8 replies to this topic

#1 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:34 AM

I was thinking about this today, if they were to do 007 in New York then they should do the Gun barrel in the start of the movie and have Bond walking in the streets of New York and have the gun barrel be the gun of a hitman or someone who has a part in the movie, or affiliated with Quantum or a powerful gang of somesort that needs to be dealt with. After bond shoots him, bond should walk up to the guy and should say a funny one liner and then they should do a close up of the guy that bond shot, then all of a sudden a group of bad guys start shooting at bond and then bond gets out of there in his fast Aston martin, and another famous chase sequences endures for 2011, after bond takes care of them it should cut into the main title sequence, yes i know it kind of sounds like the beginning of Quantum of Solace but hey it's only an idea.

#2 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

I'd like to see the return of the traditional gunbarrell preface and music but yeah there is scope to incorporate it into the action a bit more directly (as CR cleverly proved), the gunbarrel reimagined so to speak ^^.

#3 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

It should start like this, the gun barrel begins, little circles go across the screen as the gun barrel comes bond is walking in the crowd somewhere and but turns around all suave and bond like and drops him in one shot. That how they should do it, i never understood why bond was always in a white room for the gun barrel, it would be more realistic if he didnt have the white background and had the scene of what was going on in the movie.

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Do you find that James Bond firing directly down a gunbarrel is more realistic than a white backdrop?

#5 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

It should start like this, the gun barrel begins, little circles go across the screen as the gun barrel comes bond is walking in the crowd somewhere and but turns around all suave and bond like and drops him in one shot. That how they should do it, i never understood why bond was always in a white room for the gun barrel, it would be more realistic if he didnt have the white background and had the scene of what was going on in the movie.

And the whole pop art statement that is James Bond and is personified in that one bit of design is lost. Having anyone or anything else in the moment sort of ruins and dilutes the man alone notion too.

#6 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

I get your point now Zorn, Well if they keep the white background at least put it at the beginning of the movie lol But i would like to see what it would look like if they did do it.

#7 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

It should start with Bond using a jetpack up to the top of the Empire State Building in pursuit of the deadly Quantum assassin King Kong.

#8 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

It should start with Bond using a jetpack up to the top of the Empire State Building in pursuit of the deadly Quantum assassin King Kong.

Shhh George Lucas is developing the script for Indy 5, this could be the perfect way for him to 'top' the atmomic explosion Fridge sequence!

#9 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

Here's bond in New York for ya :

http://i42.tinypic.com/2eann2p.png

I know it says property of a lady but just imagine big building in the background lol

Edited by BryanHerbert, 25 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.