great film,a bit to short

2 replies to this topic

#1 from kevin with love

from kevin with love

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

firstly,what a great action packed film,but..the opening car chase was great apart from there was to much gun fire which took the reality out of it,the music was fantastic,the film to me was old fashioned but up to date,with a mixture of,from russia with love,goldfinger and of course diamonds are forever,there could of been a bit more for more slower bits,like when bond meets m,he could of said something along the lines of,dont think q branch will be to happy ive wrecked the aston again,,but i thank the producers for taking on board the need to involve m more,and they did,and good that they kept the same continuity of keeping felix the same actor..and theres still scope to get to grips with mr white

#2 ElFenomeno

ElFenomeno

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

I felt like poor Gemma must've filmed about twice the number of scenes they actually showed, her part seemed to be cropped to death. I mean, she showed up, shagged Bond (with NO real sexual tension beforehand - it was just like "Oh look fields, we're in a pretty room"), tripped someone up and then got abandoned.

#3 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

I felt like poor Gemma must've filmed about twice the number of scenes they actually showed, her part seemed to be cropped to death. I mean, she showed up, shagged Bond (with NO real sexual tension beforehand - it was just like "Oh look fields, we're in a pretty room"), tripped someone up and then got abandoned.

FIELDS is part of the new shorthand of Bond films. Do we really need three scenes setting up sexual tension when it is sort of there from the off as BOND doesn't want his wings clipped by a young office girl. The cut to them in a post coital moment sort of says all you need to know - that BOND can bed whoever he wants and that FIELDS was the pushover we all knew she would be (she's hardly demurely dressed when we first encounter her).