4 replies to this topic

#1 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

As I was walking a few days ago down the Paddington rail station, I passed the Heathrow Express and a remarkable letter caught my eye:

http://www.flickr.co...eur/2513200406/

The 'Q' for the 'Quiet Zone' from the Heathrow Express.

As I always thought that this Quantum 'Q' was a designers work, I was quite surprised. Is there a trademarked font somewhere with this Q? Or did they just copy it?

#2 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

It does look somewhat simiar, but it's not identical. It's likely a coincidence. There are probably several, if not many, stylized fonts whose capital "Q" looks a lot like the Quantum one. Or if it was custom-designed, the designers of that logo and the film's logo happened to go for a comparable look. Not that it's impossible that one was directly inspired by the other. But I tend to think it was happenstance rather than coincidence.

#3 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

I've seen Qs that use a tilde in fonts for quite awhile. So it's probably just a coincidence.

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

I've seen Qs that use a tilde in fonts for quite awhile. So it's probably just a coincidence.

Posted Image

Yep. B)

#5 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

I was just about to post the Jacques bottles till i scrolled down, QOS was not the first to use such font.
But I found it odd the organization is Quantum and they have label pins with the letter 'Q' after all the letter has a huge significance to the Bond franchise already.....