3 replies to this topic

#1 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone noticed how many channels are playing the Bond movies? In recent years it was mostly Spike. This year i have seen USA, Bravo, even some local channels playing the movies. Anyone have thoughts on this being good or bad?

#2 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

They are playing on all the NBC Universal owned channels. I'm glad they are off of Spike because they had way too many commercials in them. It almost seemed like it was double the amount on any other network. You could read how much they are playing both ways. Nice to come across a Bond movie now & again when you were expecting it. I still liked when TBS had them & they would do the 15 Days of 007 marathons. Ahhh, the good old days. B)

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

They are playing on all the NBC Universal owned channels. I'm glad they are off of Spike because they had way too many commercials in them. It almost seemed like it was double the amount on any other network. You could read how much they are playing both ways. Nice to come across a Bond movie now & again when you were expecting it. I still liked when TBS had them & they would do the 15 Days of 007 marathons. Ahhh, the good old days. B)

Yeah, I remember those TBS marathons. They were pretty fun.

#4 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Yeah the TBS marathons were great. I'm not sure that Universal is showing them with fewer commercials or not. I ran into TWINE a few weeks ago on Bravo, and just in a few minutes noticed several things cut out, for time. One was Q's exit.