This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Never Dream of Dying; Reviews & Ratings

1 reply to this topic

Poll: How do you rate 'Never Dream of Dying'?

How do you rate 'Never Dream of Dying'?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:54 AM

Posted Image

This thread is intended for reviews and ratings of Never Dream Of Dying by members of the The Blades Library Book Club here. Be sure to add your review if you do vote in the poll!

The Blades Library Book Club will be reading Never Dream Of Dying from:
17 August 2009 - 15 October 2009

#2 silver beast

silver beast

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Having read though all the Bond books a little over two years ago, I remember Never Dream of Dying to be one of my favorites. It has several memorable quotes such as from page 11, "Bond was quite accustomed to guilt. It was part of his profession. In his business people lived or they died. It was that simple. His actions had consequences, and bearing the weight of those repercussions was just another part of the job. The trick was learning to live with it." I think it is meaningful for me because I am an emergency physician.

One interesting thing I noticed involved the mental image of Bond in my head. With my first read through the books the image was that of Sean Connery. After reading through the first few chapters in this re-read, I suddenly realized that Bond now looked like Daniel Craig. Not sure why, but the other actors just never seemed to fit with the way the literary Bond was written. Daniel seems to fit just fine.

Edited by silver beast, 01 September 2009 - 10:34 PM.