI6 field agent, who ends up shooting Bond (or some other ghastly mishap) and lo and behold, she ends up at a desk next to Moneypenny's. 

This can be a recurring theme in the Mendes/Craig series, so by the time Craig retires, M will have a baker's dozen of secretaries lined up just outside the red leather door.....

#42 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

Perhaps the British actress will be playing another MI6 field agent, who ends up shooting Bond (or some other ghastly mishap) and lo and behold, she ends up at a desk next to Moneypenny's. 

This can be a recurring theme in the Mendes/Craig series

I'm all for it so long as M or Tanner says "oh my God they killed Bond" right after it happens in each film. ;-)

#43 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

'Headhunters' star Synnove Macody Lund may be a new Bond girl, as it has emerged the Norwegian actress has met with Sam Mendes and screen-tested for the upcoming 24th James Bond movie.

https://uk.movies.ya...-070100828.html

Synn%C3%B8ve-Macody-Lund-Fite-ambassad%C

Headhunters star Synnove Macody Lund is one of eight actresses testing for the role of a Scandinavian woman in the next 007 adventure.

http://www.denofgeek...es-bond-24-role

EDIT:

I've found a few more details here...

http://www.thelocal....-next-bond-girl

...and two more actresses mentioned.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, the 34-year-old Norwegian star of the upcoming Hollywood film Hercules, auditioned for the provisionally named "Bond 24" last year, her agent Anne Lindberg told The Local.

1761157736_Ingrid_Bols_Berdal_Latest_Pic

According to Lindberg, another of her clients, Danish actress Birgitte Hjort Sørensen, has also auditioned for the role. Sørensen is best known internationally for her role as a feisty TV journalist in Borgen, the hit Danish political drama.

birgitte_hjort_sorensen_0.jpg?itok=oMJ_k

According to Lindberg, the film's producers have over the past year auditioned almost every suitable actress in Denmark, Sweden and Norway without yet giving any indications of who will get the role. 

"In Denmark, there was a lot of castings last year and this year for the Bond girl but nobody knows anything yet," she said. "I don’t think anyone knows yet what the outcome is."

But I'd say, with Synnove Macody Lund being amongst 8 actresses meeting Sam Mendes at Pinewood, she stands the best chance out of the actresses that we know about so far. 

#44 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Very interesting.  So Bond is heading to Skandinavian countries?  Hey, then he must be on skis this time, too!

#45 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

This can be a recurring theme in the Mendes/Craig series

I'm all for it so long as M or Tanner says "oh my God they killed Bond" right after it happens in each film. ;-)

YOU BASTARDS!

(especially if Bond wears an orange parka and mumbles his lines)

Very interesting.  So Bond is heading to Skandinavian countries?  Hey, then he must be on skis this time, too!

No surprise there. As you film industry types already know when production companies shoot a movie in a foreign location they want to take advantage of that country's tax credit system. But to do that they gotta hire a certain number of people from that country's film industry.

Besides, it'll be 13 years since Bond's been to a snowy location. Remember when from the late 1970's onwards when it was every other film? By the Brosnan era it was every single film having a snowy location.

#46 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

I think the choice of choosing some unknown actress is the right way to go

#47 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Now The Telegraph has another take on this with it own quotes but from the same agent. 

Danish actress Birgitte Hjort Sorensen has auditioned to play a complex Scandinavian beauty in the next James Bond film, her agent Anne Lindberg has told the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph...-Bond-girl.html

Isn't it interesting that all this goes public on the same day from so many different news outlets? It's almost as if it were organised to be so...

#48 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

That's the hope.

I like the look of Synnove Macody Lund. I hope her audition goes well. 

#49 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

I took a bit of a shine to Synnove Macody Lund when I watched HEADHUNTERS - so no complaints from me at all. Really good film, and I say that as a big Jo Nesbo fan.

Also worth pointing out that the director Morten Tyldum said last year that he'd had talks with EON about BOND 24 before they snared Mendes.

#50 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

That would be great! I think it would be a really unique twist for the Bond franchise!

I think the choice of choosing some unknown actress is the right way to go

I also agree with this. It's great to give an unknown actress a chance in a well known franchise. Plus this is a great stepping stone into american film making as well. I think that people who are well known aren't as fun. 

#51 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

http://www.fashionti...idered-next.htm

Blake Lively, Kate Upton and Amber Heard Being Considered to be Next 'Bond' Girl

#52 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

There's so much wrong with that article.  I think it's safe to say that the title of Bond 24 is not "Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007".  Also, the picture of the woman they claim to be Kate Upton is not Kate Upton.  Also, I wasn't aware that Izabella Scorupco's name was actually Natalya Simonova.

#53 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

There's so much wrong with that article.  I think it's safe to say that the title of Bond 24 is not "Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007".  Also, the picture of the woman they claim to be Kate Upton is not Kate Upton.  Also, I wasn't aware that Izabella Scorupco's name was actually Natalya Simonova.

Absolutely.  This is just hot air, a cheap trick to get clicks to a website.  And all the candidates mentioned would never be on a casting list approved by Mendes.

#54 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Absolutely.  This is just hot air, a cheap trick to get clicks to a website.  And all the candidates mentioned would never be on a casting list approved by Mendes.

That aspect of it probably goes without saying. :D

The article even talks about the character being Scandinavian, yet then tries to push two decidedly American actresses and one American model for the part.  At least the model in the picture that they falsely identify as Kate Upton is from Denmark, which is close to Sweden.  But that's about as close as they get to being somewhat accurate.

#55 LKane

LKane

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Out of curiosity, if the Bond Girls are supposed to be British and Scandinavian, then why is Penelope Cruz being bandied about as a potential fill? If she can play either a Brit or Scandi without eliciting gales of laughter, I will be shocked.... Has EON lost their collective minds?

#56 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Out of curiosity, if the Bond Girls are supposed to be British and Scandinavian, then why is Penelope Cruz being bandied about as a potential fill? If she can play either a Brit or Scandi without eliciting gales of laughter, I will be shocked.... Has EON lost their collective minds?

The Penelope Cruz rumour is almost certainly just that - an unsubstantiated rumour.

We're almost certainly looking at British and Scandinavian actresses actually featuring in the film.

#57 LKane

LKane

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Thank goodness. I have always found Cruz to highly overrated, and I never want to see her as a Bond Girl - even a Spanish one....
Thank goodness. I have always found Cruz to highly overrated, and I never want to see her as a Bond Girl - even a Spanish one....

#58 LKane

LKane

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

I don't dislike Cruz enough to repeat my comments twice. I just hit the back and forward buttons one too many times... Sorry.

But, yes, keep Cruz away from the Bond Franchise and any other A List Hollywood actress. Bond girls should have mystery. Cruz is about as mysterious as week-old paella...

#59 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

That aspect of it probably goes without saying. :D

The article even talks about the character being Scandinavian, yet then tries to push two decidedly American actresses and one American model for the part.  At least the model in the picture that they falsely identify as Kate Upton is from Denmark, which is close to Sweden.  But that's about as close as they get to being somewhat accurate.

Speak of the devil - now German yellow press giant "Bild" picks up the story and claims that Barbara Broccoli considers Amber Heard and Blake Lively, with Heard having the edge because she is engaged to Johnny Depp.  Pathetic.

http://www.bild.de/u...09680.bild.html

Also, "Bild" puts up an article about Helen Flanagan as the new Bond girl.  http://www.bild.de/u...57932.bild.html

It´s that time of the year again, obviously...

#60 LKane

LKane

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

If it's true , which I very very very much doubt, then EON is trying to chase the Twitter Instagram Playstation crowd again.

Didn't EON learn from casting Denise Richards as Christmas Jones? But I doubt there's any truth to this. Blake Lively and Amber Heard are not bad actresses, but they are not suited for Scandinavian roles. Just as Richards was actually not bad as Dr. Jones - but was simply far too young....

Personally I think that chick from HEADHUNTERS looks the best fit: cool and classy...