8 replies to this topic

#1 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I just rememberd in QOS the moment in the Siena chase.

It was probs the best moment in the entire film, during the chase on the rooftop Bond is jumping off a roof and fires his gun and miss Mitchell. That has to be the best shot and moment in the film.

Just remembered it, hoping to God I didn't misremember it I haven't seen QOS since November. Just thoughtI'd air it.

#2 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

Definitely a cool shot. Dynamic and classic. Reminds me of Connery or Lazenby a lot for some reason.

#3 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:32 AM

Nah, the best shot was when Bond drops down off the floating stage and crosses over to the opera house in Bregenz.

#4 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

Actually, MY favorite shot is in the opera house, when Greene and Bond see each other. The whole thing goes into slo-mo and this beautiful classical piece kicks in as Bond hurtles himself through the backstage areas. The moment right before that, when they just stand glaring at each other is brilliant to me.

It's full of great shots, though. If you ask me, QoS is one of the most beautifully filmed movies in the entire series.

#5 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

There are certainly lots of great shots in QOS, but I also like Bond's rooftop gunshot.

#6 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

The best shot was in the mute B) scene.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

I just rememberd in QOS the moment in the Siena chase.

It was probs the best moment in the entire film, during the chase on the rooftop Bond is jumping off a roof and fires his gun and miss Mitchell. That has to be the best shot and moment in the film.

Just remembered it, hoping to God I didn't misremember it I haven't seen QOS since November. Just thoughtI'd air it.

Yep. Great shot. It's just a shame that it was too missable.

#8 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Reminds me of Connery or Lazenby a lot for some reason.

Yes, me too. It's great to see Bond multi-tasking like that in the heat of battle. Sprinting, jumping and firing his weapon in one clean motion. A short but sweet moment.

#9 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

Actually, MY favorite shot is in the opera house, when Greene and Bond see each other. The whole thing goes into slo-mo and this beautiful classical piece kicks in as Bond hurtles himself through the backstage areas. The moment right before that, when they just stand glaring at each other is brilliant to me.

It's full of great shots, though. If you ask me, QoS is one of the most beautifully filmed movies in the entire series.

I loved this one too, but it just annoyed me in the final cut. In the trailer you see the full scope of Greene's reaction as he comes down the stairs, in the film he's already kind of standing there. Damned editing.