139 replies to this topic

#61 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

I would like to see him doing the film ASR before Bond. The storyline seems to be an interesting one, that would make a great film. Even if they go for a spring/summer 2011 release, he will have time for another film.

#62 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

I would like to see him doing the film ASR before Bond. The storyline seems to be an interesting one, that would make a great film. Even if they go for a spring/summer 2011 release, he will have time for another film.

#63 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

#64 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

http://www.twitpic.com/ez1zn

Latest: Jackman, Colin Hay (Men at Work)and Craig last night.

#65 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:59 AM

http://www.twitpic.com/ez1zn

Latest: Jackman, Colin Hay (Men at Work)and Craig last night.

"Fellow Aussies" Jackman and Craig? Strewth, mate!

Nice 'tache, anyway.

#66 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Wow, Craig definitely goes for another look here... And he does not look like he is already starting to bulk up again for Bond 23.

#67 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

Interesting pic. His build is fine there, If he used that for Bond 23, I'd be more than happy.

#68 Daltonfan

Daltonfan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Here's the first publicity photo.

#69 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Wow. Minus the mustache I love Craigs look there!

#70 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image
New Broadway play with Hugh Jackman debuts next month

#71 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

Wow. Minus the mustache I love Craigs look there!

The mustache is the best part. I'm not kidding. Of course it wouldn't work on Bond but it looks cool on Joey.

#72 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

I find the mustache hilarious, personally.

#73 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:25 AM

The moustache isn't bad. And Craig still manages to look good . . . even standing next to Jackman.

#74 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:39 AM

I was underwhelmed at first looking at that mustache, but in this shot, it seems to suit the character quite well. Cudos to DC to not go for the pretty look but rather for the more authentic one. Hughs Denny is the dominante figure of the play, but my guess is, DC´s Joey will be the one, who will draw more attention and sympathy. He can do hurt so well.. B)

#75 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

It's hard to believe that the short blond guy in mustache is the one playing Bond.

#76 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

It's hard to believe that the short blond guy in mustache is the one playing Bond.

Yeah - isn´t it just. We do know, how well he plays Bond and now some will see, how well he plays/is someone totally different.

#77 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

Does anyone have a plot description for this play? I've looked on Wikipedia but there ain't nothing there. I'd like to read a whole synopsis, spoilers and all, 'cause I figure I ain't gonna be getting on no plane to New York City any time soon.

What would be even better is, is the play online? Probably not, but I thought it was worth a try.

#78 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Craig is the man. Love the mustache. Reminds me of David Soul's on Starsky and Hutch. B)

#79 beezball

beezball

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

I actually have tickets to the Tuesday showing on 9/22. I definitely excited and will let you guys know my thoughts.

#80 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone have a plot description for this play? I've looked on Wikipedia but there ain't nothing there. I'd like to read a whole synopsis, spoilers and all, 'cause I figure I ain't gonna be getting on no plane to New York City any time soon.

What would be even better is, is the play online? Probably not, but I thought it was worth a try.

Even though short, this is what its all about.

During a routine domestic disturbance call, two seasoned policemen return a panic-stricken Vietnamese boy to a man claiming to be the boy's uncle. When the man is revealed to be a cannibalistic serial killer and the Vietnamese boy his latest victim, a lifelong friendship is put to the test when one of the two has to take the fall for the screw up.

This is a review from the Chicago Play, that pretty much tells you everything, you might like to know about the play. Sounds really, really interesting too.

Keith Huff's crackerjack two-hander "A Steady Rain" turns out to be less like the perpetual drizzle of its title and more like a snowball that builds to an avalanche. While Huff starts with a couple of familiar characters -- good-cop, bad-cop Chicago patrolmen with alcohol and racism issues -- he deepens them into complex figures, compellingly human even when at their most despicable. The adroit character development combines with a billowing narrative to deliver some rattling emotional crescendos.

Huff's story unfolds as two separate monologues that provide competing perspectives on a series of past events, but also occasionally merge into present-moment dialogue scenes.

Denny (Randy Steinmeyer) begins as the dominant figure, a cop who takes bribes and complains he keeps getting passed over for detective, which he believes is because he's white.

He's a classic cop gone bad, but Huff invests him both with a dynamic enough personality (helped by Steinmeyer's charismatic delivery), and with a generous side, which is shown in his commitment to keep his longtime partner Joey (Peter DeFaria) away from alcohol by inviting him for dinner almost every night.

Joey isn't so innocent either, but it's clear that without Denny he'd be a different kind of cop. He views the world through less tainted lenses, and, when it comes to Denny's family in particular, through rose-colored ones.

Huff possesses a persuasively deep understanding of what makes a Joey stick with a Denny and possibly follow him over a cliff. It's a relationship with myriad angles to it, and director Russ Tutterow and his cast deserve significant credit for capturing the full range.

There's respect that's really envy, loyalty that morphs into competitiveness, even a traditional male bonding that develops a tinge of loathing. It's all pretty twisted psychologically, and therefore wholly believable.

The story itself has a terrific build as Joey and Denny deal extensively with personal issues, which causes them to make a major mistake in the field and puts them on a collision course with each other. While he could maybe pull back on a contrivance or two, the playwright smartly sticks to his conceit of piling one worse complication on top of another, effectively investing "A Steady Rain" with genuine dramatic power and a sense of true tragedy.

Combo of genuinely rich characters and spiraling yarn make this a strong candidate for future production in the small-scale commercial sphere.

http://www.chicagodr...tml?playid=1270

Edited by Germanlady, 01 September 2009 - 06:35 AM.

#81 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

James Bond was tired. He knew his eyes showed his weariness.

He hadn't minded the job in New York. But why the hell had they had to partner him with this short, wiry chap with the moustache that was clearly the mark of a homosexual.

James Bond pitied homosexuals. But he didn't understand them. And he certainly had no intention of working with one.

#82 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

He hadn't minded the job in New York. But why the hell had they had to partner him with this short, wiry chap with the moustache that was clearly the mark of a homosexual.

James Bond pitied homosexuals. But he didn't understand them. And he certainly had no intention of working with one.

Too bad for James Bond, but maybe he is smart enough to not judge people by their look and tries out first, what this guy is capable of doing. He might be surprised. Has happened before B)

Edited by Germanlady, 01 September 2009 - 10:06 AM.

#83 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Then he realised he was one himself.

Posted Image

"The scent and smoke and sweat of a gay bar are nauseating at three in the morning ..."

#84 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

Looks like Craig is keeping in good shape. B)

Pic taken Wed 2nd, NY
Posted Image
Meeting Diddy.
Posted Image

Who can say that maybe Diddy might do the next theme? :tdown:

#85 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

Wow - looks great and look at this stache - not half bad either. I miss the tons of bodyguards though. I really wished he would start fighting this crap. Just once. Izs "He cannot drive a stick" all over again.

#86 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image
Daniel Craig shows off his new mustache and glasses as he heads to rehearsals for his upcoming Broadway play A Steady Rain in New York City on Thursday morning (September 3).

The 41-year-old British actor walked out of a building wearing a visitor badge from the Steiner Studios, which is located at the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard. Is that Daniel and co-star Hugh Jackman’s secret rehearsal space??

(Personally the man could wear a sack over his head and still look good...hey ho B) )

#87 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image
Daniel Craig shows off his new mustache and glasses as he heads to rehearsals for his upcoming Broadway play A Steady Rain in New York City on Thursday morning (September 3).

The 41-year-old British actor walked out of a building wearing a visitor badge from the Steiner Studios, which is located at the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard. Is that Daniel and co-star Hugh Jackman’s secret rehearsal space??

(Personally the man could wear a sack over his head and still look good...hey ho B) )

And he goes from looking good in the pics above to looking like an 80s pørn star again.

Edit:
I'm a bit curious, anyone here bought tickets yet? I'm looking now to find dates that work with my schedule and then I'm going to pray there's still at least one seat available on one of them. I imagine these are going fast.

#88 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

Try telecharge.com on the official ASR side. Its no problem finding out, what´s still available. There is another side I have seen and its about 6 +/- tickets per day available at that time a few days ago.

#89 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

Pretty buff - and that´s just prepping for a play. I guess his next Bond will be something close to both - CR and QOS.

Posted Image

Edited by Germanlady, 07 September 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#90 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Pretty buff - and that´s just prepping for a play. I guess his next Bond will be something close to both - CR and QOS.

Posted Image[/url]