134 replies to this topic

#121 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Nothing about it suggests the next film won't be a Goldfinger or Spy Who Loved Me.

#122 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

He means that Bond 24 will have the same feeling, it'll have the same good things as Skyfall, but the plot will be something completely different.

Hopefully this time the plot will at least stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny and not rely almost entirely on coincidence.  I'm willing to give Logan the benefit of the doubt on this, since he was working off of someone else's script for Skyfall, but this time around the plot needs to be much, much tighter.

#123 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

This.

http://www.totalfilm...uild-on-skyfall

#124 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I guess his past has been done. 

And, quite frankly, Bond never had that many layers, and thankfully so. 

A straight mission next time, please. Of course, Bond has to find a new way of dealing with the new M. But apart from that, what could be explored what hasn´t already been? 

- Bond doubting his superiors? Done.

- Bond weary of falling in love? Done.

- Bond getting revenge? Done.

- Bond feeling like a shadow of the villain? Done.

- Bond feeling disillusioned? Done.

- Bond enjoying his job, women and fooling the villain? Not done in a while...

Hear, HEAR! Quite agree. Here's hoping that Bond was in earnest when he said "with pleasure, M" at the end of the last one. Time for a bit of fun! Ooh! I just found a Bond Soundtrack channel on Pandora! Yay!

#125 DavidJones

DavidJones

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I have an idea for for a sub-plot in Bond 24, which could be worth while: Bond meets a single mum, in her late thirties, and she ends up part of the mission. Perhaps he has to protect her from something. She wants him to be her boyfriend and join her family, giving him what he's never had, what he's always shied away from. At the end of the film, he parks a few yards down her street and wonders whether he should get out and knock on her door and start a new life with her. But he instead drives off, back to his life. Fade out.

#126 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Um... I would dislike that very much, I´m afraid.  Bond should remain Bond.  Unattached.  With no interest in an ordinary life.  Vesper was his first love - bad turnout.  Tracy was his big love - bad turnout.  Kissy... bad turnout.  Let´s face it, he just has more luck with playing cards.

#127 DavidJones

DavidJones

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Um... I would dislike that very much, I´m afraid.  Bond should remain Bond.  Unattached.  With no interest in an ordinary life.  Vesper was his first love - bad turnout.  Tracy was his big love - bad turnout.  Kissy... bad turnout.  Let´s face it, he just has more luck with playing cards.

That's what I'm saying - Bond does remain Bond. He decides, at the end, that that wouldn't be the life for him and decides against making that particular life-choice. I think it's a damn fine idea, personally, as it's poignant. It shows that Bond can think of what might have been, especially now he's older.

#128 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

That's what I'm saying - Bond does remain Bond. He decides, at the end, that that wouldn't be the life for him and decides against making that particular life-choice. I think it's a damn fine idea, personally, as it's poignant. It shows that Bond can think of what might have been, especially now he's older.

It's a nice idea, but I also don't think it suits Bond particularly well. Besides, it's basically the plot of Shane and several other fillms, which might be too blatant even for EON to mimic...

Edited by RMc, 27 April 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#129 DavidJones

DavidJones

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

I've mostly read the Gardner/Benson books, plus GF and CR by Fleming, but I read that Fleming's Bond feels bad with every kill he makes and tries to drink away the guilt. Would that be correct? Because I didn't get that vibe completely.

#130 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

I like that idea for a couple of reasons: there are a number of situations in the Fleming novels where Bond thinks about chucking the lifestyle and settling down (Tiffany, Gala, Tracy) and I wouldn't mind seeing another iteration of that depicted in the next film. Also, it's great fun when a "civilian" is introduced to the crazy world of the hero - it gives the audience member the opportunity to imagine themselves in that situation - like Marie in the "Bourne" movies or Lily in Star Trek 8.

#131 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Wasn't this what was said about SF? Peel back layers? Whats left and who cares?

#132 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

So Bond has layers, like onions. Conclusion: James Bond is an ogre.

#133 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

If you peel back enough - will one find the laid-back secret agent again who just enjoys his job?

#134 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

I want to see Bond as a spy doing spy work , a good old-fashioned action/adventure movie without psychotherapy crap.

#135 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:27 PM

I for one don't want to see them going back to the type of films where Bond is basically a static comic book character that is there simply to be a catalyst for the events of the film.  Bond should be given some form of a character arc in each film, which doesn't mean that it always has to be something of the "this time it's personal" variety.