#1 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

Here's a little tidbit I caught while watching TV tonight:

On tonight's episode of CSI: New York, the CSI team was looking for a unique weapon that doubled as both a knife and a gun and their search led them on a case that had ties to Nazi Germany.

Among their weapon options was the Apache (part knife, part gun, part knuckleduster) which was originally seen in Bond world in Charlie Higson's third novel, Double Or Die. In the scene, the Apache was briefly shown as an outline diagram on one of the CSI tech screens.

Needless to say, I got a little kick out of seeing it. Unfortunately, there was no mention of Higson or Young Bond on the show. :tdown: B)

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:26 AM

Good catch, Double-Oh Agent. This could be a fun story on my site. Is there a YouTube clip by any chance?

Thanks for calling this to our attention. One wonders where the writers got the idea...

#3 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

Good catch, Double-Oh Agent. This could be a fun story on my site. Is there a YouTube clip by any chance?

Thanks for calling this to our attention. One wonders where the writers got the idea...

Thanks zencat. No idea about a YouTube clip, but you're right, it is interesting to learn where they got the Apache idea. I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least one of the writers is a Bond fan and got the idea from Higson's book.

By the way, in the CSI: New York scene, it was mentioned that the Apache was an early 1900s weapon predominantly used by French gang members.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

Do you know the title of the CSI:NY episode, Double-Oh Agent?

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

The episode was titled ‘Yahrzeit’. As soon as they said the victim was stabbed and shot in the same spot I thought Apache, but they said the bullet was from a Luger so I doubted it. Shame they only used the Apache to show off that they (and the character) knew about it.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:10 AM

The episode was titled ‘Yahrzeit’.

Thanks Mr*. B)

#7 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

The episode was titled ‘Yahrzeit’. As soon as they said the victim was stabbed and shot in the same spot I thought Apache, but they said the bullet was from a Luger so I doubted it. Shame they only used the Apache to show off that they (and the character) knew about it.

You're a little better than me Mr. Asterix. I didn't think about the Apache until they started naming possible weapons. Nevertheless, I doubted that they would mention it seeing as it's so obscure. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it was revealed. Good for them. B)