4 replies to this topic

#1 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this, thought here would be good as its for the Craig era. If it's in the wrong place can a mod move it to the right please for me please?

I've currently got a broken leg and cant go anywhere so I've been making short videos, This is a trailer for the Daniel Craig Bond films i made. It's a little rough around the edges still but i wanted your guys opinions on it. Hope you enjoy. I feel i should apologise for use of the Moby Bond theme at the end as so many fan videos use it, but i couldnt use my first choice of Bond theme (the end credits of TWINE) and the moby version just seemed to fit well. As a trailer its somewhat in three sections, first sets up Bond, second sets up Quantum, third is action. I like setting up Bond most, it just seemed to get what i wanted better.

#2 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

It's not bad, it is indeed a little rough. Some of the transitions aren't as smooth as they should be, but if you keep working on it I'm sure you could improve it. This reminds me of just how much I want Bond 23 to be released asap!

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Very rough indeed. It's getting there though. I think the main problem is, is that it lacks any kind of narrative. It seems like loads of scenes slapped together. It needs a beginning, a middle and end.

#4 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Smoothing out some of the rough edges will make a big difference but it's a good start. The one thing that seemed to not fit quite right was the scene with Dryden. Maybe it's the jump to black & white for the scene but the narrative of him not being a double-o just didn't feel right in this spot. Maybe cut it in earlier.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

Very rough indeed. It's getting there though. I think the main problem is, is that it lacks any kind of narrative. It seems like loads of scenes slapped together. It needs a beginning, a middle and end.

I concur.