1078 replies to this topic

#901 Ian Dickerson

Ian Dickerson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

The last reprinting of Meet the Tiger was done in September 1980. Leslie refused any further reprintings because he considered the book an embarrassment.

As for the other matter, well I'm reluctant to say too much in a public forum.

#902 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Never knew that! Thanks for clarifying. I think he was being a bit hard on himself though - he must have been late teens or 20 when he wrote it. 20 at the oldest if it was first published in 1928.

Totally understand re the other.

#903 St Louis

St Louis

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'm over the moon about this news. I hate a lot of my copies, as it can be a horror to see what's lurking on the next page - if they're not stuck together. I know some people like secondhand books, but I never have...

Edited by St Louis, 14 August 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#904 Brett Sinclair

Brett Sinclair

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Watched "The high fence" last night. Great episode :)

#905 thilaka

thilaka

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

From the Whois lookup;

SIMONTEMPLAR.TV - Domain Information
Domain SIMONTEMPLAR.TV [ Site Info Traceroute RBL/DNSBL lookup ]
Registrar EASYSPACE LTD.
Registrar URL http://www.easyspace.com
Whois server whois.easyspace.com
Created 20-Nov-2000
Updated 25-Jan-2011
Expires 20-Nov-2012
Time Left 662 days 0 hours 43 minutes
Status CLIENT-XFER-PROHIBITED CLIENT-UPDATE-PROHIBITED
DNS servers NS1.ENIXNS.COM 64.91.230.240
NS2.ENIXNS.COM 209.59.140.101
SIMONTEMPLAR.TV - Geo Information
IP Address 84.45.45.133
Host simontemplar.tv
Location GB, United Kingdom
City Poole, D6 -
Organization Enix
ISP Connexions4London Ltd
AS Number AS25577 C4L main AS
Latitude 53°90'00" North
Longitude 1°61'67" West
Distance 2208.13 km (1372.07 miles)
A search on the IP address says nothing as well. This only said because, to me, the above says nothing either ...
Over to others.

Hi you can also get the whois look up details of the website at Whoisxy.com here they provide whois search tool using which you can get details about the web site .The details include domain owner name ,contact address ,domain creation date ,expiry date etc..

#906 Ian Dickerson

Ian Dickerson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Seems like a highly dubious website if you ask me...;-)

#907 Ian Dickerson

Ian Dickerson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Exactly fifty years after the premiere of the British spy seriesThe Saint, a remake is picking up steam with a pilot directed by Simon West. British actor Adam Rayner has been cast in the title role made famous by Roger Moore in the original series. The remake, produced by Brad Krevoy, is not set at a network yet. Written/executive produced by Jesse Alexander (Heroes), it is slated to begin shooting a pilot later this month. In the project, debonair international thief Simon Templar (Rayner), a modern day Robin Hood, steals from rich criminals and keeps the loot for himself. A master of disguise, improvisation, martial arts, firearms and espionage and the quintessential English gentleman, he is hired by certain government agencies for special assignments. The completed pilot is expected to be shopped to networks.

Rayner was last seen co-starring opposite Melissa George on the first season of the Cinemax/BBC spy drama Hunted, created by Frank Spotniz. He is repped by ICA Talent, IALA, and attorneys Jamie Feldman in the US and Maxine Hoffman and Lara Beach in the UK. This is not the first stab at remaking The Saint on the small sceen. Four years ago, Moore was attached to produce a TV movie/backdoor pilot. Producers Barry Levinson, Tom Fontana, Bill MacDonald and writer Jorge Zamacona were behind the project, which had James Purefoy attached as the lead but ultimately didn’t get off the ground. Val Kilmer played Templar in the 1997 feature remake.

#908 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Thanks, Ian, that's great news indeed!

#909 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I hate to be a pessimenst, but Im sure no one can blame me if I don't hold my breath for this one.

#910 Ian Dickerson

Ian Dickerson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Don't blame you at all, however this is definitely happening. The financing is in place, our leading man and director are out in L.A. at the moment, this will happen.

Whether it'll be any good or not, well we shall see!

#911 Bond Bombshell

Bond Bombshell

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

One actor that may be worth looking at is 34 year old Adam Rayner who is currently filming Spooks replacement spy series Nemesis.

As for Adam Rayner, well, I've not knowingly seen any of his work but from his photos alone I'd give him an audition

Ian

OK Ian I'll claim my commission now thanks. ;)

On a more serious note, is this the same project that has been in development for years or is the genesis of this pilot unrelated to previous efforts?

Funnily enough I watched Rayner in Hunted (formerly known as Nemesis) and thought he looked very unSaintly, although that was down to the beard and awful haircut. I trust he will be better coiffured for Templar.

#912 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Good luck Ian.

#913 Ian Dickerson

Ian Dickerson

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

OK Ian I'll claim my commission now thanks. ;)

On a more serious note, is this the same project that has been in development for years or is the genesis of this pilot unrelated to previous efforts?

Funnily enough I watched Rayner in Hunted (formerly known as Nemesis) and thought he looked very unSaintly, although that was down to the beard and awful haircut. I trust he will be better coiffured for Templar.

This is a fresh script with a lot of fresh people on board.

And I completely and utterly agree with you about his haircut. However having sat in on his audition, I think we've got the right man for the job.

Ian

#914 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Best of luck for this, Ian!

#915 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

"Matser of disguise" sounds like a hangover from the Kilmer movie, which isn't encourgaing, but with luck they'll handle it with some, um, taste and discretion. Fingers crossed that the pilot is good and goes to series!

#916 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'll believe it when I see it!

Good luck all the same.

#917 saint mark

saint mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

We got close last year, now lets see some improvement and actually get a new series.

#918 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

"Matser of disguise" sounds like a hangover from the Kilmer movie, which isn't encourgaing, but with luck they'll handle it with some, um, taste and discretion. Fingers crossed that the pilot is good and goes to series!

He did occasionally disguise himself in the books, but not with the accompanying names after celestial Saints as per the Kilmer movie.

#919 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Great news, Ian. Looking forward to it.

#920 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

He did occasionally disguise himself in the books, but not with the accompanying names after celestial Saints as per the Kilmer movie.

Which was a nice touch. The master of disguise thing was a bit hokey and unoriginal, but the film had some nice ideas. I liked the setup of him being a thief who'd set himself a target above which he wasn't interested in going.

#921 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

http://www.deadline....-to-co-produce/

#922 saint mark

saint mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Eliza Dushku as Patricia Holm, I am not sold on the idea.

But it seems that this production is picking up speed so that is the good news.

#923 screamingmoonrock

screamingmoonrock

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Ian, excellent choice for ST, now any news on what he will be driving?  Here's a couple of suggestions, something to upset the establishment, a Blue Nissan GTR.  Something well established, the new Mercedes SL AMG or the new SRT Viper.  Please nothing rear/mid engined.

#924 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Yes, Dushku seems like casting a TV name rather than someone who can do well by the part. However, I say that without having seen her in much--I just know I found her underwhelming in the Dollhouse series. But you can't have everything...

#925 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Ian, excellent choice for ST, now any news on what he will be driving?  Here's a couple of suggestions, something to upset the establishment, a Blue Nissan GTR.  Something well established, the new Mercedes SL AMG or the new SRT Viper.  Please nothing rear/mid engined.

How about a restored Volvo P1800.

#926 screamingmoonrock

screamingmoonrock

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

A restored P1800 would be cool.  How about a restored and upgraded Jaguar E-Type, like what EagleGB.com does. 

#927 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hirondel, preferably the latest model.

#928 screamingmoonrock

screamingmoonrock

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

I second the Hirondel.  BTW, the rare Hirondel was made in Coventry UK, if that is the case, then ladies and gents I give you www.lyonheart.com.  Ultra rare and limited and made in the UK.  Yes, it looks like an E-type Jag.

#929 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yes, Dushku seems like casting a TV name rather than someone who can do well by the part. However, I say that without having seen her in much--I just know I found her underwhelming in the Dollhouse series. But you can't have everything...

I actually approve of the Dushku casting. I miss seeing her ever since Buffy ended.

#930 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Ages back for one of the previous incarnations of this Saint pilot they said they had a deal with Fisker, I think.

Personally I'd go with a white XKR: I think Return of the Saint was the only one to really get his car right!

Hopefully the ST 1 plate will endure; although I think they had trouble using it for the 80's version as somebody actually owned it at the time.