29 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

I've noticed in a few threads now members questioning why there have been no main page updates with the latest news. Actually, I've been hoping one of you would post a thread asking "what the heck is going on CBn!?" I think you all have been a little too nice about this and deserve an explanation.

The simple truth is, unfortunately, no one wants to write news for the main page anymore. I'm not sure when or if it will ever be updated. There was talk a redesign, but that may or may not happen. Right now, I think a combination of burn out and real life have knocked all the Bond out of the current CBn Team.

So, I'm sorry gang. Looks like the forums and Quick Links will be the news source for now. Unless, that is, someone whats to step up and be the new CBn news hound?

Feel free to tell us we suck.

#2 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Nah, you guys rock. :tup: And life happens.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

I understand completely. We haven't really had much Bond news recently, so the forums have been pretty much dead. Once Bond 23 gets off the ground, then I think we'll see an increase in forum members and content. The only reason no one's bothering to update the news page, is because there's nothing really to update it with. So, I can understand the lack of interest.

The Bond world is stale at the minute. There's nothing we can do about it until we get something new. Everything else has been discussed to death. I think we're all just slowly and steadily, waiting for something.

Hang in there guys, you're doing a brilliant job. :tup:

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:03 AM

I noticed that things have changed here somewhat. But I wouldn't think of complaining, as I am not exactly doing something about if myself. I ponder for some time writing an essay or an article and a few ideas for fanfic. Yet here I am, providing neither.

It's quite understandable that CBn staff is involved in their own lives, we all are. You still provide a hell of a good site and service and you'll only find me complaining, once I've contributed something significant, which is probably going to be never.

#5 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

Basically what's happened is all our staff is busy living our lives. And I'm sorry that CBn is suffering because of it. BUT we are in the works of revamping the main page so that CBn will still "live" without our constant attention. Of course we hope the forms will be active still and that def won't change. This transition is a process and to make that transition the focus has to be put on the transition not on updating the main page. We really are glad there are many people on the forums and I personally feel the "meat" of our CBn Bond community is here on the forums. So thank you everyone who's been with us and enjoying this site. We hope to transform and become something new you can continue to enjoy.

#6 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

the forums are where I get my news anyways. If you guys want some help, I'd love to lend a hand where needed (I am serious). We love you.

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

There's a new film out next year and a new book out next month.

One can have too much information.

#8 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

All the news and "news" makes it onto the forums anyway, so is there really any need for main page stuff? And zencat has been doing a brilliant job of keeping us informed on CARTE BLANCHE news and other LitBond happenings.

I still get all my Bond news from CBn - it just doesn't happen to come from the main page (but then I've always gone straight to the forums anyway and indeed in all my years here have looked only rarely at the main page).

Sam Mendes directing BOND 23, Deaver as the new continuation novelist, CARTE BLANCHE as the title, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem as rumoured actors for BOND 23, John Logan as the screenwriter, news of the upcoming John Gardner reprints.... all this info and many other fascinating nuggets I read first on CBn. That I saw them on the forums rather than on the main page doesn't make any difference to me.

This is still the place to come to for all the goings on in the world of 007. :tup:

#9 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

Indeed, I seldom visit the main page. Mostly I go straight to the forums too.

#10 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

The forums have always been CBn's particular strength. Even when we're in the doldrums there's almost always something worth reading. No apologies necessary.

As J. W. Pepper might have put it, "I'm with you all the way."

#11 solace

solace

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Understandable Guys. As has already been said Bond world is a little flat right now but with a new book, re-published old ones and of course the start of filming later this year things will only get better.
Maybe an idea could be for guest reporters from Cbn'ers to let everyone else know whats occuring. Maybe a sort of fan fiction type slot but reporting instead of storytelling? Id certainly like to contribute or help in some way. Any thoughts people?

#12 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

I've noticed in a few threads now members questioning why there have been no main page updates with the latest news. Actually, I've been hoping one of you would post a thread asking "what the heck is going on CBn!?" I think you all have been a little too nice about this and deserve an explanation.

The simple truth is, unfortunately, no one wants to write news for the main page anymore. I'm not sure when or if it will ever be updated. There was talk a redesign, but that may or may not happen. Right now, I think a combination of burn out and real life have knocked all the Bond out of the current CBn Team.

So, I'm sorry gang. Looks like the forums and Quick Links will be the news source for now. Unless, that is, someone whats to step up and be the new CBn news hound?

Feel free to tell us we suck.

You don´t suck. For heaven´s sake, you all deserve a break. And truth is, the Bond world as been low on news, solid rumours and updates lately. Why don´t you guys eliminate the front page, merge with, say, Mi6community (or whatever they call themselves nowadays), and live through the forums? I remember IFF being in trouble years ago and I really remember it dying, and I don´t want to see that happen to Cbn. Seeing Bond fans leave is also very sad. Oh well. Good luck guys. You rock. CBn rocks.

#13 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

More than willing to contribute to any 'news hound' duties if required, but I come to CBn for the forums so as long they continue then i'm happy.

#14 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

CBn is and always will be THE 007 site.

If you guys need help just call. Until then, I agree with all my fellow posters here - right now, there is not enough news to merit a constant updating.

#15 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Same here. The people running CB.n do a fantastic job, no apologies necessary.

#16 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Don't you worry about that, team. You're doing a fantastic job running this site, so we won't complain if there's no update. Anyway, Bond-verse is quite quiet for now.
And the Forum is where it's hot and alive!
You do have a life to live, so do enjoy it fully.
;)

#17 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Obviously for members that have been around for a while (like myself) no major updates on the main page is no big deal. However, I think it does significantly damage how newcomers might feel about the site if it doesn't seem on top of things. First thing newcomers see IS the main page... and then they go on from there if they like what they see. Hopefully something can happen :)

I see that right now the quick news is now the main page....

...and I don't think you guys suck by any means. Real Life takes priority anytime.

#18 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I'm pleased to see the Quick Links moved into the main feed during this down time. That helps.

#19 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

That explains why the quick links are now in line with the main news articles! I thought perhaps there was a glitch with my browser. No need to apologize though, the team here does a fantastic job. With no new Bond news right now it's fair to take a break. At the end of the day it's just a website, so of course it can get tiring to continue updating it over and over. Take a little break and when it the time comes for Bond 23 news, come back with a bang!

#20 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I wish I had Internet at home and a more professional English knowledge, I'd be happy to write the news, but I can't :(

#21 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

I miss Qwerty.

#22 clublos

clublos

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

I miss Qwerty.

Wait, Qwerty left?

#23 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

I haven't seen him around here for over a year. The main page is a ghost town and he rarely posts. I'd say he left.

#24 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

I haven't seen him around here for over a year. The main page is a ghost town and he rarely posts. I'd say he left.

Can you say first ever CBn group man-hunt?

#25 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi Hi - I'm still here, if only a ghost of my rather prolific-posting self I used to be. Miss seeing alot of you guys quite a bit and hope everyone is doing as awesome as can be. Sorry for more or less just disappearing suddenly sometime last year, but I finally realized that I needed to take a huge step back from CBn in order to concentrate on my personal life: job searching, apartment hunting, concentrating on my relationships, etc etc... all the fun stuff.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I still do visit once in a while to check out the news and conversations on here. I mean, after how many posts and years of practically living at this place, I can't completely(!) leave. :)

#26 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I miss Blue Eyes :)

#27 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

I miss Blue Eyes :)

Yeah, me too. Where is Daniel?

#28 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Just a post to say that I would like to see normal article updates on the site again very soon. The news links are ok, but I'd rather see the site running the way it was...

#29 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

Just a post to say that I would like to see normal article updates on the site again very soon. The news links are ok, but I'd rather see the site running the way it was...

You may need to invest in a time machine to fulfill that wish, unfortunately... :(

#30 SecretAgent007

SecretAgent007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

I hardly ever look at the main page either. I just go to the forums, although I don't post very much any more. It's been very confrontational on here for a while. :S