4 replies to this topic

#1 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

11 years on and I never unlocked this map.

The World is Not Enough for Nintendo 64... completing single player levels on a certain difficulty within a certain time frame would unlock extra multiplayer content. To unlock the 'Forest' Multiplayer map, you would have to complete the 1 player level 'Night Watch' in 00 Agent mode within 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

my friends and I want to do a 'classic nintendo' night and TWINE was one game we spent alot of time on, but we never got to play the old forest map. I recently busted out the old N64 and this level is as tricky as ever. Anyone have any tips that helped them conquer this challenge? Can't find any video on youtube showing someone unlocking this achievement, if anyone could post a video it would be appreciate.

#2 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

oops, nevermind i just unlocked it lol. an achievement 11 years in the making! the forest map was... dissapointing actually :(

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

I have TWINE in N64, enjoyable game. Although I can't save my progress for some reason. I can on any other game I play on.

#4 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

TWINE was one of the rare cartridge games that required a memory card, which plugged into your controller (same place a rumble pack would go). when i recently popped in TWINE my memory card had been corrupted and I had to recover everything from scratch

#5 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

TWINE was one of the rare cartridge games that required a memory card, which plugged into your controller (same place a rumble pack would go). when i recently popped in TWINE my memory card had been corrupted and I had to recover everything from scratch

Actually, the majority of 3rd-party games required a "Memory Pak" to save game progress. For the most part it was only Nintendo and 2nd-party developers like Rareware that allowed you to save your game to the cartridge.

It's just that the system's 3rd-party support was abysmal and most of the high-quality games people remember are either Nintendo or Rareware made.