B)

#32 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

As much as Olga was great to look at (nothing demeaning intended there) I think having her return in a major role would be defeatist.
I'm assuming that the next Bond will be a fresh start so maybe a quick return in a few scenes?
She wasn't killed off so that DOES give her an "in" with Camille but not all surviving characters are left alive for a purpose..we will probably be left with just our imaginations as to what became of her. B)
Sometimes it's better that way.

Sylvia Trench springs to mind. Anyway, I think the moies need to move away from the origins now and get back to business as usual. We now know and understand why Bond is the way he is, we've seen the layers and depths of his character, now, lets see the residual character carve it up the way he'd been doing it since '62. It's time for Craig to have some fun.

#33 Vanya86

Vanya86

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

Personally I don't like the idea. I don't want to write her off as just another Bond girl, because each one is unique. But at the same time she wasn't special, she didn't develop an especially meaningful relationship with Bond and they both went their separate ways at the end of the film
Also her motivation in QoS was revenge against Greene, not Quantum. As far as I'm concerned her story's over, any attempt to bring her back now would just feel contrived. She was a good character in QoS, but I think it's best to leave her there. I have no problem with the idea of a returning Bond girl, just not her.

There have been plans and rumours to bring back every other Bond girl since '89, I doubt it will come to anything.

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged]

#35 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

As much as Olga was great to look at (nothing demeaning intended there) I think having her return in a major role would be defeatist.
I'm assuming that the next Bond will be a fresh start so maybe a quick return in a few scenes?
She wasn't killed off so that DOES give her an "in" with Camille but not all surviving characters are left alive for a purpose..we will probably be left with just our imaginations as to what became of her. B)
Sometimes it's better that way.

Well stated. ITA.

Personally I don't like the idea. I don't want to write her off as just another Bond girl, because each one is unique. But at the same time she wasn't special, she didn't develop an especially meaningful relationship with Bond and they both went their separate ways at the end of the film
Also her motivation in QoS was revenge against Greene, not Quantum. As far as I'm concerned her story's over, any attempt to bring her back now would just feel contrived. She was a good character in QoS, but I think it's best to leave her there.

Agreed. Camille was fine but her appearing in just one film was enough. There's too many other potential Bond girls for Bond to meet. In the long run, Camille will be much more special if she is remembered as "the one that got away."

#36 karligula

karligula

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

Everybody seems to love Olga Kurylenko, am I the only one who just didn't warm to her at all?

Then again AVTAK is one of my favourite Bond movies and I liked Stacy Sutton a whole lot so maybe I'm just weird B)

#37 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Everybody seems to love Olga Kurylenko, am I the only one who just didn't warm to her at all?

I wouldn't say I love Olga. I would say she was an improvement over many relatively recent Bond girls(Jinx, Christmas, Wai Lin) but that's not necessarily saying much. I'd probably place Olga in the middle of the pack somewhere, neither one of the best nor one of the worst. Speaking for myself, Caterina Murino is the Craig Bond girl I love the most but unless she pulls a Maud Adams-type move, I don't foresee her making a series return. Which is fine since I like the tradition of new Bond girls for each new film although Caterina could've used more screen time in CR.

#38 karligula

karligula

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Yeah Caterina is unquestionably top notch B)

#39 solace

solace

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Yesterday I watched Miss Goodnight(TMWTGG) then Vesper Lynd(CR) Today I saw Ursula Andress and tonight Olga Kurylenko and all I can say anytime Olga wants to turn up in a Bond film thats just fine with me.!!!!!!