3 replies to this topic

#1 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

I noticed that The Avengers is out of print here in the US.
Are there any plans to reissue the series on DVD or blu ray?

I have the Emma Peel set from A&E. I know Optimum reissued The Avengers in Region 2 UK. They also remastered the entire series as well and included extras in their sets.

It has been frustrating that a US company has not acquired the rights for a DVD or blu ray release of the remastered series.

Thanks.

#2 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

I personally hope someone will release it in the US. My brother has the Series 4 and 5 of the Optimum versions plus he has a Region 2 DVD drive and the remasters do look pretty outstanding. It's a shame the rumored Blu-ray release in the UK never came to be. I hope somehow A&E can get the rights to release the Optimum transfers. For some reason I really doubt this will happen, which is a shame.

#3 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

I would love to have a Blu-ray version of 'The Avengers' especially after enjoying the outstanding quality of 'The Prisoner' Blu-ray set.

Also, I know I'm pretty much alone on this, I would love to see the movie on Blu-ray sometime soon, too!

#4 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

I personally hope someone will release it in the US. My brother has the Series 4 and 5 of the Optimum versions plus he has a Region 2 DVD drive and the remasters do look pretty outstanding. It's a shame the rumored Blu-ray release in the UK never came to be. I hope somehow A&E can get the rights to release the Optimum transfers. For some reason I really doubt this will happen, which is a shame.

I have a multi region DVD player, but was really holding out for a blu ray release of The Avengers. I would love to see the Optimum DVD reissues. The screen cap comparisons that I have seen are amazing.

I would love to have a Blu-ray version of 'The Avengers' especially after enjoying the outstanding quality of 'The Prisoner' Blu-ray set.

Also, I know I'm pretty much alone on this, I would love to see the movie on Blu-ray sometime soon, too!

Agreed I would love blu ray releases of The Avengers and also the 1998 Avengers movie on blu ray. Hopefully for the 1998 film they also give the full cut of the film rather then the edited version that was released in theaters and home video.