http://www.gossipcop...-movie-skyfall/

#422 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

"Daniel Craig “refused to get into costume to film a swimming-pool scene” at the Four Seasons hotel in London because it was “too dirty.”

Well, we've seen the set pictures of him in swimming trunks, so it couldn't of been that dirty.

Edited by Mharkin, 12 December 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#423 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Daily Star have taken it down because it is total lies.

So they’ve removed it, have they?
How very telling.

I think Virgin Active and the Four Seasons should take action against this scurrilous article – it’s intended to be spiteful towards Craig but does not seem to care that it actually slanders a couple of businesses in the process. (well, liable as it's written).
The Star freely admits to making stuff up, they even seem proud of the fact, well, someone should show them that they can’t.

#424 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

I think Virgin Active and the Four Seasons should take action against this scurrilous article – it’s intended to be spiteful towards Craig but does not seem to care that it actually slanders a couple of businesses in the process. (well, liable as it's written).
The Star freely admits to making stuff up, they even seem proud of the fact, well, someone should show them that they can’t.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the maximum amount of damages that a newspaper can be made to pay out is capped. Come to think of it, it might have been around the time some of the tabloids were reporting that a peaceful labour union march in Panama City was actually a violent gang war in Colon, with production of QUANTUM OF SOLACE caught up in the middle of it, after inadvertently starting it. It caused a lot of distress to the families of the film-makers, but no-one took any action against them because of the cap. All The Daily Star would have to do is draw things out long enough that Virgin Active/Four Seasons' legal costs outweighed the payout limit, and they're laughing. It's the reason why tabloids can print the crap they do: it's not worth going after them.

#425 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Anyone who lives outside the UK should check out The Leveson Inquiry videos on youtube. You'll get a better idea of how our so called 'press' operates.

#426 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the maximum amount of damages that a newspaper can be made to pay out is capped. Come to think of it, it might have been around the time some of the tabloids were reporting that a peaceful labour union march in Panama City was actually a violent gang war in Colon, with production of QUANTUM OF SOLACE caught up in the middle of it, after inadvertently starting it. It caused a lot of distress to the families of the film-makers, but no-one took any action against them because of the cap. All The Daily Star would have to do is draw things out long enough that Virgin Active/Four Seasons' legal costs outweighed the payout limit, and they're laughing. It's the reason why tabloids can print the crap they do: it's not worth going after them.

...and unsurprisingly enough, it was the Star that started that stuff about Panama City and the gang war.

It can work out - Barbara Broccoli received substantial libel damages from the Mail earlier this year, which she gave to charity.

#427 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

...and unsurprisingly enough, it was the Star that started that stuff about Panama City and the gang war.

To start off with, it wasn't that bad. The original reports suggested that they had simply had some equipment stolen because they were shooting in a bad neighbourhood. But then they obviously decided to see how far they could push it - the next report claimed that production had paid off some local youths ot guard their equpiment. And the next said that those youths were members of a rival gang. It just kept escalating, and got to the point where Daniel Craig was supposedly using a prop gun to fend off a firefight.

#428 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Not strictly a tabloid rumour, because I came across this on the IMDB website today. According to the cast list on its Skyfall page, yet another famous name, Dame Maggie Smith is rumoured to be joining the film. Anyone out there able to corroborate this, or has IMDB got it wrong?

#429 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

The rumour first appeared on Facebook some time ago. It was promptly shot down. Whoever added it to IMdB obviously didn't get the message.

#430 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Why do people still look at imdb, rottentomatoes or wikipedia for cold, hard facts?

#431 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Well, I've been sitting on the Wikipedia page since its inception, making sure nothing is added that cannot be supported by a valid source.

#432 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well, I've been sitting on the Wikipedia page since its inception, making sure nothing is added that cannot be supported by a valid source.

Dude, you gotta relax.

#433 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

It's not like I'm there twenty-four hours a day. No, I usually check in once in the morning and once in the evening, just to make sure no unsubstantiated content has been added.

#434 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think he means in general. mate. You're going to get an aneurism at this rate.

#435 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Actually, I've had to do very little housekeeping on the Skyfall page, especially compared to some of the other pages that I've frequented.

#436 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

Thank you, MI6:

Music students had a laugh at the expense of the "Skyfall" cast and crew last week when shooting was taking place at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, London.

Sharp-eyed students spotted the production nearby and blasted a version of the famous James Bond Theme on trumpets out of their classroom's open windows.

An onlooker told The Sun: "The students thought it would be funny to pay tribute to the shoot but the noise actually disrupted filming."

"Some people on set found it funny but in the end the director, Sam Mendes, had to send a runner to the room to ask them to stop."

The newspaper claims Daniel Craig was on location, but it was Dame Judi Dench.

Yes, I credited MI6 where appropriate, James. But that's mostly because nobody else bothered to post it first.

#437 Compliments Of Sharkey

Compliments Of Sharkey

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

OK, first I've heard of this but it sounds like total tabloid cr#p to me.

http://www.entertain...avy-Budget-Cuts

#438 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

yeah i saw that too. that makes no sence. I say total BS.

#439 Compliments Of Sharkey

Compliments Of Sharkey

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

More Bognor!

According to website Laterooms.com, the town's hotels have seen a 40 per cent increase in bookings since it was revealed in January that filming was taking place there.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1paha3ICZ

Given that there will be some references to Bond's parents and possibly childhood in 'Skyfall', presumably they are shooting flashback scenes to Bond's happier days at the British seaside with his family.

I've not seen any confirmation that they are shooting anything of significance or otherwise in Bognor. So why does this rumor persist?

Edited by Compliments Of Sharkey, 19 March 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#440 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

No confirmation or credible reports that any scenes for SKYFALL have been shot in Bognor at all. This thread is the right one for all that stuff, in my opinion!

#441 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Spacey's Bond Dreams

23 June 2009 5:05 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey is urging James Bond bosses to consider him for a role in the next movie - because he has always dreamed of playing a 7 Things villain.

The Oscar winner played legendary comic book bad guy Lex Luthor in 2006's Superman Returns, and he now has set his sights on a role opposite Daniel Craig in the follow up to last year's Quantum of Solace.

Spacey insists playing an arch enemy of the suave secret agent is high on his list of priorities.

He says, "I would love to play the villain in Bond, but they haven't called yet."

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0846339/

Don't know about Kevin Spacey as a OO7 villain. ... can't see it.
I have fears he might trap himself between Lex Luthor & Verbal Kint.

#442 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

"There's not so flash hand-to-hand fighting, it's gone back to blowing stuff up – including London's Vauxhall Bridge."

Lovely.

Yes. That sounds inexpensive.

If only Derek Meddings were still alive...........

Edited by Miles Miservy, 19 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#443 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

I don't have a link for this one; I picked it up on another forum:

Daniel Craig reportedly has to report back to Rachel Weisz after filming sex scenes.

The 44-year-old actor apparently has to tell his wife every time he shoots an intimate sequence with Bond Girl Berenice Marlohe for Skyfall - the latest installment of the 007 franchise.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''In most of the hot bed scenes she's [Berenice] naked except for a tiny thong.

''It's no wonder he's been telling everyone on set he has to tell the missus every time they do 'one of those close-ups'.

''He reckons that he has been reporting faithfully on it to her.''

Daniel and Rachel - who played husband and wife in 2011 film Dream House - married in a private service in New York last June.

Minor story passed off as earth-chattering exclusive? Check.
Un-named sources that freely speak to the newspaper? Check.
Making Craig out to be thoroughly whipped? Double-check.

Yep, it's tabloid trash.

So why does this rumor persist?

I call it the Lewis Hamilton Effect: people are more likely to believe big lies when they are mixed in with small truths. The tabloids got a lot right about casting choices, and it was known that EON was looking at shooting in India back in September, but they withdrew. So they use that credibility to tell bigger and bigger lies, with the intention of taking any British sporting or cultural institution and driving it as hard and as far into the ground as they can, because they know that scandal sells more papers than anything else..