This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The OHMSS Finalists - Who is Robert Campbell?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'm guessing that most of us will have seen those classic Life pics that show the five OHMSS finalists and the Bond screen tests of some of them. In case anybody hasn't seen them here they are -

http://images.google.....q=source:life

Of the four beaten finalists John Richardson is easily the most recognisable, at least to Brits as his Hammer films One Million Years BC and She are often repeated on UK TV. Hans De Vries I'm vaguely familiar with as he used to crop up in minor parts on classic shows like UFO and Randall & Hopkirk Deceased. Here he is in on the right in a pic with Mike Pratt of Randall & Hopkirk fame, although the pic is actually from UFO.

Posted Image

I had no idea who Anthony Rogers is but it doesn't take long to find out some info on him. Here he is as a doctor in classic western El Dorado from about 1:24 in.

This leaves Robert Campbell about whom I can find nothing at all. There doesn't even appear to be an IMDb entry for him. Was this guy even an actor? From the pics, I'd say of all the beaten finalists he had the best look for Bond. Perhaps Cubby liked the look of him, but ultimately his acting just wasn't good enough. Does anyone have any info on Campbell, his background, and how he came to be a Bond finalist? One also wonders if there had been problems with Lazenby, which one of the other four would have got the gig.

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

He's Ewan Stewart's dad.

#3 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

He's Ewan Stewart's dad.

Not true. Andy Stewart of Donald Where's Your Troosers? fame is the father of Ewan Stewart. Campbell is the father of Finlay Light who emigrated to Australia when he developed a dislike of his father's meatballs.