This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

If Looks Could Kill......(This Movie might do us ALL in!)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ok Now that you've all spit your Martinis out through your noses at this insanity let me tell you...I actually liked this movie (ducks scores of cabbages tomatoes ...bullets rockets etc.)

Obviously this movie is little more than a "I was a Teenage Secret Agent" The upside is The movie knows what it is and not only does it not take itself too seriously, It enjoys itself every step of the way
Richard Greico, fresh off his run on 21 Jumpstreet (or mid-way through I can't recall) was the logical choice to play the slacker high school student who gets thrown (through THE most ridiculous case of mistaken identity in history) into a major joint intelligence operation.

I think this was Gabrielle Anwar's first Film and she's one of the bright spots to the whole feature.

I just ordered the DVD from Amazon and am looking forward to it's arrival

Edited by Golddragon71, 24 May 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#2 Brisco

Brisco

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

I loved this movie when it first came out. Of course, I was exactly the right age for it then... but it remains a somewhat guilty pleasure, and I was thrilled when it got officially released on Warner Archive! It's got some really great spy parody in it, a Lotus Esprit Turbo and a villain named Steranko! What's not to like there? I'll admit Richard Greico isn't the most believable teenager, but he got the job done. Anwar was great, and so was the hot evil girl. Yeah, this one's a favorite of mine, too, and light years better than the Cody Banks stuff the next generation of kids had to endure. Another fun 80s teen spy movie is Never Too Young to Die with George Lazenby, though I do prefer If Looks Could Kill.

#3 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Loved that movie as a kid, still makes me smile. "These shoes...walk down walls."

#4 luigi007

luigi007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I've always found the red car introduction scene very funny

#5 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

So i'm watching it today for the first time in I don't recall how many years and there's a scene where Corben is talking on the phone with the British Agent and throughout the whole exchange Grieco looks like Bruce Willis (I'm talking Clone level likeness)

#6 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

The opening minutes of this film are classic Bond derived, the villain's snowy lair being infiltrated by British secret agent Blade (played by Roger Daltrey), the snowmen that have camera's and if I recall correctly guns hidden in their heads, Roger Rees' sneering, but just shy of scenery chewing villain Steranko, and Linda Hunt's pint sized henchwoman assassin, Ilsa Grunt. You gotta love that.