11 replies to this topic

#1 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Who would you like to see play the next M?

Edited by S K Y F A L L, 09 April 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#2 Frankie

Frankie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Who would you like to see play the next M?

Judi Dench is 77 years old and wont live forever. There is rumors that Ralph Fiennes will be replacing her. He would be my choice.

Even assuming that Dench can pass for a 69 or 70 year-old, is it still plausible that M would be that old? One would think she would have retired 5-10 years ago.

#3 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Anyone who is trying to stay spoiler free will be pissed off at you.

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

We're in the spoiler forum here. Shouldn't be a problem.

Personally. I don't think it should be taken as read yet that Fiennes will definitely be the new M. He may not even have decided yet whether he wants to return for future instalments. Time will tell.

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

The subject header still appears on the board index. This needs to be changed.

#6 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Ah, good point, Matt. Sorry.

#7 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

The new M needs to shake things up a bit. Someone like Maggie Smith or Glenda Jackson, or even Helen Mirren could do the trick. She would treat Bond with contemptuous suspicion, her being older and a woman, of course, but as a world renowned British act-or would still get far too much unwarranted screen time while her relationship with Bond overshadows all his drinking and shagging and stuff. Actually, on reading this back to myself it really doesn't seem like a good idea. To me, at least. Nah, give the role to some bloke. Any bloke will do, as long as it's a bloke.

On a serious note, well its not really that serious, in fact it's not serious at all, not like the flu or chicken pox, but I'd still like to mention this anyway... I'm becoming increasingly uninterested in Skyfall, I just can't muster much enthusiasm for it. Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to a new Bond movie, I think Daniel Craig is great, and the cast and crew seem exceptional for a Bond flick - on paper it all works, but I'm just not feeling it. After hours of self-reflection and therepy I've formulated the conclusion that the emphasis on M is to blame and I can't shake it. Now, I'm not judging the film before I've seen it, or indeed M's role in it - I acknowledge it could well be the film that changes my perception on all previous Bond movies (except the Brosnan ones of course). I'm just wondering, am I the only one here who feels this way or are there others who share my dark and lonely secret? I watch the excited posts on this sun-lit forum through a window of self-loathing and depression. I need a pick-me-up bad, if I'm going to find it anywhere it's here.

Thanks for listening to my cry for help.

Edited by MrKidd, 09 April 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#8 smudge76

smudge76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Lot of actors Fiennes be a good chioce Brain Cox maybe another

#9 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Sorry if I've spoiled anything for anyone.

This is my first thread post and I'm not sure how to change the thread title.?

Should I have posted this Bond24 and beyond?

#10 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

I've long thought that David Suchet, a long-running actor in Agatha Christie's Poirot, would make a very strong and intelligent M. An excellent and well-spoken English actor in the more traditional, Fleming-style Messervy vein.

He's also of just the right breed of respected, long-running and well established actor but not too well known worldwide as to distract from him filling the shoes of a major character like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I find it strange that Suchet has never appeared in a Bond film in some capacity. If not as a crusty HQ mandarin, then as a foreign station chief or something. Like John Rhys-Davies, he can play a wide variety of nationalities.

#12 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

Ah, good point, Matt. Sorry.

Wasn't anything you did mate! Definitely no worries.