15 replies to this topic

#1 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

I think its interesting that he wants to do it, but does he really have what it takes to be bond 7? he seems to young for me and well i don't think anyone should say after daniel craig bond stuff tell it gets to that point. I mean he has done only 2 so far and i think he is far from done yet!

Interview link.

http://www.ign.com/v...erman-interview

#2 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

I don't get a Bond vibe from him, I know some do but he's just a generic pretty boy IMO. Michael Fassbender looks/can act like Bond IMHO, he'll be too old when Craig hangs it up. Doubt EON goes after Cavill.

#3 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Fassbender would be very interesting, more sinister. But Cavill is much more versatile than you give him credit for, blueman.

Since Cavill is Superman now, however, I believe EON will not go back to him anymore.

#4 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

I admit I haven't seen much of him, just what I have hasn't impressed. Oh well, seems that super-ship has sailed. ;)

#5 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Fassbender would be very interesting, more sinister. But Cavill is much more versatile than you give him credit for, blueman.

Since Cavill is Superman now, however, I believe EON will not go back to him anymore.

I agree. Once we see him in tights and a cape, it will be hard to see him becoming Bond.

#6 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

I've yet to see Cavill in anything, so no judgments from me one way or the other.

After Craig anything is possible. If Bond ever wanted to do a "young Bond" series of films...maybe showing Bond in school, growing up, going into the Royal Navy...maybe focus on his younger, pre-007 years, Nicholas Hoult would be worth a look.

I hope EON will not do such a pre-prequel but get on with the series and give us simply the next Bond actor like they did in the past.

#7 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

I've just listened to the interview at work without seeing the picture (reduced my browser) and I noticed that his voice is exactly the same as Michael Sheen's.

Anyone?

#8 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

It won't happen. Henry can't have his cake and ear it too.

#9 I never miss

I never miss

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

It won't happen. Henry can't have his cake and ear it too.

Cavill will be on Eon's radar, particularly if he is a successful Superman. Not saying he'd get the Bond 7 part, but he would at least be considered. I think his looks are deceptive - he would need to be encouraged to play the part in a SC/DC style rather than a RM/PB style.

#10 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Well, if he was considered perhaps he'd bring something original to the part?

#11 jorgem

jorgem

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

According to my observation, Henry Cavill will become the Pierce Brosnan of Superman. If we compare the Superman actors of Bond actors here's the list

George Reeves is the BARRY NELSON of Superman
Christopher Reeve is the Sean Connery of Superman
Brandon Routh is the George Lazenby/Timothy Dalton of Superman

Well in the Smallville TV Series, which will end on May 2011, I always think that Tom Welling is the Roger Moore of Superman. He's hot and long lasting!

Edited by jorgem, 10 April 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#12 Virgosy

Virgosy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

I agree.

So do I. Fassbender gets my vote for beeing Bond 7.

#13 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Booo! Hisss!

j/k. Good post regardless.

#14 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

According to my observation, Henry Cavill will become the Pierce Brosnan of Superman. If we compare the Superman actors of Bond actors here's the list

George Reeves is the BARRY NELSON of Superman
Christopher Reeve is the Sean Connery of Superman

Well in the Smallville TV Series, which will end on May 2011, I always think that Tom Welling is the Roger Moore of Superman. He's hot and long lasting!

What about Bud Collyer (radio, '40s movie cartoon voice, '60s cartoon voice), Kirk Allyn (movie serial) and Dean Cain ('90s television)? (since we're bringing up former Supermen)? ;)

#15 Davy

Davy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

I like Cavill a lot and think if they really wanted a young Bond EON should have cast him in 2005. I love Craig but he was older than Connery was when he started so it's not exactly the yung Bond we're seeing on screen.

#16 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

It's shame he's Supes really, I always had him pegged as an obvious future Bond - not that I've seen him in much/anything (not to sure which, so perhaps shouldn't really opine...)