6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 07:51 PM

There have been a lot of Bond girls rumoured and most recent are obviously Mariah Carey and Daisy Lang. So what do you think of these or who do you think should be the next Bond girls. I am not sure about the two rumoured recently, Both are good looking but I not sure if they would make good actresses especially Mariah Carey.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 11:05 PM

I just posted this news (and a pile of other) on the main page of the site! So check the full report there.

But I've noticed an interesting thread. She's a boxer. If you remember my report, "British Babe Kirsty Gallacher Becomes Bond Girl", it mentioned that Gallacher would play a kick boxing baddie.

An interesting tie isn't it.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 10:13 AM

Exactly my thoughts rubixcub. It's an interesting tie between the two. But perhaps just a thing that a PR agent thought we would notice - but then again, are they that clever?

Anyway, here's the piucture of her that you sent in to me :) Thank you!

Posted Image

#4 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 07:11 PM

You know, as always, German papers know more. Daisy Lang was promoted in some German news papers as Bond baddie, alongside Kirsty Gallacher. But the papers write a lot of nonsense. For example, one paper reported:

Pierce Brosnan will play James Bond. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston will play the Bond girls, Kirsty Gallacher and Daisy Lang the baddies, Nigel Havers the main villain, Robbie Williams will sing the title song of the 20th James Bond Film which is called "Beyond The Ice" and will be directed by Brett Ratner.

You see, what to believe and what not...

Regards,
Tim Roth, Germany
http://www.jamesbond007-online.de

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 08:16 PM

Mr Trump (15 Jul, 2001 09:00 p.m.):
There have been a lot of Bond girls rumoured and most recent are obviously Mariah Carey and Daisy Lang.

I think the Mariah Carey rumour is either:
a) Carey's PR ppl playing catch up with her bitter enemy Houston
:) Someone in the background stirring things up to motivate Houston to sign.
c) some German paper having nothing to fill their columns with again.

I'd have Mariah over Whitney any day of the week, but I'd rather have someone better suited to the role!

As for Daisy Lang. Who knows.. The boxing thing I mentioned on another thread may be the only thing stopping this from being yet another unfounded rumour aimed purely at increasing the visibility of a D-list celeb (Darcey Bussel anyone? =)

#6 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 01:14 AM

Blue Eyes (16 Jul, 2001 12:05 a.m.):
I just posted this news (and a pile of other) on the main page of the site! So check the full report there.

But I've noticed an interesting thread. She's a boxer. If you remember my report, "British Babe Kirsty Gallacher Becomes Bond Girl", it mentioned that Gallacher would play a kick boxing baddie.

An interesting tie isn't it.

I noticed that too. Perhaps negotiations fell through with Kirsty for the kick-boxing henchwoman role and now they're looking at Daisy for it. After all, it would seem suspicious if they were hiring two lady athletes with little or no acting experience to play female villains.

Dave

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 01:59 AM

Tim. Do you mean they've been plugging this rumour for sometime now or is it just a resent inclusion in Germany as well?