Ian Fleming's From Russia with Love - Penguin Decades

34 replies to this topic

#31 zerominus

zerominus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Saw a copy the other day, the page edges all looked irregular on the side opposite spine. Can anyone who has a copy tell me, was this an error copy that had slipped through or is this the style of the 'inked' series?

#32 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Just ordered my copy from Amazon.com! :D

#33 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

My copy of the Penguin Ink From Russia, With Love just arrived and I was blown away by the amount of detail and superior materials that were used in the making of this edition. It's a paperback (thick, expensive paper) made to look like an old-school hardback book. It even has the inside flaps and unevenly cut pages (that is no production mistake)! It also has a hand drawn image on the back cover, which I had not seen before.

If you don't have this in your collection already, you need to get it ASAP! It makes the Fahey From Russia, With Love I have on my shelf look like a crappy old Signet edition. :P

#34 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

My copy of the Penguin Ink From Russia, With Love just arrived and I was blown away by the amount of detail and superior materials that were used in the making of this edition. It's a paperback (thick, expensive paper) made to look like an old-school hardback book. It even has the inside flaps and unevenly cut pages (that is no production mistake)! It also has a hand drawn image on the back cover, which I had not seen before.

If you don't have this in your collection already, you need to get it ASAP! It makes the Fahey From Russia, With Love I have on my shelf look like a crappy old Signet edition. :P

I fully agree with you. Just got my copy and it's wonderful. Very distinct cover art. Thinking of buying a second copy as this may be a limited edition with the potential to become scarce in future (although i'm not sure of the print run.

I encourage everyone to get it!

#35 Grackles

Grackles

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

I don't like either cover, but the first one is horrendous. CB.n's and MI6's fan fiction covers are far superior to whatever two minute job that was. Somebody got paid for that!?

The second doesn't strike my fancy either, but at least it's an original work rather than the laziest photoshop job I've ever seen in my life.