5 replies to this topic

#1 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 03:31 AM

What's with this? Is there something wrong with the game at the last minute that's causing trouble? We've got no new screenshots or videos or mission updates for it on the official site yet there's a continuously growing load of them for the console versions...

Is this annoying anyone else? I love consoles too, but I started as a PC gamer and hate to see PC games getting less and less attention by most publishers which seems to be the current trend.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 05:31 AM

I agree with you 100%, but I probably know less why EA ignores the PC version of the game. Perhaps the console versions make more money, and therefore it's important to inform people of them sooner?

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 10:05 AM

I find it very annoying :) Is the PC release of NF going to slip like so many other PC titles this year?

Splinter Cell has slipped because Ubisoft want to get the damn X-Box version out first - then finish the PC one :) I was looking forward to that soooooo much. Now I have to wait until next year! Ages away!

#4 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 11:58 AM

I agree too, they got 11 missions for the consoles and only 3 for PC but for the PC, that's how it's been since the site fired up.

#5 Jackzero

Jackzero

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 07:26 PM

I received an update on release...PC is apperantly going to be released on 11/22(Same as DAD)...I have a serious feeling PC may slip...also, according to gearbox in an interview, The demo was shoved out(blame EA/MGM for this) using a beta version of the game. (hence all the problems with clipping and studdering) and not to expect this with the final version(we can only hope)

#6 0010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 08:46 PM

I hope you're right Jackzero. I tried to play the demo the other day and it was so choppy. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get the game because of my computer but since it was just the beta I guess I can.