This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Barbara Broccoli's and Sony's James Bond.

63 replies to this topic

#61 DogWalker

DogWalker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Sound's real good to me too...

#62 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I haven't seen SF yet but one fan base has FRWL, OHMSS, CR (and SF?) and the other base has everything else. Those who want a return to the cinematic Super-Bond should be a bit patient.

I don't necessarily want a "Super-Bond". I just a Bond who enjoys what he does, who's the best at what he does, and who does it with style.
Eversince DAD we've seen a Bond who makes his superiors doubt him and/or not trust him. I think it's time now to end this trend and get our Bond back.

I got the feeling that Bond enjoyed himself very much in SKYFALL. Not everything, of course, but neither did the other Bonds all the time.

But from the moment he is sent to Shanghai Bond clearly likes his mission, doing everything with style.

It´s not like he´s sulking and contemplating his life all the time.

Edited by SecretAgentFan, 30 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#63 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

I just a Bond who enjoys what he does, who's the best at what he does, and who does it with style.

I saw that Bond in spades in CR and QoS and going by reviews and word-of-mouth I expect to see it in SF.

#64 Elvenstar

Elvenstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

And yet other people are complaining because Skyfall is too much like other Bond films and thus ruins the whole impact of the rebooted Bond.

descided even to log in after several years off the forum to join :)
this exactly the discussion we've been having @ our local DC forum in the Skyfall thread rn/ Most of my frinds there are not pre-Craig Bond fans & there were a couple of really disappointed ppl who've seen SF crying that the damaged Bond will leave us & the Brosnan esque one will return.

I'm kinda in the middle.
I liked pre-CR Bond as mindless entertainment but I wasnt invested & it didnt make me want to watch the whole series, or follow the franchise after say TWINE or DAD. With CR I became a fangirl & watched all the films (read only CR book though, but Ill improve! :P ) To me SF is almost the perfect balance between the old & new Bond. It has personal moments along with fantastical.
I can understand that some people want a suave superman but lots of fans that were gained with CR will surely be disappointed :S we love Bond with flaws :'(