40 replies to this topic

#31 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

So after viewing TASM for a second time, my thoughts are pretty much unchanged.

Pros:

-Great Cast

-Acting is fantastic

-Great directing

-Good special effects

Cons:

-Too similar to 2002 film

-Score is terrible

-Weak Villain (although Rhys Ifans does a good job with what he has)

-Middle of the film is sluggish

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good film. Certainly better than any DC movie (exempting Batman Begins). I just think it falls short of greatness. And as such my list is still unchanged: Spiderman, Spiderman 2, Amazing Spiderman and followed way down the line by Spiderman 3.

Well I give you kudos just for watching the movie again. I really want to rewatch the whole Raimi trilogy again because it's been awhile since I have seen that trilogy.

Though I guess we will have to agree to disagree! :)

I can't wait for the sequel to the Amazing Spiderman.

A little off topic, I got this really cute Amazing Spiderman graphic shirt and I love it! I will wear it when I go see the sequel in theaters :)

#32 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Yea, I let go of all my preconceptions and just unbiasedly judge the film as I watched it and I just came to pretty much the same conclusion as when I saw it in July. It's good and the cast is fantastic, but it just isn't great. At least in my opinion anyway.

#33 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

and that's fine everyone has the right to their own opinion. and just because I am saying TASM is better doesn't mean that I think the Raimi trilogy sucks because that's not what I am saying.

#34 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

and that's fine everyone has the right to their own opinion. and just because I am saying TASM is better doesn't mean that I think the Raimi trilogy sucks because that's not what I am saying.

I never said you did. Like you said, we all have our opinions and this just happens to be mine. On top of that, I'm like one of the four people in the world that likes Spiderman 1 more than Spiderman 2.

#35 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hmmm.. I should rewatch them and let you know. I really need to rewatch this trilogy, I think I might take it up to college with me.

#36 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Concerning the score of TASM - I loved James HornerĀ“s approach while I never thought Danny Elfman found an original approach to his Spiderman-scores.

#37 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm on the other side of the fence. I loved the original Spider-Man movies but ever since the ASM i have no desire to watch them again. Even before ASM came out they all seemed dated to me. Oh and Spider-Man has a - inbetween his name.

#38 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Concerning the score of TASM - I loved James HornerĀ“s approach while I never thought Danny Elfman found an original approach to his Spiderman-scores.

I love James Horner but he's rather famous for rarely finding an original approach for anything! :D

I found the Elfman scores much more rousing. Everyone says his theme wasn't memorable; I know where they're coming from but I disagree quite a bit, I really like his Spider Man theme. And the 'responsibility' motif really worked very well.

i loved the twangy guitar of 'Costume Montage'- it might have been nice to have more of that, but nevertheless Elfman's Spidey theme is shown off really well in that track. I liked Horner's Spidey theme, and whilst it was more immediately hummable I can't remember it at all.

#39 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

I just thought there was nothing that really wowed me about TASM score. Besides, it's missing the best piece of music from the Raimi trilogy. The main theme:

#40 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

New shot from TASM2. Is the black suit returning?

http://www.ign.com/a...ased-on-twitter

#41 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hmm I really hope the black suit doesn't come back. I think it's because I didn't feel like it was done well in Spiderman 3 so I really hope that it doesn't come back or if it does, it's done well.