15 replies to this topic

#1 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

I haven't been able to use the MultiQuote button for some time now and whenever I quote someone, the quote comes up twice.
Is anyone else having these issues?
Does it matter what theme I'm using? I've been using the newest theme because I find it easier to notice what I've read and not read.

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

I can't Quote directly using Safari on my mobile device. I have to use the Multi Quote function.

#3 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm using my computer and it can be frustrating always having to delete the doubled up quote.

So the MultiQuote works for mobiles but not your PC?

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Everything appears to work fine on my computer, but it's on my mobile that I have problems.

#5 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

It's possible the issues result from behind-the-scenes work that's going on. As for using the forums with a mobile: my experience is the mobile version generally works better with safari, but on some sites I noted the mobile version doesn't support all features. Though I haven't had any problems with CBn for some time now.

Everything appears to work fine on my computer, but it's on my mobile that I have problems.

Do you use the full or the mobile version, Vauxhall?

#6 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Well this is what a quote of mine looks like. And I've tried both themes.

I've seen other posts like mine with the doubled up quotes.

It's possible the issues result from behind-the-scenes work that's going on. As for using the forums with a mobile: my experience is the mobile version generally works better with safari, but on some sites I noted the mobile version doesn't support all features. Though I haven't had any problems with CBn for some time now.

I hope if it is an issue from behind the scenes, they have time to let us know.

#7 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I hope if it is an issue from behind the scenes, they have time to let us know.

I think so.

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

It's with the full version on my iPad that I have problems quoting.

#9 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Give the mobile version a try, would like to hear how that's working then.

#10 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

No apparent problems with mobile version.

Give the mobile version a try, would like to hear how that's working then.

No apparent problems with mobile version.

#11 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

In that case I'd advise to use that for the time being. In the end safari is probably more adapted to mobile versions than 'grown up' regular size sites.

#12 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

May I ask what type of computer you are using? I'm using a Toshiba with Windows 7 and the Google Chrome web browser.
I don't know enough about computers but could what I'm using on my computer be the problem?

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

May I ask what type of computer you are using? I'm using a Toshiba with Windows 7 and the Google Chrome web browser.
I don't know enough about computers but could what I'm using on my computer be the problem?

I think that it might be an issue with the Google Chrome web browser. The times that I've used it on the forum, it hasn't worked particularly well with the forums. I haven't noticed the multi-quote issue, as I don't use it very often, but I know Chrome has some severe issues with bolding, italicizing, and underlining text, which causes the cursor to return to the end of the bolded, italicized, or underlined word if you have to use the backspace button at any point during the rest of your typing.

#14 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I think that it might be an issue with the Google Chrome web browser. The times that I've used it on the forum, it hasn't worked particularly well with the forums. I haven't noticed the multi-quote issue, as I don't use it very often, but I know Chrome has some severe issues with bolding, italicizing, and underlining text, which causes the cursor to return to the end of the bolded, italicized, or underlined word if you have to use the backspace button at any point during the rest of your typing.

You are dead right tdalton! I'm using internet explorer and everything works fine. Only thing is that interent explore doesn't underline spelling mistakes.
I'm kind of embarrassd about making it an issue, since the error was on my part.

#15 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

You are dead right tdalton! I'm using internet explorer and everything works fine. Only thing is that interent explore doesn't underline spelling mistakes.
I'm kind of embarrassd about making it an issue, since the error was on my part.

I've noticed that the spell-check issue works sometimes and not others. It never works in Internet Explorer, as IE doesn't have a spell-check option in its current iteration, although I understand it'll have one in IE10 when it ships with Windows 8 later this year. Firefox has a spell-check, but it works on and off with these forums. Chrome's spell-check seems to work the most consistently with CBn, but the other issues I highlighted make it difficult to use Chrome here.

#16 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Also I noticed whenever I need to edit my posts in Chrome you have to select the "more reply options" link to edit them but again Internet Explore works perfect.

Edited by S K Y F A L L, 28 April 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Reply to this topic