This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Build Bond 24 (2) - Multiple Choice

Locations

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Locations for Bond 24

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

If using somewhere from a previous Craig Bond film (even if it's the region/country and not the specific place), it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If using somewhere from another Bond film not broadly covered by the above, it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If considering somewhere new, then

The locations should be (no multiple choice)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

OK - the first of these dealt with Bond, Girl and Villain - moving onto Locations now

I appreciate the Multiple Choice format does mean that absurd and meaningless contradictory piffle can be constructed: an insight into the "writing" process of Die Another Day, everyone.

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

My picks for something new: New Zealand, Antarctica and the Himalayas. Let Bond discover something in that region, prevent some scheme that's crucial to the region. Then let Bond chase the villain to his hideout, a giant hollowed-out peak in the Himalayas.

#3 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Lovely.

Another poll needed for length, frequency, content of action scenes? Choice of musical score (frequency of the Bond theme), cinematographer, editing style? The use of narrative clichés of Bond (i.e. Moneypenny banter, Q scene, final battle sequence etc.)?

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Went with London, but only for the SIS sequences (to be kept very, very short), Japan, and Australia.  I'd like to see some snowy locations as well, but I'm not exactly sure where they would fit in.  I would like to see a scene where the villain conducts a "Most Dangerous Game" type scenario against Bond in the Australian Outback.

Also, as for the final poll question, the locations should be critical to the plot.  One thing that bugged me a bit about Skyfall was that the locations seem so interchangeable.  All of the events of the film, prior to Bond's arrival back in London upon capturing Silva, could have literally happened anywhere.  They finally go to a great and exotic place like Shanghai and they don't do hardly anything with it.

#5 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I would really like to see some locations that Bond has never been to or at least hasn't been to in a long time. Japan comes to mind, but I think it could be too much like Shanghai and Macao. The Himalayas would be nice, the setting from High Time to Kill was one of the few highlights of Benson's novels. Australia is a must at some point as is New Zealand. I like tdalton's idea for a "Most Dangerous Game" scenario in the outback. Canada would be nice. I also would like to see Bond make a trip to the Hawaiian Islands at some point. But I do feel that the locales need to be important for the plot and not just chosen at random. tdalton made the point that some of Skyfall's locales really were interchangeable, especially evidenced by the PTS originally being set in India before they backed out and went for Istanbul.

#6 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

I would love to see London again maybe Bond meet with someone in a bookstore to exchange something, very spy like a drop dead thing.......

Whistle, BC would be nice to see Bond ski on vacation and get recalled to London with no relation to the plot directly 

Africa, especially Northern Africa where there is a crisis right now and might be interesting for Bond to go to a country in a war zone, like Chad or Mali? 

South Africa should be used since they almost used it for SF? 

The Arctic would be a interesting location for a hidden base and could be a interesting chase scene 

#7 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

I would love to see London again maybe Bond meet with someone in a bookstore to exchange something, very spy like a drop dead thing.......

I'm sure you mean 'dead drop' and not 'drop dead', right? ;)

#8 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

London - confined to SIS scenes alone, and these are brief

Another part of / city in the UK that's not metropolitan London

Outer Space

Canada 

Indonesia

Significant to the plot

Interesting, France, Italy and New Zealand are doing pretty well in the polls.

#9 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Glad to see a lot of votes for Australian & New Zealand, so as a born and bred Aussie I need to ask, can we PLEASE stop going to the outback in EVERY film that gets made here.

Australia has a lot more to offer than just desert locations. We have snow, we have rain forests, Brisbane, Adelaide ... gotta be more creative. Even a villain living on an island in the Great Barrier Reef would be better than Bond doing a Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

#10 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Other than London, I want to see new locations.  Australia comes to mind, especially Sydney.  While not a place of international intrigue, maybe the villain could love there.  I'm a bit disappointed when they revisit locations (Skyfall-Istanbul, CR-Venice, TWINE-Istanbul, TND-Thailand.)  A city like Dubai just seems made for a Bond movie.

Edited by Professor Pi, 17 March 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#11 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

London - confined to SIS scenes alone, albeit lengthy-

Greece - - I want some of those amazing beaches in the summer;

Andorra and Australia - I also want to see some snow.

Significant to the plot - of course;

:D 

I want to see Bond skiing. 

#12 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Bond skiing seems like at the top of the list for many fans. I'm all for it as well.