356 replies to this topic

#271 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

how stupid they can be? it's like they are ashamed that it is a Bond game! WHERE's BOND?!

Right? They don't even show a Craig character model in the gallery. Unbelievable.

#272 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

how stupid they can be? it's like they are ashamed that it is a Bond game! WHERE's BOND?!

Right? They don't even show a Craig character model in the gallery. Unbelievable.

You can barely recognize Craig on the cover. I just don't get it. I mean, why even bother to come up with these extra villains characters for the multiplayer if they don't care about main character?

#273 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

The reviews are already rolling in

9/10 at TGN
http://www.totallygn...eloaded-review/

90% at Game Vortex
http://www.gamevorte...d-xbox-360.html

#274 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

You can barely recognize Craig on the cover. I just don't get it. I mean, why even bother to come up with these extra villains characters for the multiplayer if they don't care about main character?

That's insane that Craig isn't on the character gallery. But they did show him off for the wii version. I'm assuming this is Activision's effort, based on feedback from the wii, to appeal to fans of the N64 version, which is odd now that it isn't on a Nintendo console anymore. They don't want the fanboys bitching that Brosnan is out,

#275 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

They don't want the fanboys bitching that Brosnan is out,

Which probably would happen. Terrible.

#276 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

They don't want the fanboys bitching that Brosnan is out,

Which probably would happen. Terrible.

You see it on YouTube trailers all the time. So this is Activision's play. Advertise it even more heavily as the original goldeneye. Sheer trickery.

#277 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Whats the deal with all the extra add-ons that stores are offering, how can we get all of them? I just bought the double O special edition from Best buy but it didnt come with their store exclusive add on. Is there a way all us Bond fans can post the codes so we can share or are these codes disc specific like Microsoft product keys?

#278 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Whats the deal with all the extra add-ons that stores are offering, how can we get all of them? I just bought the double O special edition from Best buy but it didnt come with their store exclusive add on. Is there a way all us Bond fans can post the codes so we can share or are these codes disc specific like Microsoft product keys?

The codes are one time usage :/ Many of the extra modes can be unlocked in time by gaining online XP. Bonus characters and other content will probably become DLC in the future.

#279 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Been playing. So far so great. One unusual bit, you can no longer see your reflection in the facility bathroom.

#280 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

My copy is hopefully being dispatched from LoveFilm, tomorrow. Just hope it comes on time. ARKHAM CITY did, but I ended up cancelling DEAD ISLAND because it wasn't dispatched for 2 weeks.

#281 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Been playing. So far so great. One unusual bit, you can no longer see your reflection in the facility bathroom.

Duh, everyone will return it as soon as they see Craig's face! :D

#282 goldsmithsprogeny

goldsmithsprogeny

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

The game was released in Australia today. I've picked up my copy, but, alas, the delivery of my new television has been delayed until tomorrow, so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Oh well, having anticipated the release of the game for so long, another day won't kill me.

#283 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Gamespot Review: 8/10
http://uk.gamespot.c...ary;read-review

IGN Review: 8.5/10
http://uk.xbox360.ig.../1211316p1.html

#284 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

Gamespot Review: 8/10
http://uk.gamespot.c...ary;read-review

IGN Review: 8.5/10
http://uk.xbox360.ig.../1211316p1.html

I've got strange feeling that GER (funny shortcut btw^^) is the best Bond game since GE64... :)

#285 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

I honestly can't wait to play it. I'm so excited. I think the only reason I was against the idea at first was because it was a Wii exclusive. Yes, I know Nintendo is at it's roots, but I don't have a Wii. The whole affair really annoyed me.

I'm just so happy that they've released it on 360. :D

#286 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

Its a little bit ridiculous that I havent seen one bit of marketing or advertising for the game. Actvision dropped the ball big time. The only way I knew about this game was because I am a James Bond fan. All my friends and family didnt even know about it. I called Sony bec I was having a problem setting up the Sony Move motion capture part and their technicians didnt even know about the game. All the circulars for Target, Best Buy and other electronic giants didnt have it advertised. Very poor marketing on Activisions part

Edited by JB007YH, 03 November 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#287 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

Its a little bit ridiculous that I havent seen one bit of marketing or advertising for the game. Actvision dropped the ball big time. The only way I knew about this game was because I am a James Bond fan. All my friends and family didnt even know about it. I called Sony bec I was having a problem setting up the Sony Move motion capture part and their technicians didnt even know about the game. All the circulars for Target, Best Buy and other electronic giants didnt have it advertised. Very poor marketing on Activisions part

Activision is pumping all their marketing dollars into the new Call of Duty; this is the third year running they've released the new Bond game right before the new COD. What is their strategy here? How can a game that doesn't have that 'must buy' status be expected to get an audience when its coming out alongside all the biggest games of the year?
The Bloodstone marketing was a joke - they didn't even bother to create artwork or an identity for it, they just took a behind the scenes still of Dan from QOS and slapped it against a grey background, with all the fanfare of "Here's a generic shooter with Bond in it - enjoy! Or don't. Whatever."
While I've enjoyed all the Activision Bond games, it seems that the Bond license isn't a high priority for them. I think we need some new blood, a new developer that will break Bond out of generic shooter jail. A couple of years ago, Batman was a groan-inducing joke of a videogame character, after a series of forgettable beat-em-ups. All it took was one great game that understood the character and did something different, turning it into a hit game.
Somebody needs to do something bold - let's get an open world style Bond game. Have Bond go to different locations and do missions for/with different characters like Felix, Mathis, Zukovsky, Wai Lin, Camille etc. I dunno, I'm not a game developer, but I think doing a GTA style game will get attention. But something has to be done to excite casual gamers.

#288 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

Just bought it. I'm off to play it now.

I'll take a break when the Bond 23 announcement comes on.

#289 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

My copy just arrived from ShopTo! Today is gonna be 007 heaven!

#290 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Unbelievable!

So I sit down to get into the multiplayer, wondering which character shall I play...Zorin? Blofeld? Scaramanga? Nope. After several matches playing generic soldier characters, I search high and low and only after finding a small blurb at the back of the instruction manual do I discover that these characters can only be played in "Classic Conflict" mode, WHICH YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK BY GETTING TO EXPERIENCE LEVEL 35. That's right, the entire reason anyone wants to play Goldeneye multiplayer, the main focus of the trailers, is NOT AVAILABLE until you play through hours and hours of boring soldiers.
What is the logic behind this? Why did they hide it in this way? If you want to play soldiers shooting each other, play ANY OTHER SHOOTER GAME. The unique selling point of multiplayer, the thing that everybody remembers from the N64 game that they're supposed to be paying tribute to, is locked. I'm several matches in now and I have no desire to play any more of this multiplayer. It's not interesting to me. I'm not a Call of Duty or Battlefield guy, playing as faceless soldiers sniping each other is not what I came here for. It's bait and switch.

#291 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

Unbelievable!

So I sit down to get into the multiplayer, wondering which character shall I play...Zorin? Blofeld? Scaramanga? Nope. After several matches playing generic soldier characters, I search high and low and only after finding a small blurb at the back of the instruction manual do I discover that these characters can only be played in "Classic Conflict" mode, WHICH YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK BY GETTING TO EXPERIENCE LEVEL 35. That's right, the entire reason anyone wants to play Goldeneye multiplayer, the main focus of the trailers, is NOT AVAILABLE until you play through hours and hours of boring soldiers.
What is the logic behind this? Why did they hide it in this way? If you want to play soldiers shooting each other, play ANY OTHER SHOOTER GAME. The unique selling point of multiplayer, the thing that everybody remembers from the N64 game that they're supposed to be paying tribute to, is locked. I'm several matches in now and I have no desire to play any more of this multiplayer. It's not interesting to me. I'm not a Call of Duty or Battlefield guy, playing as faceless soldiers sniping each other is not what I came here for. It's bait and switch.

You can play classic conflict if you preordered e game from GameStop. Meanwhile, all the characters are also available in plot screen. :/

#292 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Posted Image

#293 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Let Me Be The First To Admit That This Adaptation Of 'GoldenEye', Is Quite Good.
It Is Familiar, Yet Fresh. I Approve !
:tup:

#294 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Who else bought the Double O edition with the Sony Move Machine gun? Its pretty cool. It takes some getting used to, Im terrible with it right now but Im sure Ill get the hang of it.

Edited by JB007YH, 03 November 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#295 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

geeeeeez, can't w8 for tomorrow when i finally buy it! oh i remember when last year i bought Blood Stone and GoldenEye same day :D what a fun to play at home :)

#296 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

First experience of multiplayer was a complete lagfest game of Golden Gun, but it was still pretty enjoyable, then played a game of Heroes which wasn't as laggy. The new modes sound great and hopefully after tomorrow I'll be paired with UK players, it is shaping up to be a great improvement on the Wii version.

I like single player but it is a bit boring if you've done it all before.

#297 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

For all the people that say they need to do something Bold, I love this game. I love Goldeneye and this game truly is the perfect update to it.

If only they had taken the extra time to make it absolutely flawless. Perfect graphics. No glitches.

I'm not complaining. Its damn near perfect. However I'm one of the few that wouldn't mind seeing Goldeneye worked on until it is perfect.

Alas, I would assume this is it for Goldeneye. I will be playing it for years to come.

BTW. CRAZY STORY

So a couple of guys where playing classic combat with me last night and they were playing as Oddjob and Goldfinger. I had no idea how they were doing that, as I could only choose jaws, blofeld, etc. So I thre on my headset to ask them (I hate talking to random people online, it weirds me out haha). Anyway, they told me they need to unlock it. HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART: They described the game as "Ok" and Im like: "Oh wow, have you played the story?" No. Then I said "Oh. Try 007 classic. It's just like the old days on the 64" They said: We've never played that game. We don't even like Bond. Then I'm like: "why'd you get it?" They said: to kill time in between Battlefield 3 and MW3. We get all games for the multiplayer.".............

People these days.

#298 Andoni

Andoni

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around desperately for Goldeneye Reloaded Double 0 Edition in the UK, and can't find it. I have ordered the MI6 Edition as a stopgap in case the Double 0 Edition isn't released here.

Is it a US-only special, or are we going to see it on these shores a bit later on?

Thanks

#299 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

i'm gonna kill someone - when i was in store today it turned out that they will release the game in Poland on november 10th!

#300 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

So a couple of guys where playing classic combat with me last night and they were playing as Oddjob and Goldfinger. I had no idea how they were doing that, as I could only choose jaws, blofeld, etc. So I thre on my headset to ask them (I hate talking to random people online, it weirds me out haha). Anyway, they told me they need to unlock it.

So not only do you have to play a long time to unlock the classic characters mode, once you get there you only have access to a couple of characters and you have to play for hours more to unlock the rest? WTF.