#1 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:33 PM

Hey,

have we had any word yet on what the system requirements are going to be for the PC version of Nightfire? My PC isnt particulary powerful, the last game i bought was No One Lives Forever, which was ages ago, that ran fine, i had Operation: Flashpoint too, but that didnt run very well, that was a game for up-to-date machines though.

Anyways, any ideas?

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:43 PM

No idea. Most games are work on anything at around 450Mhz up - you'd just need to set all the settings down to low to keep the game running smoothly.

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 07:16 PM

IGN mentioned that the target PC requirements for 500mhz Pentium III (or equivalent) and a 16 MB video card.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:10 PM

Hey I must just be able to run it then :)

#5 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:42 PM

I just hope the online requirements aren't too steep. Ever play Jedi Outcast without a broadband connection? It's terrible. Yet Ghost Recon plays fine at 56K.
I have broadband but steep connection requirements limit the amount of players and personally, I'd rather see more players than extra eye-candy.

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:59 PM

Yeah, that may be one big downside to the MP side of the game, thanks for bringing that up newest007...

Anyone who has 56K - update to Broadband quickly :) you've got around a month - just in case :)

#7 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 12:07 AM

coooooool.... :cool: I can run this game! Looks like I'll be buying the PC version to play over my DSL and to get all the maps based on bond films that are sure to be available from fans after the release. Hmmm, maybe I'll get it for my PS2 as well.

Rich

#8 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 12:37 AM

I can't wait! I got two new computers this weekend and they and the one I've had that I'm keeping will almost undoubtedly run it.

All connected to my home network. Can we say...LAN party? :)

#9 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 09:49 AM

ok, I have the confirmed system requirements from Gearbox:

CPU: Pentium III or AMD 500mhz
MEMORY: 128MB RAM
GRAPHICS CARD: 16 MB
DIRECT X: 8.1

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 11:23 AM

Ah that sound alright :)

#11 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 12:44 PM

If you're on the border of those requirements, you'd just need to change the graphics level to low for it to play smoothly.

#12 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 04:35 PM

Adding memory is a cheap upgrade for those systems that meet the "required" but are below the "recommended" range. Doing that coupled with Dave's advice above can make a world of difference.

#13 fizscy46

fizscy46

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 08:12 PM

I got nightfire for pc recently, and I installed it all fine. Once with, and once without the movies. Both times it installed fine (I had to let it install direct x the first time), but after finishing, when I tried to play it, it started up almost normally, then came out with an error with a bunch of hex addresses. The only one I remember, is the one that probably tells me why it quit. It said 'osError [0x0]'. After selecting OK, bond.exe preformed an illegal operation. Until I restarted or reinstalled it, it would say this. If I restarted and run the game, it would go black and freeze completely. Both times it did all of this, with the same error
From this I believe that I don't have the required Windows. I have 98 SE and need to know if the game requires at least 2000. If it did, it would be the first game so it doesn't seem right for that to be it. If anyone had this error and was able to get the game going, please tell me, I spent $60 (Canadian) on it. Thanks!

BTW, I have the requirements, 128 video card, 256 meg ram, and intel xeon @ 6 Ghz, and whatever the 4th was, I have that too.

#14 Entropic Decay

Entropic Decay

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 10:06 PM

nah i think the mininum video card requerments is 32 mb card...

#15 fizscy46

fizscy46

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 10:17 PM

yah, I have 128 meg video card