• PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

CHAPTER 18
Every Journey...

In for submission.

Enjoy the teaser

Hessel’s arms encircled her waist “Soon, my darling, very soon”
Elodie buried her face into Jurgen Hessel’s shoulder, very softly she sobbed.
After all this was what her mind had been programed for.
Her memory had been moulded to know that this was the moment that would define her; forever.
“There is something I want you to see before we all meet” Hessel whispered.
“What; what do I need to know?”
“Don’t worry. All the information you need to know is contained in a small box"

#92 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

#93 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Some very kind words of encouragement and caution from the Major.

Thanks Bob, I am inspired...

Hi, Paul,
I'm pleased to review the Decree Absolute. Now, I confess, I was very fond of A Secret To The Grave, and that remains my favorite, but here are some thoughts. I thought Decree Absolute lagged just a bit in the early chapters, but that may just be me. Anyway, your most recent few chapters have been very good indeed.

As always, your research has been meticulous, and it shows throughout. I liked your descriptions of the new Jaguar and Range Rover, and there were some amusing nods to the canonical Bond (the name Sterling). Also, I liked the fun your had introducing the martini. You had Bond laugh when Juliet said, "Gosh, that's certainly a drink," and I did as well. By the way, I think Juliet is a nicely written character.

I've got a correction for Chapter 10. Your reference to "schematic" heart disease should be "ischemic."

The action scenes have been well written: the intense airline scene in Chapter 8, the Apache attack on the Range Rover, and the airliner's crash landing are standouts. I also liked the idea of a pharmaceutical Russain Roulette. It's hard to come up with new torture/ interrogation scenarios, and this was was original and gripping.

I'm looking forward to more!

All the best,

Bob

#94 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Some very kind words of encouragement and caution from the Major.

Thanks Bob, I am inspired...

Hi, Paul,
I'm pleased to review the Decree Absolute. Now, I confess, I was very fond of A Secret To The Grave, and that remains my favorite, but here are some thoughts. I thought Decree Absolute lagged just a bit in the early chapters, but that may just be me. Anyway, your most recent few chapters have been very good indeed.

As always, your research has been meticulous, and it shows throughout. I liked your descriptions of the new Jaguar and Range Rover, and there were some amusing nods to the canonical Bond (the name Sterling). Also, I liked the fun your had introducing the martini. You had Bond laugh when Juliet said, "Gosh, that's certainly a drink," and I did as well. By the way, I think Juliet is a nicely written character.

I've got a correction for Chapter 10. Your reference to "schematic" heart disease should be "ischemic."

The action scenes have been well written: the intense airline scene in Chapter 8, the Apache attack on the Range Rover, and the airliner's crash landing are standouts. I also liked the idea of a pharmaceutical Russain Roulette. It's hard to come up with new torture/ interrogation scenarios, and this was was original and gripping.

I'm looking forward to more!

All the best,

Bob

Chapter 8 is the car crashing down the side of the mountain. Still gripping though. :)

#95 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

hoping that a new chapter will come soon

#96 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Sorry, Volante. You know, everyone has a trademark. Brosnan had his Brioni suits, Craig has his Vespers, I've got my typing errors (and my goodness, did I make a lot of them)! I'd meant to comment on the car crash in Chapter 8 and the plane crash in Chapter 15. And you're right -- still gripping.

#97 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sorry, Volante. You know, everyone has a trademark. Brosnan had his Brioni suits, Craig has his Vespers, I've got my typing errors (and my goodness, did I make a lot of them)! I'd meant to comment on the car crash in Chapter 8 and the plane crash in Chapter 15. And you're right -- still gripping.

Knowing that you enjoyed it gives me a buzz.

Chapter Twenty (of Thirty) is in for submission tonight.
That way Harry has a clear week for the first installment of Royal Gambit.

Here's just a taster

Kolossi Castle or tower as it’s referred to by the locals is a plain stone grey square shaped fortress dating back to the 12th century.
The grounds evoke a peaceful feeling, but are hardly the most luxurious of hideaways for visiting Royalty.
Behind the castle, stretching into the gently sloping hillside are various training grounds.
A mock city street, used for ‘fast response’ house to house combat simulations had been adapted from the buildings which used to house the sugar mills in the 14th century.
And in the distance a well trodden path led to the live mine fields used for disarming.

#98 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Paul,
I haven't been keeping up with DA, but I will get to it [I prefer to read in one hit, gives me a better feel for the piece] however, is that Kolossi Castle in Cyprus?
Only wondered. I did a scenario for Colonel Sun a number of years back which used the castle as its climatic location, having visited, I thought it a very good locale.
Just wondered.
Chris

#99 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Paul,
I haven't been keeping up with DA, but I will get to it [I prefer to read in one hit, gives me a better feel for the piece] however, is that Kolossi Castle in Cyprus?
Only wondered. I did a scenario for Colonel Sun a number of years back which used the castle as its climatic location, having visited, I thought it a very good locale.
Just wondered.
Chris

Absolutely right Chris. I always try to give a nod of the head to past Bond adventures within the tales.
The location fell right, as a being very close to the Air Bridge, used by British troops returning from Afganistan.
There's still 10 nail biting twisting turning chapters to go; before the all revealing epilogue.

You'll have ample time to devour DA before SF

Cheers
Paul

#100 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Paul I had to tear myself off DA last night to get back to writing my own FF.

I was however truly inspired - you've set the standards damn sky high (as bloody usual).

Great job mate the way its going.

Had some problems with me printer but a kick here and a thump there and it soon got working. Will be reading more tonight.

#101 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

There's still 10 nail biting twisting turning chapters to go; before the all revealing epilogue.

You'll have ample time to devour DA before SF

I'd better make a start soon ! Be hard to fit it in later on.

#102 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Chapter 21 (of 30) went in for submission last night.

After a failed assasination attempt in Cyprus we see 007 hunting down Hessel's henchman Adrian Alnaby...
...in a Mine-field.

#103 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Great news Paul. As soon as I post the last chapter of Part I of RG this week, I'll be sitting back on a well earned rest (if I may say so myself) to read it.

#104 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Great news Paul. As soon as I post the last chapter of Part I of RG this week, I'll be sitting back on a well earned rest (if I may say so myself) to read it.

Glad you're enjoying it Harry; you will have noticed nods toward Scarlett, and Canadian SF Jeff. Don't worry your Sabre team gets a big mention later on; and finally Major Tallon is introduced (although maybe not in such a grand role as his illustrous past demands - still that'll teach him for going to Nassau without me)

Chapter 21 - ON LINE NOW

#105 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

When reading from Chapter TWO through chapter SIX.
Please run the cursor over the text (if reading on the black background)
As all good secret agents will tell you; the text is invisible to the naked eye.

Enjoy

#106 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Now that the Queen's Diamond Jubilee is over, and we know that James Bond will be opening the Olympics.
It's time to get back into the story.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO (of 30) in for submission 19.15

By the way; this chapter has the most outrageous stunt 007 has ever undertaken.

#107 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sh** Volante. Yer gonna make me skip bloody chapters!!!!!!

Shame on you. You knew I was behind.

;-)

Harry

#108 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Sh** Volante. Yer gonna make me skip bloody chapters!!!!!!

Shame on you. You knew I was behind.

;-)

Harry

L O L Hey Harry you'll need the background on this one. So don't miss a chapter.
If you thought the Minefield was tense...

#109 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

As all good secret agents will tell you; the text is invisible to the naked eye.

Enjoy

Alternatively (can I say this?) you can always read it on AJB.

#110 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Enjoy

Alternatively (can I say this?) you can always read it on AJB.

I can't argue with that. Sorry to say that since changing the format of the board; posting has been a nightmare.
Changing font and format is way beyond me now!
I will continue to post the chapters here (and contribute when I can actually find the forums) but the story is also being aired on AJB.

Where ever your read DECREE ABSOLUTE - enjoy:)

#111 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

any update on the next chapter?

#112 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

...and as if by magic.
I am pleased to announce CHAPTER 23 (of 30) was submitted today.

Rude Awakenings...
Sees Bond confront Jurgen Hessel

Posted Image

#113 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

...and as if by magic.
I am pleased to announce CHAPTER 23 (of 30) was submitted today.

Rude Awakenings...
Sees Bond confront Jurgen Hessel

Posted Image

Now on line...

Bond aimed the gun at Hessel’s head. “I’ve had my fill of flying today. Let’s just sit down and talk until this plane touches down” Bond waved the Walther PPK in the direction of the chair
By the way, where are we heading?”
“Libya” Hessel returned to his seat.

#114 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

OK so I'm only up to chapter 6 - but what's this? Speedcar series? Uh huh?
Mr Volante, I hope there is semblance in your teasers..........
Anyhoo... loving the first few chapters.
You know I'm a cussed [censored] when it comes to critique, but you have broken the back with this one, Paul.
I'm seriously, generously, impressed. Forgiving the grammar and punctuation, this is a very effective thriller (at least up to chapter 6, which is where I'm at) . I like that you've shorn the descriptions down. This isn't a personal preference, I prefer explanation, relevant of course, but you've clearly given thought to the structure of your piece; I like that you're harking back to your earlier opus' - the swift foundations of To Kill And Die For or Silhouettes and Shadows - yet have still gained the extrenous insight which illuminates a good thriller / novel.
I'm no where near finished, mind, but what I've seen bodes well. My only personal hiccup (currently) is the age old one about dialogue: some of your dialogue, some of it is unnecessary, Paul. You can summarise a lot of it. All those hellos and stuff, just cut it out, we know they are saying.
Anyway, side points, who really cares.....
OO7 RULES...
Catching up quickly,
Chris

#115 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

OK so I'm only up to chapter 6 - but what's this? Speedcar series? Uh huh?
Mr Volante, I hope there is semblance in your teasers..........
Anyhoo... loving the first few chapters.
You know I'm a cussed [censored] when it comes to critique, but you have broken the back with this one, Paul.
I'm seriously, generously, impressed. Forgiving the grammar and punctuation, this is a very effective thriller (at least up to chapter 6, which is where I'm at) . I like that you've shorn the descriptions down. This isn't a personal preference, I prefer explanation, relevant of course, but you've clearly given thought to the structure of your piece; I like that you're harking back to your earlier opus' - the swift foundations of To Kill And Die For or Silhouettes and Shadows - yet have still gained the extrenous insight which illuminates a good thriller / novel.
I'm no where near finished, mind, but what I've seen bodes well. My only personal hiccup (currently) is the age old one about dialogue: some of your dialogue, some of it is unnecessary, Paul. You can summarise a lot of it. All those hellos and stuff, just cut it out, we know they are saying.
Anyway, side points, who really cares.....
OO7 RULES...
Catching up quickly,
Chris

Well I must say I'm really pleased you are enjoying the story Chris, and a really big thanks for taking the time to review.
I hope you will continue to do so at intervals.
Bob said he thought the first couple of chapters dragged.
I can promise the action gets more intense as the tale unfolds.

...and so on to the latest news.

CHAPTER 24 (of 30)
SLOW DEATH

Has just been submitted... so we are now in Jim's hands as to when he pressess the button.

This chapter sees Bond finally getting his hands on the box...for how long???
well that you'll have to read.

Don't forget if reading from the begining you need to drag the curser over chapters 2 to 7 in order to make the text appear.

I hope everyone reading the story enjoys SLOW DEATH. Once you understand what's happening it becomes a pivital chapter in the novel.
From here on in it's one hell of a ride, with 007 encountering enimies aplenty.

#116 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

CHAPTER 25 (of 30)
PRODIGAL SON

In for submission.

Another pivitol chapter. 007 returns to Vauxhall Cross, and reunites with Miss Moneypenny.
13 pages long, so make sure you have a martini when you start it.

Please; I'd love some feedback on this chapter alone.

#117 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

#118 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

got to catch up with this a few chapter behind(only two actually........) and when the next chapter coming

#119 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

got to catch up with this a few chapter behind(only two actually........) and when the next chapter coming

Hope you're up to speed now.
Anyway just a quick note to let everyone know that CHAPTER TWENTY SIX (of 30) is in for submission

THE YARD

M danced down the steps, the pain in his shoulder sang at every movement.
He called to his driver “Where’s Bond?”
“Long gone”
M stooped hands on his knees, his breath sent a scalding lump down into his lungs. He punched the buttons on his phone.

#120 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

In for approval,

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN (of 30)

THE SPLENDID GATE

Bab al-Azizia "The Splendid Gate" is the military barracks and compound, situated in the southern suburbs of Tripoli. As the ‘call to prayer’ echoed over the city, the night time vigilantes took over the defensive positions at the corners of their estates. Coupled to the might of the government troops, security in the city was high. The single shots or volleys of rifle fire that punctuated the night time began. The orange globe of the sun was only just setting.