#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

'Bond dropped me off a roof'

HE’S smashed his shoulder, broken both legs, fractured his pelvis and set fire to his face and hands.

It’s all in a days work for professional stunt man Derek Lea.

But the Quantum of Solace star is the first to admit the real British heroes are Our Boys and Girls fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

He is one of the most experienced stuntmen in the world, providing death defying tricks on numerous Hollywood blockbusters.

His latest cinema role saw him fighting Daniel Craig in the last 007 film, before plunging from the top of building and through the roof of a car.

But Derek, 45, says he has nothing but awe and admiration to for troops on the front line: “Being a stuntman has its dangers but what they are doing out there is astonishing. They don’t know where the next attack is coming from and that must be a hard environment to live in.”...

Read More...

http://commanderbond...n...&item=53975 - The Sun

#2 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

'Bond dropped me off a roof'

HE’S smashed his shoulder, broken both legs, fractured his pelvis and set fire to his face and hands.

It’s all in a days work for professional stunt man Derek Lea.

But the Quantum of Solace star is the first to admit the real British heroes are Our Boys and Girls fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

He is one of the most experienced stuntmen in the world, providing death defying tricks on numerous Hollywood blockbusters.

His latest cinema role saw him fighting Daniel Craig in the last 007 film, before plunging from the top of building and through the roof of a car.

But Derek, 45, says he has nothing but awe and admiration to for troops on the front line: “Being a stuntman has its dangers but what they are doing out there is astonishing. They don’t know where the next attack is coming from and that must be a hard environment to live in.”...

Read More...

http://commanderbond...n...&item=53975 - The Sun

If this is from The Sun then isn't it Tabloid Trash?
What are the guidelines for this anyway? Are there any?

'Bond dropped me off a roof' - I wish I was Bond for day.

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

It's not a well written segment but it is an interview with an actual actor who was in the film. This is they guy Bond dropped off the roof at Tosca, so it isn't really "trash" in the sense that it's made up.

#4 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

It's not a well written segment but it is an interview with an actual actor who was in the film. This is they guy Bond dropped off the roof at Tosca, so it isn't really "trash" in the sense that it's made up.

In my mind that would be trash then.

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Tabloid Trash is for things which are blatantly untrue, and tend to include the phrase "an insider tells us..." or "a source confirmed to us...". This is a proper interview, and includes quotes from the actor/stuntman himself. Also, I'd say that not everything from The Sun is necessarily trash. It's the content rather than the source which dicates whether something should or should not be considered 'Trash'.

#6 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Tabloid Trash is for things which are blatantly untrue, and tend to include the phrase "an insider tells us..." or "a source confirmed to us...". This is a proper interview, and includes quotes from the actor/stuntman himself. Also, I'd say that not everything from The Sun is necessarily trash. It's the content rather than the source which dicates whether something should or should not be considered 'Trash'.

Well all of that is subjective as we really don't know the truth either way, do we?
But thanks for your answer as I am wondering why some articles from these newspapers I post end up in the Trash Depot while other people seemingly get away with them staying under their own thread?
I will keep my own thoughts on that to myself.
Thanks for answering. B)

#7 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Well all of that is subjective as we really don't know the truth either way, do we?

There's a photo of him with the journalist. What do you reckon? They made it all up?

#8 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Which is which? I haven't seen QOS in ages, and both guys in the photos are making ridiculous faces... B)

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Which is which? I haven't seen QOS in ages, and both guys in the photos are making ridiculous faces... B)

The one who is not wearing a suit and actually looks like they could beat someone up.

#10 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

There's a photo of him with the journalist. What do you reckon? They made it all up?

I was meaning that in a broad sweeping statement.
I wanted to know the diff between trash and non trash on here, that's all.

There is after all, a fair degree of artistic and journalistic licence to any article printed. B)