10 replies to this topic

#1 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

when they cut the man's heart out in the pre-teaser - i swear his screams were louder on the dvd than they were on the blu-ray

or is it just me

the picture is okay - an upgrade over the dvd but nothing in the scale of Dr. No or Thunderball

BUT the sound is awesome - there tends to be more more instruments appearing in the music

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

when they cut the man's heart out in the pre-teaser - i swear his screams were louder on the dvd than they were on the blu-ray

or is it just me

Uncompressed audio?

#3 Marcato

Marcato

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

if that was the case should he not be screamin loud on the blu-ray - you can better hear him on the dvd

#4 Genuine Felix Leiter

Genuine Felix Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone know when LTK, or even TLD will be released in the UK, or even better if the releases in America are multi-region (ABC)? Any help would be great, thanks.

#5 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Does anyone know when LTK, or even TLD will be released in the UK, or even better if the releases in America are multi-region (ABC)? Any help would be great, thanks.

I don't think anyone here on CBn can accurately say when further Blu-ray discs are going to be available.
I checked by a link kindly provided on the 'James Bond on Blu-ray thread' if the LTK Blu-ray could be played on my UK Blu-ray player and, if I recall correctly, it won't spin on it so I didn't order it.

#6 Genuine Felix Leiter

Genuine Felix Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

I don't think anyone here on CBn can accurately say when further Blu-ray discs are going to be available.
I checked by a link kindly provided on the 'James Bond on Blu-ray thread' if the LTK Blu-ray could be played on my UK Blu-ray player and, if I recall correctly, it won't spin on it so I didn't order it.

Damn, thanks for the reply, though.

#7 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

It is region A locked so, unfortunately, it doesn't even work on those region free players.

#8 Genuine Felix Leiter

Genuine Felix Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

It is region A locked so, unfortunately, it doesn't even work on those region free players.

Ah well, just have to hop Fox see fit to release it on Region B at some point then, thanks for letting me know Professor Dent.

#9 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:15 AM

I really enjoyed seeing License to Kill on blu ray for the first time. I have seen the film many times, but I have to say this was the best I have ever seen and heard the film look. I can't say enough about how awesome the Bond films look on blu ray. Both in terms of picture clarity and detail but also with the DTS HD Master Audio tracks they are so rich and clear sounding. amazing!

Not sure about the comment about the scream level. I'll have to check that out at some point to comment further.

#10 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Ah well, just have to hop Fox see fit to release it on Region B at some point then, thanks for letting me know Professor Dent.

For those of us in Region B both LTK and TMWTGG are available in Blu-Ray, just not in the UK. Both can be purchased in France. Amazon.fr will post them to the UK for a not unreasonable postage charge. The discs play fine in UK players, with all the menus and features/film being in English. The only difference is the front cover has the french titles for the films (Permis De Tuer and L'Homme au Pistolet D'Or) instead of the English. Having said that, LTK is currently unavailable to order on amazon.fr; but TMWTGG is and LTK can be acquired as part of a boxset with QOS and TMWTGG

#11 Genuine Felix Leiter

Genuine Felix Leiter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

For those of us in Region B both LTK and TMWTGG are available in Blu-Ray, just not in the UK. Both can be purchased in France. Amazon.fr will post them to the UK for a not unreasonable postage charge. The discs play fine in UK players, with all the menus and features/film being in English. The only difference is the front cover has the french titles for the films (Permis De Tuer and L'Homme au Pistolet D'Or) instead of the English. Having said that, LTK is currently unavailable to order on amazon.fr; but TMWTGG is and LTK can be acquired as part of a boxset with QOS and TMWTGG

Thanks for that oatesy.