#1 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi Everybody,

A facebook page called 'The Unofficial James Bond Fan Club' published the following fact a few hours ago :

Bond Rumor: James Bond will return to the video game world in October 2015 with a new game. The publisher is currently unknown but it is rumored to be based off of Bond 24. Current publishers rumored are Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Sony of America.

I found nowhere an article about this. Who knows ?

#2 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

October 2015: it likely is a Bond 24 tie-in, but I doubt they have already started developing it. Bond 24 is coming out in two years, so they better start the development right now in order to have a good game.

#3 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yeah probably another tie-in game. I am not surprised.. I wish they would come up with something decent.

#4 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

If it's 007 Legends 2 I will punch the nearest nun. 

#5 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

If UbiSoft is in the running for it, then we have a chance of it being an awesome game.

#6 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ubisoft would do amazing things with this game!

#7 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ubisoft would do amazing things with this game!

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. We can't forget the last 3 Assassin's Creed games.

#8 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

If it's 007 Legends 2 I will punch the nearest nun. 

As of 007 Legends, I'm no longer going to buy a Bond game just because it's a Bond game. I'll hope for the best, but they'll have to do a lot better next time.

#9 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Ubisoft also did Far Cry... which was an excellent game by the way.

#10 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

Ubisoft would make a awesome Bond game imo. Hopefully they'll be the publisher.

#11 James Teen

James Teen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

Ubisoft would be Ok to publish 

Stuipd TallTele games said they want to do James Bond but I don't want a click game I liked BTTF but I hate it now thare obsessed with it

#12 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

Stuipd TallTele games said they want to do James Bond but I don't want a click game I liked BTTF but I hate it now thare obsessed with it

I think (and wish) TellTale should rather focus on a new Monkey Island game.

#13 SilverDragon

SilverDragon

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

I really hope it's Ubisoft!

#14 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

If their last few Assassin Creed games have taught us anything, the game would be lacking on story and we'd be stuck doing nothing but frustating and boring tailing missions. PASS.

I would be intrigued to see what Telltale could do. I think they would come down heavy on the story, which would be great. I'm very excited for their Game of Thrones game.

#15 Bond of Steele

Bond of Steele

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

I'd like to see Lego James Bond!!!  

#16 James Teen

James Teen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed games are overrated and Suck

Good point

But remember thare king Kong movie game that was Breathtaking

Thare Splinter Cell Games even Blacklist was amazing

Yeah I go with Taletele if they make it a 3rd person shooter

And relasse it on all Even wii U

LEGO JAMES BOND Nice but we don't even have a Toy line like it but that a Idea but lego Based games kinda Suck

Still Blah Tale tall

I go with EA Ubisoft

#17 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Me too. So far the Lego videogames have been really entertaining (I loved the Star Wars and the Indiana Jones ones, and I'm surely looking forward to playing the upcoming Lego Jurassic Park game), and if the Lego games developers pay full respect to the source material.

It could be something like this: http://lego-fanon.wi...LEGO_James_Bond, or they might one single game which includes one movie per actor (like they did with 007 Legends). Really, it could work.

Unfortunately, as James Teen said, LEGO don't have the James Bond license (to kill) yet, thus until that happens, a Bond game is unlikely. But never say never (again).

Rare did an amazing job with GoldenEye and an even better job with Perfect Dark; giving the JB license to them would result in a marvelous game and would also help Rare to get some money. But I think they would refuse, as they rather stick with their own franchises (hence their refusal to do Tomorrow Never Dies) and I would also rather see them stick with the Perfect Dark franchise.

Edited by Walecs, 12 November 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#18 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Rare did an amazing job with GoldenEye and an even better job with Perfect Dark; giving the JB license to them would result in a marvelous game and would also help Rare to get some money. But I think they would refuse, as they rather stick with their own franchises (hence their refusal to do Tomorrow Never Dies) and I would also rather see them stick with the Perfect Dark franchise.

If it were the Rare of 14 years ago, I would 100% agree with you. However, today's Rare is a pathetic shell of what it once was. If Rare were to get the Bond license back, all we would get is some awful Kinect Adventures James Bond piece of crap.

#19 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

If it were the Rare of 14 years ago, I would 100% agree with you. However, today's Rare is a pathetic shell of what it once was. If Rare were to get the Bond license back, all we would get is some awful Kinect Adventures James Bond piece of crap.

Rare have ditched Kinect competely after Kinect Sports Rivals' flop, and Phil Spencer is pushing them to make new iconic games like they used to be.

Edited by Walecs, 13 November 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#20 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

I'd personally like to see a Bond themed strategy game: pick a side (MI6 or SPECTRE), send your personnel out on jobs/missions, collect intel to thwart the other side, etc. That would be kind of cool.

#21 James Teen

James Teen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'd personally like to see a Bond themed strategy game: pick a side (MI6 or SPECTRE), send your personnel out on jobs/missions, collect intel to thwart the other side, etc. That would be kind of cool.

That's A pretty good idea for a PC like game or mobile

But i want 3rd 1St person Action

#22 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

I wouldn't want Rare working on Bond again.  Most, if not all, of the team behind GoldenEye 007 moved on to other companies (a lot of them were involved in the creation of the TimeSplitters franchise, if I remember correctly). 

Sadly, the Bond gaming franchise will never reach the heights of GoldenEye 007 ever again.  No developer is going to treat the property as a flagship property, but will rather look to cash in on the latest movie every 3-4 years.  For that reason, I'd just prefer that they stop making the games instead of running the franchise even further into the ground. 

#23 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

Yea, that's right tdalton. I think Timesplitters was originally seen as a spiritual successor to both Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark. I agree that Activision never treated the Bond franchise the way it should have. I think it became a casualty of the Call of Duty fad. Goldeneye Reloaded and 007 Legends (especially the latter), were never anything more than poor CoD rip-offs. I seem to remember EA handling the Bond franchise well (after initially screwing it up horribly). Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing were all great entries in the Bond franchise. With the right developer and publisher, I think we could get a quality Bond game. I'd like to see Rocksteady take a shot at it following their completion of the Batman: Arkham series.

#24 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

I seem to remember EA handling the Bond franchise well (after initially screwing it up horribly). Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing were all great entries in the Bond franchise.

You must remember incorrectly because 'Agent Under Fire' and 'Nightfire' were the first two Bond games released by EA.

I know a lot of people gave EA crap at the time those games were being released and said they were doing a terrible job with the license, but Activision's efforts seemed to make a LOT of people change their tunes!

#25 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

EA released Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is not Enough and 007 Racing before AUF, and only one of those was any good in my eyes (hint, it's the middle one!)

#26 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

I seem to remember EA handling the Bond franchise well (after initially screwing it up horribly). Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and Everything or Nothing were all great entries in the Bond franchise.

You must remember incorrectly because 'Agent Under Fire' and 'Nightfire' were the first two Bond games released by EA.

I know a lot of people gave EA crap at the time those games were being released and said they were doing a terrible job with the license, but Activision's efforts seemed to make a LOT of people change their tunes!

Are we not counting Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and 007 Racing?

#27 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

I think the TWINE game was decent.

Edited by Walecs, 20 November 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#28 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

I enjoyed it too. It wasn't GoldenEye, but I thought it was fun enough.

#29 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Are we not counting Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and 007 Racing?

Oh, God... you're right! I totally forgot that EA released Bond games for the PS1 and N64.

Since I don't actually have either of those systems I just blanked out their existence... even though I have TND and 007 Racing *somewhere* in my collection of Bond paraphernalia.

My apologies for being an utter moron!

#30 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:48 AM

My apologies for being an utter moron!

No apologies necessary. I wish I could forget those games....Though 007 Racing is still leaps and bounds better than 007 Legends. God I hate that game. Have I mentioned that before? I feel like I have once or twice....a thousand times.