Photo

Help! TWINE N64 mission 13

6 replies to this topic

#1 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 01:55 AM

Okay, I boarded the sub. Then I shoot the guard camped under the ladder. Then another guard appears and says, "there's an intruder! Sound the alarm!" Red lights flash. A horrible, nonstop noise goes off. One nanosecond later I'm surrounded by enemies with powerful guns. Then I hear the awful death music and see the transparent blood flow down the screen.

HELP!! This level is so frustrating. :mad:

#2 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:52 PM

If my memory serves me correctly, its better to use the silenced Walther on this level, if it isn't already, to get it, just hold down Z and B, I think... Anyway, after you take out the guard under the ladder, turn round and there should be a red button on the wall, which is the alarm, so you deactivate it with the watch laser. Then, if anybody sees you on the ship, try to shoot them before they rasie the alarm, and after you've killed them, deactivate the other alarms (they all look the same in the sub), hope that helps:)

#3 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 10:05 PM

It also helps a lot if you use your X-Ray Specs. They come in very handy on that level.:)

#4 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 12:13 AM

I forgot to tell you, I did silence my P2K. And I didn't use the powerful weapons (MB POW90, Frinesi Special 12) because they weren't silenced. And since I didn't know where the location of the alarms were, enemies were running toward alarms I didn't see. It's not like Midnight Departure's alarms! Just put a bullet in them and they'll explode.

Thanks anyway for your time. I appreciate it. :)

#5 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 05:20 PM

never happened to me that way, i looked down, killed the gaurd, went down and no one else was down there so i started to look around, and entered rooms and that is where i found more people killed them, and then finished the mission

#6 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 05:34 PM

Uses the silent Walther PPk on that mission as much as possible. If the alarm goes of try to find the alarm the guard set of and turn if off or shoot it, I pretty sure that should kill the alarm. You have to find the exact alarm he pushed, any other one won't do.

#7 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the information, members. I have beat the level. Now I'm stuck on Meltdown. Go read my other post ("New problem: Meltdown"). Also, the alarms refuse to blow up; I just hear a clanking noise. I'd rather press Start, take a deep breath, equip my Laser Watch from the Weapons menu and go disable the alarms. I beat the level using just the Wolfram P2K and Munitions Belgique POW90.

I also think, that for a stealth mission the doors in the sub open pretty loudly. Still, ever shot a man on a metal floor? I love the sound :) when his body goes "clank" against the metal.