68 replies to this topic

#31 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

There was also a rumor about Sam Mendes cutting action scenes in an attempt at a Oscar bid, it would good alone with this very well.

#32 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

There was also a rumor about Sam Mendes cutting action scenes in an attempt at a Oscar bid, it would good alone with this very well.

Sam Mendes himself debunked that rumor at the "Skyfall" press conference so no need to worry...

#33 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

no surprise here..........we saw this happen a lot time along as "this big hook" was mentioned...it does not mean that M actually die but Bond could fake her death and relocate her to a unknown location

#34 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Enter at your own risk.
http://bestforfilm.c...e-skyfall-news/

Its the end of an era.

Sam Mendes himself debunked that rumor at the "Skyfall" press conference so no need to worry...

Good call Dove. It slipped me mind but anyway who better to do the job I guess then Sam Mendes.

Edited by S K Y F A L L, 05 April 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#35 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

If she is bumped off, I should think it's Kincade who does the deed.

#36 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

God I wish I hadn't read that spoiler :(

#37 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I don't think i've ever been this excited to see a Bond film. It's going to be bloody fantastic.

And, much like everyone here, it's not a massive shock really. I just can't wait to see how Craig plays it.

#38 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Bloody hell! I was expecting it but it still sounds amazing!

#39 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Bit harsh of The Sun to ruin the ending of the film for anyone who visits their site by posting the spoiled details in their headline!

#40 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

As much as this possibility has been discussed and treated by some fans as a given, I'm surprised that it might actually happen. I never expected them to make M's death explicit. I thought they would give her a poignant yet ambiguous exit, like Q's descent into hell in TWINE, so that Dench could potentially return for another round. It seems strange to me, and somewhat out of character, for them to cut off that possibility. If it's true, I admire their moxie.

More than anything else, this makes me think that the Fiennes-as-M rumors must be true. By removing Dench, they're voluntarily plucking the feather from their cap. The producers would never deprive themselves of a talented and prestigious actor without acquiring another of approximately the same caliber. Only an actor of Fiennes' stature could step into the role of M without seeming like a disappointing Hargreaves-ish ersatz.

#41 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

"It was The Sun wot spoiled it."

#42 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Dear God, WHY?! Why did I click the link?!

#43 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Dear God, WHY?! Why did I click the link?!

Haha come on dude, it was always gonna happen. Bring on FIENNES!

#44 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Any chance, if it's true...the ending will be changed? I'd rather have an ending where she just transitions the position to Ralph. She doesn't deserve to leave in that kind of way. It's a tad disrespectful, to me at least.

#45 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Any chance, if it's true...the ending will be changed? I'd rather have an ending where she just transitions the position to Ralph. She doesn't deserve to leave in that kind of way. It's a tad disrespectful, to me at least.

But it's dramatic. And that's why we go watch films. And with two actors of such a high calibre i expect the scene to be emotionally gripping and heart-wrenching.
So disrespectful? Don't know about that.

#46 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm not expecting Fiennes to formally take over the full role in SKYFALL. I guess they'll leave it open-ended, and Fiennes may very well appear officially as the new M in BOND 24 if he's happy to commit.

#47 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Dame Judi's M leaves the series - dead or alive? Ralph Fiennes to succeed her as M (allegedly!)

Why am I not surprised? Or maybe I will be when the film comes out and, lo and behold, Dame Judi leaves alive and well, or is actually staying put.

Incumbent M killed off sounds possible, even plausible, but, given the lock down regarding the Skyfall plot, could equally well be red top rubbish.

#48 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

This production hasn't exactly been a model of watertight secrecy. A lot of stuff leaked out before it was confirmed: the title, the involvement of Bardem and Fiennes, the fact that Whishaw is playing Q, the call sheets with Silva's name, the Bond family tombstones, etc.

#49 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

This production hasn't exactly been a model of watertight secrecy. A lot of stuff leaked out before it was confirmed: the title, the involvement of Bardem and Fiennes, the fact that Whishaw is playing Q, the call sheets with Silva's name, the Bond family tombstones, etc.

Indeed. "Can't you people keep anything locked up?" :rolleyes:

#50 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Interesting, especially if

Spoiler

Indeed Jim.
Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm not sure how this feeds into the speculation, but I believe the leaked call sheets referred to M and Kincade trying to flee across the Scottish moor - most likely after the house is attacked/destroyed - so I personally doubt she'll die in Skyfall Lodge itself; perhaps in the chapel...

#52 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

I just hope her last words are not, "The sky is falling."

#53 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

"This never happened to the other fella!"

#54 talos7

talos7

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Maybe the whole thing is a Red Herring, Next we'll hear of Fiennes filming a scene as he strokes a white cat. Eon is not playing their hand; they're playing the press and us to keep the big hook under wraps.

#55 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Maybe the whole thing is a Red Herring, Next we'll hear of Fiennes filming a scene as he strokes a white cat. Eon is not playing their hand; they're playing the press and us to keep the big hook under wraps.

Sort of how "Skyfall" was an elaborate smokescreen for "The Property of a Lady"?

#56 talos7

talos7

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Sort of how "Skyfall" was an elaborate smokescreen for "The Property of a Lady"?

Yeah.....That's it. Look at how long and to what extent the're keeping that one going.

#57 J B

J B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

I felt compelled to look at it, but I had the feeling that it would come to that. It's more than likely that this is for sure Judi Dench's last performance in the series, but it seems like she won't go out with a whimper.

#58 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

So I guess if you try to tie scenes that we have seen shot with this rumor - starting with Eve and Bond on the roof with the box - and then the internal fire and explosion at Skyfall lodge - one could ascertain (as was previously speculated by others) that this rumor is a good one - and that the remains of M are probably in that box. Perhaps as Vauxhall suggests - she escapes the lodge - but was critically injured. The only thing that seems odd - at least to me - is that we believe the Skyfall lodge attack is the ending climatic battle. I'm hoping for something else. Bond seeking revenge on Silva on his own turf.

#59 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Somehow I doubt that if M dies in the fire someone can distinguish her remains from the rest and put it in a box...

#60 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm not expecting Fiennes to formally take over the full role in SKYFALL. I guess they'll leave it open-ended, and Fiennes may very well appear officially as the new M in BOND 24 if he's happy to commit.

What about continuity then? It'd be bad if we had 3 different M's in 3 films. I'd like it to happen halfway into the film so that we can have a bit of Fiennes M performance as well.

"This never happened to the other fella!"

Good one!