16 replies to this topic

#1 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hello everyone, yes I'm back. But I'm pretty sure no one noticed I was gone, if you were even aware of my existence.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I decided to take a bond esque type of picture, and I wanted to know purely based on my looks (I won't tell you how old I am, or what my background is) could I be James Bond? Simply on my look.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/f1fipj.jpg

Just curious that's all.

Stupid Question Centre

1. Did you really need a new thread for this?
A. When threads create gb upon gb of space, then I'll consider this

2. Are you serious?
A. This is half joke, half serious. Don't take this thread seriously

#2 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hello everyone, yes I'm back. But I'm pretty sure no one noticed I was gone, if you were even aware of my existence.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I decided to take a bond esque type of picture, and I wanted to know purely based on my looks (I won't tell you how old I am, or what my background is) could I be James Bond? Simply on my look.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/f1fipj.jpg

Just curious that's all.

Stupid Question Centre

1. Did you really need a new thread for this?
A. When threads create gb upon gb of space, then I'll consider this

2. Are you serious?
A. This is half joke, half serious. Don't take this thread seriously

1. Sure, why not? With the lack of news from EON these days, one tends to create all kinds of topics :D
2. Sure, why not? Won´t take it THAT serious, but I won´t take it as a joke either :D

About the question: Yeah, I guess so man. Would depend on your voice and charisma, the mojo stuff, you know. But yeah, sure. I used to think I looked like brosnan in GE back when I was 15, so I get it. Helps build self-esteem, and does wonders with the ladies (well...some, most of them actually think Bond is an arrogant [censored]). Look at Bryce, the guy has Bond charisma all over :D and he does ok with the jag and all. All you got to do now is get the aston and the attitude B) Good luck kid, all Bond fans have said the sentence in the mirror, probably even Craig (even if he denies it, can´t remember his statment on that). :tup:

And for God´s sake EON, feed us some news, or we all will be bonkers by the time cineBond turns 50 :dizzy: (not saying you´re bonkers Greene, just to say all of us Bond fans are a bit on the luny side ;))

#3 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, I'm sure you'd make a very good Bond. Alas me oulde son, you're gonna have to wait your turn though cause I'm next up for the role. I've just been contacted by Barbara and Michael you see and they put to me an offer I can't refuse. So, don't despair mate. Stay in there and in a couple of years time you might still be in the running to fill in my shoes!

Receives telephone call and answers. After a couple of moments. 'What???? My nose is too big??? I thought I had the role in the bag??? Barbara wants DominicGreene??? Damn him!!!! How could this be happening!!!!'

After a couple of swigs of Scotch: 'I'll make sure the little runt won't get that role! If it's not me then no one will be Bond. NO ONE I SAY. DO YOU HEAR ME? NOBODY WILL BE BOND. MMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!'
:D

#4 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Okay, honest, genuine answer:

Stop taking pictures of yourself as Bond.

I'm serious. You're young, you want to be cool, you want to have gorgeous girls.

The way to be genuinely cool and get gorgeous girls is to go out and take action. Build things, start a small business, create, write, make films, shoot photos, go to the gym, play sports, get your scuba diving cert, take pilots lessons, play an instrument. Be a man of action, and never live your life trying to impress others, no matter their cleavage.

Thush endith the lesshon.

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

There's an air of birdwatcher about you from that photo, so yes, you could be James Bond.

#6 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

A better question:

Could James Bond ever be a redhead? :D

#7 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

You could be.... DOMINICGREENE.

#8 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

A better question:

Could James Bond ever be a redhead? :D

I plan to be the first ginger Bond. I'm not an actor but hey, neither was Lazenby!

#9 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

Look at Bryce, the guy has Bond charisma all over :D and he does ok with the jag and all.

Thank you for that. Cheers!

It took me years to get it down to perfection (and it's still not perfect) and I work away at it.

I'm well traveled, educated, kick-box and spar with skilled martial artists, fence and do sword-play, drive like a demon, drink, smoke and gamble and can dance the night away with any lady. I get to the range once a month. Have other espionage related skills. I'm 43 and keep my house and clothes in good order...and I'm a redhead. Scottish by family - got the kilt too.

Like your picture...We're all 007 in some way.

Not just because we're Bond fans.

#10 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

...We're all 007 in some way.

Or not.

#11 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

Or not.

Well, if you're a fan of 007, then you are. It's not about cash, girls, guns or your true life. It's about the fun of it all. :D

Be it your hobby or interest, it's Bond. Enjoy it. :tup:

#12 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

:tup:
"Boy, you´ve got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals" ;)

#13 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

I wanted to know purely based on my looks could I be James Bond? Simply on my look.

No. You're better-looking than, say, will_smoth, but you couldn't pull it off.

#14 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Or not.

Well, if you're a fan of 007, then you are. It's not about cash, girls, guns or your true life. It's about the fun of it all. :D

The very words I live by!

#15 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

As do I.

Cheers Major! :D

*salutes and raises pint*

#16 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Okay, honest, genuine answer:

Stop taking pictures of yourself as Bond.

I'm serious. You're young, you want to be cool, you want to have gorgeous girls.

The way to be genuinely cool and get gorgeous girls is to go out and take action. Build things, start a small business, create, write, make films, shoot photos, go to the gym, play sports, get your scuba diving cert, take pilots lessons, play an instrument. Be a man of action, and never live your life trying to impress others, no matter their cleavage.

Thush endith the lesshon.

This man speaks wisdom.

Listen to it.

#17 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

the best way you can be cool is to be yourself and you will find plenty of gorgeous girls who are interested in you for more than your cash and ability to fly light aircraft, which while fun is ultimately useless (the girls not the cash and pilots licence) and will leave you with an empty wallet and not much else.

but like he said- don't do things just to impress others or their clevage by liking or doing what is popular at the time at school or wherever, do them for yourself- which is what i think Binyamin was saying - cool is a subjective thing - Be yourself and confident in who you are and the ladies etc will follow

As for Bond, well life is like a box of chocolates- cool photo anyway