This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What did you know about SKYFALL before you saw it?

11 replies to this topic

#1 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Near where Bond's Bentley was destroyed in GOLDFINGER

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I personally avoided reading every single write up or article about it, in the newspapers, on t.v, and even did not log on here, as i wanted to know nothing about it, so it would all be a surprise when i saw it at the cinema, i just wondered if anyone else had done anything like this to avoid the spoilers?

Edited by SILVERTOE, 27 October 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#2 Glockenspiel

Glockenspiel

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

I personally avoided reading every single write up or article about it, in the newspapers, on t.v, and even did not log on here, as i wanted to know nothing about it, so it would all be a surprise when i saw it at the cinema, i just wondered if anyone else had done anything like this to avoid the spoilers?

I knew too much... My fault.
I tried to avoid spoilers, but I didn't escape from all of them.
And unfortunately, the (major) spoilers I was aware to were true...

#3 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Did you watch the trailers ?

#4 Glockenspiel

Glockenspiel

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Actually the trailers were well made because they contain a great amount of scenes which were finally cut from the movie...
Like wrong clues...
But major spoilers were, at the same time, revealed by medias.

#5 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

To be honest, I never saw a trailer, the only thing connected with the movie that i saw was the Heineken advert on the train, so i assumed that some of the film was set there!

#6 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

To be honest, I never saw a trailer, the only thing connected with the movie that i saw was the Heineken advert on the train, so i assumed that some of the film was set there!

So how did you like SkyFall ?

#7 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

So how did you like SkyFall ?

I loved it, i thought it was more like watching a John gardener novel then a film, if that makes sense? I mean te scenes at SKYFALL, with the setting of the booby traps and so on was more like a book james bond, I loved it!

Edited by SILVERTOE, 27 October 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#8 WasteOfScotch

WasteOfScotch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I went out my way to be pretty much blackout on it. I'd seen the tv ads and I knew who was playing the villain.
Super minor spoiler: (locations and hint at general plot)
Spoiler

but that was it.

I really enjoyed it, I'm very pleased with the film.
I still prefer CR for Craig, but I'm really interested in the places they are taking his 007 and am already impatient to see what comes next. Craig is starting to look like he's actually enjoying himself in the role which I personally think fits him like a glove.
From a tech standpoint, I think its incredibly well shot and lit and Mendes directs the action brilliantly without resorting *too* much on that tedious modern "Quick cut shaky cam" Bourne style too much.

Edited by WasteOfScotch, 27 October 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#9 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I thought I didn't know much about the film, but was surprised at how much I actually did - despite staying out of the spoilers forum! I still thought it was awesome and up there with the best of the series.

#10 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

I knew pretty much everything, but it still worked extremely well for me. Spoilers tend to enhance my viewing experience, even if I know the twists and turns of the plot.

#11 Tony_OO_Black

Tony_OO_Black

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I saw the trailers and kind of pieced together in my head the story structure, and I was pretty much spot on. I guessed all the surprises toward the end too, or inferred them.

Still didn't affect my enjoyment one bit. However the trailers showed a bit too much in retrospect, I reckon.

#12 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I knew everything about the spoilers, except the nature of a physical detail regarding the Villain. I have no regrets at all, quite the contrary, for two reasons:
1) it's fun to discuss spoilerific details on the boards
2) my opinion is that knowing some spoilers beforehand may help enjoying the film, if you have had time to let the new sink in