7 replies to this topic

#1 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 05:41 PM

PSM2 and the nintendo pamphlet have big features on the game featuring many pics of BrosnanBond (no BrosnanVoice apparently- and after spending on Pierce they couldn't afford to use Cleese), his aston, his little nellie-style microlite and his gadgets. PSW2 describes the first level where Bond arrives out of the sky, lands in his aston and stops the eiffel tower from getting blown up. The level ends with a cut scene of Bond and gal kissing under some fireworks which then leads into the credits. Yup, they've done it like a film.
The guys playing it didn't think much of the third person stuff or the heaviness of cut scenes. They loved the 'Chain reaction' level though which looks great.

the playstation rag also has a disc on the front which shows the aston in action.

They also reckon the game will come with a bonus DAD DVD. Hurrah!

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 01:14 PM

I bought the PSM2 mag. Great stuff in that one!
I was glad to hear that the game will feature a title sequence and intstrumental theme song.

Sad to hear though that they couldn't get a sound a-like of Brosnan to do the voice. I wonder what it sounds like?

#3 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 01:22 PM

wouldnt they use the same voice guy as the one in agent under fire?

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 02:15 PM

That's what I thought at first but according to the magazine it's somebody who doesn't sound like either of them.

I actually wish they'd continued to use the AUF Bond likeness and voice then they could base the whole series of games around him and then we'd have a literary Bond (Fleming's), a Cinematic Bond (the actor at the time) and the video game Bond.

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 05:21 PM

I hated the AUF likeness :) It just wasn't "Bond".

PB being in it is a good thing - one of many things that make the game look like a good competitor against Goldeneye.

#6 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:36 PM

As info one of the big PC gaming mags (Computer Gaming World or PCGamer, can't remember which exactly) on the stands now that has Nightfire featured on the cover and a big article.

#7 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 09:21 PM

Just checked and the PC mag with the Nightfire feature is the November issue of Computer Gaming World (it has a digital likeness of Pierce Brosnan on the cover).

#8 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 02:03 PM

Attn. PC gamers. Computer Gaming World magazine's Gamers.com website has the entire article from their November issue on Nightfire.