#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 08:19 PM

What are peoples thoughts on this:

Oh yeah, there is a mini tank that you can control. It is in all of the levels I played, and you can drive it one way, look another, and shoot. It fires a high-energy projectile that explodes. It is cool.

I doubt it would be an actual tank shaped thing - it would just be really naf to have in the game...could it be a gadget? Perhaps "Q's Pet" that we see in AVTAK? It could be an adapted gadget like that?

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:30 PM

As far as it sounds Dave, it's a real tank in the game. And I welcome it, ala GoldenEye who wouldn't want to go driving down a street creating mayhem.

#3 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:39 PM

If anyone has played Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 then they'll know what I'm about to say. From what I heard is that there is a rocket launcher that you can control by a tv screen or something. A "Guided Rocket" of some sort. There was one in Perfect Dark, the Slayer. Maybe that is it.

~LTK~

#4 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 11:08 PM

I think you're right LTK! I do recall the slayer (had TONS of fun with that weapon on the complex level remake in PD). You would be creeping around a corner, then there is a missle just sitting there, staring you in the face moving slowly towards you. I always thought that to be a tad creepy (unless you were the guy with the slayer of course :) ). Judging by the screens that Dave posted in another thread, they are definately guided missles ala "the slayer".

Rich

#5 mike_thedude

mike_thedude

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:31 AM

Ya The "slayer" looks really cool, it was also called the redeamer in unreal III but i dont think that is the tank form what gamespot has said i think its the same idea as goldeneye but in mp. Two thumbs up from my opinion.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, I'd love a tanl on *some* levels, but not on all of them. I mean, it could just be coincidence, that the levels he played on actually were the right scene for a tank, but - a tank in Fort Knox? :)