Moonraker game

15 replies to this topic

#1 bondfan23

bondfan23

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

I was watching Moonraker the other night and got too thinking on how great of a game it would be! Anyone else agree with me on Moonraker making a great video game!

#2 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

It's a possibility, but quite frankly I'd like to see a game adaption of On Her Majesty's Secret Service first before a game adaption of Moonraker.

#3 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

Hmmm...isn't Nightfire enough like Moonraker though? They both go into space, and well Nightfire was just a plain awesome game in my opinion. A lot of variety.

#4 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:23 AM

Nightfire is Moonraker but updated and scored with themes from Thunderball. I just want to have a proper ski sequence in a Bond game. That'd be fun. A direct adaptation of OHMSS? No. An updated, Goldeneye Wii style version with Craig? I honestly could stomach that.

#5 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

I could see an updated Wii version of MR with Craig - it'd likely not see Bond venture into space, probably ending at the shuttle launch site (if it even features shuttles) but there's a lot of promise for game playing scenes in the California, Venice, Rio and the Amazon sequences as well as any additional locations.

#6 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

It's a possibility, but quite frankly I'd like to see a game adaption of On Her Majesty's Secret Service first before a game adaption of Moonraker.

It would be the most boring game ever. "Research heraldry. Be sure to memorise it all, because one small slip will mean Blofeld catches you out!"

#7 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

It would be the most boring game ever. "Research heraldry. Be sure to memorise it all, because one small slip will mean Blofeld catches you out!"

I don't know - there could be some sort of mini-game where you need to read some information about crests, then it gives you a crest and three or four options of the family to which it belongs and you need to match it up with the right family.

#8 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Elements of Moonraker has been used in the orignal Goldeneye in the level Aztec and in Nightfire.

I like terminus' idea as I think Remaking bond films with Craig in video game quite a fun idea.

Edited by CardShark, 04 January 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#9 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

Elements of Moonraker has been used in the orignal Goldeneye in the level Aztec and in Nightfire.

I like terminus' idea as I think Remaking bond films with Craig in video game quite a fun idea.

I think so also, of course with more elements of actions and more of the Bond character. (by that I mean how Craig plays Bond, showing more depth as oppose to Roger's, even though I like him). The movie moonraker to me was so bland I guess you could say. In the game they have to up everything! Of course they aren't making decisions on our opinions of the CBN forums.

#10 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

To true to true. My secret wish is looking at the new footage of Bond runing through a middle easten city and on rooftops is that the new game is a remake of the Living Daylights updated for Daniel Craig. I mean Sure A Dalton or Moore or Lazneby game would be cool but int terms of being Practical I see why they want Craig to be well bond period (in movie and video games) And since i love the stories and actually enjoyed playing Goldeneye Why not create 2 games per year one brand new (like bloodstone) and one a remake of an older Film (like The living Daylights Moonraker or even On her Majesties Secret Service, a film which I would love to see redone with Daniel Craig).

Edited by CardShark, 04 January 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#11 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

hmmm....on her majesty's secret service, with Craig. I am having a hard time picturing him in that one, especially at the end. I suppose people could make it work; instead of SPECTRE have Quantum, now that would be interesting.

#12 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Like I said it would be different but it's a great script the locations are gorgous Quantum would work well in it and as a film not much need to be changed to fit Craig.

Come on I can't be the only one Picturing sneaking around Piz gloria no weapons avoiding gaurds like splinter cell trying to get info on the Mysterious Dr who runs it Gutham Von Shatterhand (I'm unsure if blofield can or can't be used)

Edited by CardShark, 04 January 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#13 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

That sounds quite cool Cardshark

#14 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

An interesting twist to plot could be that it's exclusively women. I mean without Blofeld acting as some other doctor, but instead a woman (I think it's be rumored a woman like rachel weisz maybe head of quantum) and she knows who Bond is but is playing along, while Bond knows he's supposed to spy on her but doesn't have a who she is when he first arrives....maybe I am going on a rant

#15 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

I can not find this game anywhere !!!! :angry: :D

Oh we're sorry, this isn't a game, just a thought of one. Wishful thinking purely on our part.
Sorry!

#16 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

I think it would be interesting to see what Bond and Non bond games people wish existed.

Case in point my favourite film of 2010 was not Inception but actually The A-team I would love a 3rd person shooter based on the A-team where you can play Single Player or multiplayer utlizing each of the team's abilities to finnish levels. I would also allow like Teenage mutant ninja turtles arcade the ability to split up levels in some cases and play as all 4 at certain points. The game would featue the film likenesses (so Liam Neeson provding Voice and Likeness Bradley Cooper Quinton Ramgage Jacson and Sharlto copley) but the plot (while touching on the film) would be largely orignal.

I realize I'm not only getting off topic but I'm sure I'm the only one who would want it :D

Back on topic Craig in a revamped Moonraker The Living Daylights On Her majesties Secret Service and Diamonds Are forever (focusing more on the novel then the film) would be quite cool and I'd buy and play them