#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

Gemma Arterton: from Bond girl to Clash of the Titans

Since her breakthrough as a Bond girl in Quantum of Solace, Gemma Arterton has moved on apace, mixing mega-budget Hollywood with low-cost Isle of Man. Craig McLean meets an actress destined not merely to be remembered as Strawberry Fields for ever.

June 2009, Shepperton Studios, Surrey. On the set of Clash of the Titans, a toga-clad Gemma Arterton is gracefully evoking the aura of a mysterious spiritual guide while clutching a script and an iPhone. She is playing the 'wise and ethereal' Io in this big-budget remake of the cult 1981 film based on the myth of Perseus, Zeus's mortal son who leads a band of warriors to defeat Hades, battling Medusa and the Kraken along the way. She shares the screen with Avatar's Sam Worthington (as Perseus), Liam Neeson (Zeus), Ralph Fiennes (Hades) and, courtesy of the 85 special-effects and animation teams employed by the director Louis Leterrier, a menagerie of fantastical creatures.

'I've always played quite feisty characters,' Arterton says. 'And Io is feisty, but there's a real subtext going on with her. I was really interested in playing that in contrast to anything I've done before. And anyway, Clash of the Titans was my favourite film when I was a kid, so I just really wanted to be involved in it. I would have been a spear-carrier.'

Arterton, 24, has enjoyed a remarkable career since graduating from Rada in 2007. Early roles came in Stephen Poliakoff's TV film Capturing Mary (a part she filmed while still a student) and the 2007 St Trinian's remake. But she leapt to public attention when she played Strawberry Fields in 2008's Quantum of Solace.

It was a small role – one that, naturally, involved a sex scene with Daniel Craig's 007 – but not a fluffy one: Arterton revealed mettle behind the glamour. In the title role in the BBC's 2008 production of Tess of the D'Urbervilles she gave an emotive and intuitive performance, offering a brilliant showcase of her raw but confident acting skills.

Eight months after our encounter in Ancient Greece, I meet Arterton again in a modern Chinese restaurant in central London. She is enjoying the calm before the storm. Clash of the Titans will be released next month, swiftly followed by her second blockbuster of 2010, Prince of Persia, in which she plays an all-action priestess opposite Jake Gyllenhaal...

Read more...

http://commanderbond...quicknews/57584 - Telegraph

#2 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

http://www.dailymail...s-premiere.html

Gemma Arterton leads the red carpet parade in fishnet dress at Clash Of The Titans premiere

By Chris Johnson
Last updated at 8:00 PM on 29th March 2010

On a night when most of her co-stars joined her in wearing black, Gemma Arterton still managed to steal the limelight as she slipped into a fishnet-style dress.

The actress turned heads as she hit the red carpet for the premiere of her new film Clash Of The Titans in London's Leicester Square tonight.

Bond Girl Gemma, 24, showed her British grit as she braved the brisk chill and drizzly weather in the flesh-baring ensemble, which came complete with fishnet panels.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Kent-born star teamed her Gucci dress with Tiffany jewellery and a pair of Greek sandal-inspired towering heels.

But after taking time to sign autographs for fans, Gemma, who had to rush off early, was late for the start of her West End show, The Little Dog Laughed, at the Garrick Theatre.

American actress Alexa Davalos, one of Gemma's co-stars in Titans, wore a black Grecian-style dress while British-born talent Jane March slipped into a LBD and patterned tights.

Posted Image

Monster-slaying movie Clash Of The Titans - a remake of the 1981 film starring Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith and Harry Hamlin - also counts Avatar actor Sam Worthington amongst its cast.

The 3D epic sees Worthington take on the role of Perseus, the son of Zeus.

The 33-year-old Australian actor, who also starred in Terminator Salvation, trained six hours a day for two months to get in shape.

As a sandal-wearing sword-wielding man-god, he leads a daring band of warriors against monsters, demons and beasts.

Posted Image

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:47 AM

Looking good. B)

#4 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander